Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
pls no one post their Trial exam questions here, especially if you're doing a pre-set trial (Catholic, Independent). Dunno if that's been said already. (Or do they do their trials at the same time? idk...)
Why would u not want people to post up the questions?

CloudDeter

HSC
Cause some schools are having trials earlier than others. Depending on the school they will purchase papers from a certain organisation. So if anyone decides to post their questions they got earlier here, they'd be disadvantaging themselves (if students see the question and study for it before their actual trials, they are at an advantage).

Makematics

HSC
had my modules english paper, was alright. the relief is amazing... from here the trials will be fun! I would say mod B>C>A was the order of pages. also i heard there were people who wrote up to 4 times as many pages as i did... talk about quality>quantity. we got a good question for mod C, mod B was curly as fk, and mod A was bleghhh

deviouswatch

HSC
CSSA everyone does it at the same time. I also heard a teacher say that it's board directed procedure not to allow ANYONE to do the exam unless on the specified CSSA day. So if you're away, they give you another revised exam, not the original CSSA!
At my school, people have clashes, so they get to sit the exam AFTER everyone else. Kind of stupid because they're at an advantage, and they get to sit the same paper(CSSA)

had my modules english paper, was alright. the relief is amazing... from here the trials will be fun! I would say mod B>C>A was the order of pages. also i heard there were people who wrote up to 4 times as many pages as i did... talk about quality>quantity. we got a good question for mod C, mod B was curly as fk, and mod A was bleghhh
What texts do you do?

Cause some schools are having trials earlier than others. Depending on the school they will purchase papers from a certain organisation. So if anyone decides to post their questions they got earlier here, they'd be disadvantaging themselves (if students see the question and study for it before their actual trials, they are at an advantage).
But trials are internal assessment! It doesn't affect the people on this board who aren't from their school a whole lot!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
At my school, people have clashes, so they get to sit the exam AFTER everyone else. Kind of stupid because they're at an advantage, and they get to sit the same paper(CSSA)

The school should schedule the exams so that people don't have clashes and everyone sits the same subject exam at the same time.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Um. It's cheating.

I would rather have the satisfaction of doing the trials to the best of my ability rather than know the questions beforehand and let that guilt hang around me for a very very long time.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
AoS: Romulus
Mod A: Frankenrunner
Mod B: Slessor poetry
Mod C: Caesar
Just a question- when doing essays for Caesar + supplementary texts what themes do you have (if you discuss texts thematically?)

I have Idealism, Power, Manipulation (and as a backup Public vs Private).

Makematics

HSC
Just a question- when doing essays for Caesar + supplementary texts what themes do you have (if you discuss texts thematically?)

ummm i didnt really explore themes much today as the question didnt suit it, but the mod B question did :p when i was preparing i too investigated public vs private as that ties in nicely with my related. I mainly talked about language and visual techniques, as well as stagecraft.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
AoS: Romulus
Mod A: Frankenrunner
Mod B: Slessor poetry
Mod C: Caesar
I do the bolded.

Idealism versus pragmatism, and the idea of "Caesar" as an immortal legacy versus his physical mortality.

coyney

HSC
I do the bolded.

Idealism versus pragmatism, and the idea of "Caesar" as an immortal legacy versus his physical mortality.
Is it advised to do it thematically, I've been taught that it can be done as simply how perspectives are represented in the text and how they are shaped by the composer's context?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Is it advised to do it thematically, I've been taught that it can be done as simply how perspectives are represented in the text and how they are shaped by the composer's context?
You don't have to do it thematically as far as I'm aware, but you probably shouldn't be spitting out different perspectives just for the sake of it. I tend to link the representation of the conflicting perspectives to some underlying idea/purpose (which in a sense can be a theme if you want it to be). i.e. not just how the composer represents them, but why does the composer use them (to get across a point).

Frostbitten

HSC
Ehhhh fuck. I have to do the boring as fuck Smithsonian website for Mod C English. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaarrrrrk.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
You can still do it by themes and text. My themes are sorted by text (1 theme, discuss 2 texts (in AOS and Mod C)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
ENGLISH

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE ME?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!

argh

Makematics

HSC
fuck me turns out ive forgotten all of complex numbers -.- how to remember it again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)