Tips on studying for maths for the next 17-18 days?? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Can anyone give me some tips on what i should be doing for the next 17-18 days for maths??

pastpapers or excercises or etc for 2u???

my atar is in jeopardy atm...(2u is bringing it down alot), 2u marks are very horrible, my tutor has just basically terminated our lessons now due to my progress being so poor..... and pretty much he can't help me now since im making no improvements since trials..

i've been doing alot of practice but i seem to be inefficient and yet my ranks are seem to be getting worser and worser....

before trials i was 4/30 and after i was 15/30 , i got 35% for trials -.-....... cssa btw... i was so bad i only attempted up to question 5... which means my max i could've got was 60/120

need help T.T..

D94

HSC
N/A
Definitely past papers. See where you are really having trouble and then revisit the exercises.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely past papers. See where you are really having trouble and then revisit the exercises.
You reckon i should be spending half the times on excercises and half on past papers???

Glorious

HSC
You probably remember my thread earlier on. I feel the same way about maths going to be the ultimate set-back in relation to my ATAR. Nevertheless, I've been working my way through past papers, but to be honest, the only questions I enjoy doing and actually do PROPERLY are questions 1-7. 8, 9, 10 I blithely ignore, and I think this is something I really need to overcome. I revisited the areas I have trouble with like probablity, but to be honest, I still don't understand it at times, lol. My mind thinks BEYOND the stupidity of probablity.

enoilgam

HSC
Past paper after past paper. As much as I'd like to suggest some great alternative study method for maths, past papers are the best solution.

Aysce

HSC
Just try to relearn your concepts and methods for certain topics, and test your knowledge with past papers. Maybe it is a good idea to do certain questions that start off easy and gradually become harder. I know this is quite obvious but try this way and it'll hopefully sustain what you've learnt.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
You probably remember my thread earlier on. I feel the same way about maths going to be the ultimate set-back in relation to my ATAR. Nevertheless, I've been working my way through past papers, but to be honest, the only questions I enjoy doing and actually do PROPERLY are questions 1-7. 8, 9, 10 I blithely ignore, and I think this is something I really need to overcome. I revisited the areas I have trouble with like probablity, but to be honest, I still don't understand it at times, lol. My mind thinks BEYOND the stupidity of probablity.
Same i can actually relax from 1-7.. 8-10 are a bit of struggle at times... it's really scaring me.. good seeing some people like me :(...

Past paper after past paper. As much as I'd like to suggest some great alternative study method for maths, past papers are the best solution.
K.. i'll keep continuing them.. Im aiming to do atleast 2 a day from today.. So i'll have completed 40+ pastpapers by maths..

I've done about 10 so far.. but as mentioned since my maths is so weak i didn't do them in an efficient or appropriate manner.

ty guys~

D94

HSC
N/A
You reckon i should be spending half the times on excercises and half on past papers???
More focus on past papers, as they are the sorts of questions that you will get, ie. the wording, the structure... whereas exercises may have ambiguous wording or a different structure to the question. Usually, questions are rewrites of another, so by knowing what to expect, you're giving yourself a huge advantage.

Exercises are still good for remembering the concept, ie. repeatedly doing similar questions.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
More focus on past papers, as they are the sorts of questions that you will get, ie. the wording, the structure... whereas exercises may have ambiguous wording or a different structure to the question. Usually, questions are rewrites of another, so by knowing what to expect, you're giving yourself a huge advantage.

Exercises are still good for remembering the concept, ie. repeatedly doing similar questions.
did you only do past papers for trials?? or was your preparations similar????

I did pastpapers for trials (although i didn;t look at them properly)

D94

HSC
N/A
did you only do past papers for trials?? or was your preparations similar????

I did pastpapers for trials (although i didn;t look at them properly)
Well, I'm a MX1 and MX2 student, and I didn't have the same issue as you now, although MX2 can be a hassle. For the Trials, I just did past papers from selective schools, and set myself a time limit.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I'm a MX1 and MX2 student, and I didn't have the same issue as you now, although MX2 can be a hassle. For the Trials, I just did past papers from selective schools, and set myself a time limit.
oh..... that was my issue. i didn't set the time limit for myself..

btw this was a contributing factor that made my only complete up to 1-5...

I spent too long on question 1 (I can remember it was atleast 30 mins which is ridiculous now it takes me 5mins tops)....

anyways thank you !! good luck..

taeyang

HSC
PAST GNIKCUF PAPERS... if you get something wrong after it, just look it up... I swear, Math could be the easiest subject to study for (ext1 anyway.. sigh..)

unknown88

HSC
N/A
+ 1 those past paper questions are going to be in your HSC test just obviously questioned differently but same concepts.

interesting

HSC
N/A
NOW GO DO SOME PAST PAPERS UNDER EXAM CONDITIONS!!!!! Find out your weaknesses, fix them.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you find trouble with some particular area, go back to your textbook and do exercises from them - I think.

sydneyitee

HSC
i'm not failing... but in the holidays i spent like a whole week going back to my book and worksheets the teacher gave... i wrote notes on the topics i wasn't sure about, wrote about what sort of questions there are, what sort of tricks to look out for (changing limits for u substitution that sort of thing). it took a long time but it paid off because last night i attempted a 3 unit and i was happy with how i went (but i think its too late for that now...)

sydneyitee

HSC
because the exams in two weeks... i'm pretty sure no one has 1 week to kill on maths without focusing on their other subjects

mathemalia

HSC
Understand why you doing each step in the problems. Don't just memorise how its to be done, understand. For my trials I practiced the day before, got 95%.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Understand why you doing each step in the problems. Don't just memorise how its to be done, understand. For my trials I practiced the day before, got 95%.
oo??? what type of practice did you do the day before basically??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)