• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wedding Thread (2 Viewers)

Corvid

HSC
N/A
Thankfully when it comes to weddings, I've already got the suit prepared (see pic)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
weddings are the best lolsmith don't be so silly

here is a moodboard I made for my sister a while ago.

View attachment 23122
Whilst that looks all pretty and dandy, I would still rather spend the money on something so much more worthwhile, like a month long honeymoon

You live with your husband for 15 years. You worked your ass off establishing where you are today. All of a sudden, he wants a divorce or something. Does this mean you're left with nothing?
You worked just as hard as he did, so you deserve half of it.
where the *fuck* did you get this idea from

exactly. he may have worked hard bringing in the money, but she worked just as hard raising the kids (assuming she was a stay at home mum). different type of work but equally as important. she shouldnt be left with nothing. or even he if he becomes a stay at home dad.
obviously *OBVIOUSLY* she won't be left with nothing

But that sure as *fuck* does not mean that a man deserves to lose half of his life's work just because his woman was too lazy to get her own job
so whose to put a price on the job it takes to raise kids?
its purely judgmental. i dont think you can put a price on raising kids.

also, a prenup would make each partner always have their guard up in their marriage. its like a constant contest. "shit if he starts making more money then me and divorces me, i wont be able to afford this lifestyle ive been living for the past 10 years. i better start working longer hours so get a promo even if that puts strain on my relationship"
If you can't put a price on it, then why are you putting a price on it

and no married couples don't think about their prenups every second of every day are you 8 years old

alot do. and their usually the ones that complain about double standards yet are the reason for them.

you
were there kids involved?
also, thats what he gets for marrying a gold digging bitch.
LOL
well hes an idiot. if he didnt see that she was in it for the money then the deserves to loose the money.
my point is, people need to be realistic when they marry someone. look at the other person and really understand them. not marry them being head over heels in love but not seeing their many flaws or who they are. id rather not get married then marry someone i dont know better then i know myself.

alos, kids change alot of things

lol im not 12. i know things arnt black and white. and thats my point exactly, marriage is a business proposal in most cases and thats why pre nups are needed. and im saying thats wrong. people have stopped getting married from love.

think about your rents. in my case, my mum was a stay at home mum. now if my parents were to get a divorce and they had a prenup, should my mum be left with nothing? no way. she works just as hard as my dad. should she be forced to live in a lower social class after being subject to a different for so many years of her life because she didnt work? no way.
yes she should because she didn't have a job

Why the fuck does she deserve to live in a higher "social class" despite not actually earning any money and just being a cleaner and child-rearer for her husband
Why is it HIS money?
You worked too. It's not like you did nothing.
No you fucking didn't. You did no actual work that resulted in you creating income for yourself. He is the one that's gone out for (often) over 40 hours a week for several years to earn money. You had no part in the actual money-making process and were living off of his dime.

Are you sure? Every other post you've made in this thread points to the contrary.

yeah weddings nah

kids yeah sure why not

adoption? I'd probably adopt a baby

hscishard

HSC
so anne you see effort in raising kids is worth the same (or some) value as paid work.

And it's not like fathers don't raise the children

HSC
Uni Grad
so anne you see effort in raising kids is worth the same (or some) value as paid work.
I sure as hell do. Being a decent parent may or may not be the most difficult job but it does require a lot of dedication, effort and care etc.

I'm thankful as fuck we had mum as full time parent and I'm certain we've turned out much better for it, infinitely better than the extra $$$ could could have done.

HSC
Uni Grad
fuck no it's your choice to have them so you have to raise them
where the fuck did you pull that from

I'm just saying that the work done raising them is reasonably equivalent

hscishard

HSC
Yup, you chose to have them, you chose raise them. I.e you volunteered to raise them.
hence work in raising them should not involve money or even be seen as being worthy of some cash

HSC
Uni Grad
Are we talking about this from a divorce standpoint?
Ie. if a stay at home parent and someone with a job gets a divorce, that the one who parented is entitled to no share of the money (child support being irrelevant to this discussion) as they didn't earn it?

Bendent

HSC
I sure as hell do. Being a decent parent may or may not be the most difficult job but it does require a lot of dedication, effort and care etc.

I'm thankful as fuck we had mum as full time parent and I'm certain we've turned out much better for it, infinitely better than the extra $$$ could could have done.
agree. if the mum is workiing full time also, kids get a different form of bringing up and this affects their life later on.

HSC
Whilst that looks all pretty and dandy, I would still rather spend the money on something so much more worthwhile, like a month long honeymoon

where the *fuck* did you get this idea from

obviously *OBVIOUSLY* she won't be left with nothing

But that sure as *fuck* does not mean that a man deserves to lose half of his life's work just because his woman was too lazy to get her own job

If you can't put a price on it, then why are you putting a price on it

and no married couples don't think about their prenups every second of every day are you 8 years old

you

yes she should because she didn't have a job

Why the fuck does she deserve to live in a higher "social class" despite not actually earning any money and just being a cleaner and child-rearer for her husband

No you fucking didn't. You did no actual work that resulted in you creating income for yourself. He is the one that's gone out for (often) over 40 hours a week for several years to earn money. You had no part in the actual money-making process and were living off of his dime.

Are you sure? Every other post you've made in this thread points to the contrary.

yeah weddings nah

kids yeah sure why not

adoption? I'd probably adopt a baby
then again

its probably his fault for supporting his wife and not making her get her own job

no bitch whos capable of worken is gunna be sitting around my house all day fucking the pool boy etc

HSC
also right think about this

by being a stay at home mum means you are essentially being paid by your husband (food, mortgage, utilities etc) to raise his kids and fuck him

wat

deal wif it

(so when you get a divorce, that employment contract is over and you get nothing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)