Type or write notes for the HSC (1 Viewer)

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
You should really just have a system. You write your notes and the only reason you should be typing them back up is to exclude things you think arn't that important and add things which are... so basically just re-type what you've written.

jamesfirst

HSC
I wish I had Ipad so I can study on the bus and train :(...

harhar

HSC
I've been typign them - hope my hand wont be too stupid to write by the time i enter the exam room for the upcoming trials

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
I really prefer writing because I like using lots of colours for headings, highlighting, draw arrows to connect ideas and diagrams. I tried typing but I found I got too distracted with formatting and I couldn't connect my ideas. Plus I found when I typed my notes I actually wrote more than I needed. I focus more when I write.

However, I do type English because all I'm doing for that is practice essays and it's easier to type out your essay first, memorise it, then practice writing it.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I do both.

In class I hand write information and as such, then when I get home I summarise this information on the computer, also allows for me to design my notes so they're more visually appealing and certain facts that are more significant I can use a system to make them stand out. Though, that is for my subjects, which majority are content-based, thus this allows for easier summarising. If I were doing subjects like Maths, Sciences, (perhaps Art) or other things that require formulas and the ability of free-hand, then I'd probably hand write more so.

muzeikchun852

HSC
I do both.

In class I hand write information and as such, then when I get home I summarise this information on the computer, also allows for me to design my notes so they're more visually appealing and certain facts that are more significant I can use a system to make them stand out. Though, that is for my subjects, which majority are content-based, thus this allows for easier summarising. If I were doing subjects like Maths, Sciences, (perhaps Art) or other things that require formulas and the ability of free-hand, then I'd probably hand write more so.
yeah. that exactly what I do. worded perfectly. rep-ed.

I don't see how it's possible to study with such a vibrant and versatile beauty in your hands.
hsc is much more important than ipad's apps.

aya-chan

HSC
I usually hand-write my notes, then type them up (if I have time). But for me, making notes is for revision. It's just to make sure I know everything, and write it all down.

Especially for sciences, and maybe languages, it's more important to do practice questions than make notes.

Gigacube

HSC
I usually hand-write my notes, then type them up (if I have time). But for me, making notes is for revision. It's just to make sure I know everything, and write it all down.

Especially for sciences, and maybe languages, it's more important to do practice questions than make notes.
I agree with this for physics as you have to understand the concepts, not just the theory.

I like typing because I'm on the computer a lot and if I'm waiting for something I can always look at it. I also find it useful to make changes & make it more visually appealing. The comment/review feature is quite useful for English essays.

I prefer to handwrite maths as it can get fiddly and so I can do some questions by hand to understand the concept.

When I do questions I always handwrite them.

I was considering purchasing an iPod Touch so that I could revise on the go and use it to graph stuff in maths but I decided against it as I would probably be using it more for fun.

turbomedi343

HSC
typing is great for short notes

writing should just expand on it

maths94

HSC
do any way as long as the knowledge gets to your head

crimson_delight

HSC
Class notes (except for English) are written in pen, then usually re-typed on a Word document or other apps on my Mac (such as MindNode; really good for mind-maps!) ... I still haven't found a good way for me to study, so I just kind of throw in everything, because no study method apparently works for me. I write, type, rewrite the typed, do mind-maps (these must be computerised otherwise it gets too messy), get pictures, etc, but ... yeah. I've also tried learning through audio, but never again - I cannot listen to my own voice LOL. Perhaps if Alan Rickman or James McAvoy read out my study notes, that would be good. But then I might get impregnated. ;)

jnney

lemon
HSC
Hm it's been a while now..I'd definitely say that I'd prefer handwritten notes. There's a sense of connection you make between writing and reinforcing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)