Type or write notes for the HSC (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Bit of both, I hand-wrote most of my notes, but when I started running out of time/became lazy I started typing. Writing is good as it makes you focus more, you take in what you write, so it's a 2 in 1 system, study and make notes, typing, for me anyway, doesn't stick in my head that easily, and memorizing hand written notes I find a lot easier.

Also use colour coding, it helps.

K

khorne

Typing is superior. You'll find a need to include/change things in your notes, and multiple revisions are easier to do on a word doc. Additionally, colour coding, formatting, internet images/diagrams etc, all look better on a computer rather than hand written.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
hand written! easier to retain the knowledge, but it changes person to person. Try both and see for yourself

muzeikchun852

HSC
type - neat, can be easily changed if there are new info.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Both. Writing helps to memorise. Typing is neat and you can always edit. I can't have one without the other. Teaching is also effective.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Which one do you prefer, and why?

Writing takes ages in comparison to typing. I initially began writing my notes, but found it ineffective as it was both time consuming and somehow harder to process the information when reading over. But generally i would recommend typing, as it is faster and more editable.

HSC
Uni Grad
Writing takes ages in comparison to typing. I initially began writing my notes, but found it ineffective as it was both time consuming and somehow harder to process the information when reading over. But generally i would recommend typing, as it is faster and more editable.
agree. This is why I type notes, or if at all, I don't write notes and learn how to understand things instead

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Typing makes editing easier and is much quicker.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
whichever one you can read and revise over after having highlighted it a few times previously..

if your handwriting is really crap, perhaps its better to type

jamesfirst

HSC
I write mine for Physics and Chemistry

I type mine for English and SOR

I write my formula book for my math

My hand writing is neat as fk, and I find it more effective to hand write my notes for science. There's a lot to take in and I don't wana print any shit. I can already tell that writing is more advantageous for science, all those who has typed them failed their half yearlies looool

shoutoutloud

HSC
I did my HSC in 2009, I both typed and hand wrote different parts of my notes. Overall i found it easiest to type as what alot of people have said, you need to change and adapt your information as you go further in depth during the year/with your research. Especially during revisions time with things you may have missed

raghusi

HSC
typing for advanced english- easier to edit!
rest- chem, eco, maths- hand-write definitely

shahin92

HSC
Depends on when you're writing the notes...I used to go ahead for chemistry/physics, so I preferred hand-writing notes as I both studied and make notes for it simultaneously. If you've mastered a topic already, typing also works fine. But however you make your notes, you must revise them to solidify them into your long term memory.

tom-spin

HSC
Last year I handwrote all my notes for english, commerce, IPT etc and my rank was around 20/ 175

This year (I'm in year 11) I started using my laptop at school and typing all my notes and in the half yearly I came top 5 in 4/ 7 of my subjects.

Typing your notes just makes jotting down the things that other people don't have the speed to write down via handwriting and it is far easier to format and add in other things you might have missed out on. Also if you can touch type it helps quick a lot as well.

Ipad is also good to use :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)