Thoughts on raw mark needed for an E4 (1 Viewer)

ash_xx

HSC
N/A
i did the entire success one book, 92-08 papers, and srsly, there have been some INCREDIBLY easy ones in the past, some totally bs and some in the middle...
i reckon todays was kinda in the middle..Q 1-4 were easy, 5 was easy but getting challenging, 6-7 were just bleh ..-_-
does everyone agree or am i kidding myself...

i reckon i got around 64-66/84, would tht get an E4??
*please e4 please e4*

math man

HSC
N/A
i did the entire success one book, 92-08 papers, and srsly, there have been some INCREDIBLY easy ones in the past, some totally bs and some in the middle...
i reckon todays was kinda in the middle..Q 1-4 were easy, 5 was easy but getting challenging, 6-7 were just bleh ..-_-
does everyone agree or am i kidding myself...

i reckon i got around 64-66/84, would tht get an E4??
*please e4 please e4*

yeh q5 was easy but i stuffed up, for q6, part b ii) was stupid and 7 part c i) was a bitch, the hardest question of the test, i jus wrote bs for it

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
different style of question? like what? :s
Binomial is the only different style of question I could see.

I heard general had different types of Qs too.

Why are we getting weird exams? :(
Because for the past decade, so many students are 'wrote' learning; therefore there has been a rapid increase in Band 6s (especially in 2007 - and those exams were a joke) - are we getting smarter as a state? I think not. Therefore the Board has designed these exams to eliminate wrote learning and to test real knowledge. Although this screwed me over with the binomials question - rest of the exam was fine though tbh.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

Because for the past decade, so many students are 'wrote' learning; therefore there has been a rapid increase in Band 6s (especially in 2007 - and those exams were a joke) - are we getting smarter as a state? I think not. Therefore the Board has designed these exams to eliminate wrote learning and to test real knowledge. Although this screwed me over with the binomials question - rest of the exam was fine though tbh.
+1
I like this idea. Because for maths, I don't have a problem with it.
I'm not sure if sciences will be a surprise though.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lol, you mean rote learning.
Anyway, I reckon this test was easy as hell, just question 6 and 7 were wickedly hard.
I still got raped though, mistakes everywhere.
I looked at my paper to write the student numbers on every page after they said pens down and guess what I see?
One of the first questions:
x - 3 > 0
x > 0
Wtf so glad I changed it to normal, damn I'm stupid :(

micuzzo

HSC
different style of question? like what? :s
i did very badly.... but imo the test wasnt too hard... the difference was that it had more abstract type questions earlier on.[does any1 agree??] eg i think that 5a was more of a Q6 type question[it was more doable than a q6 but]

the last part of 4 was also a lil tricky....

Thecorey0

HSC
+2. This seems to be the case for the other maths papers I have seen. Maths is about problem solving, not memorising.

tanuwidge

HSC
58-59/84 E4 cut-off. Exam was hard in comparison to previous years

ryanskies

HSC
i really think E4 cutoff is around 60s, well i got probably 65/84 - hoping that aligns to 46/50 or so, that would be nice considering i forgot how to find the volume of a prism and the quotient rule LOL.

Maelgwn

HSC
Since some ppl feel there needs to be ppl filling out the lower bands here is last year's results:
2 unit Mathematics Extension 1

2008 Candidature - 8571

Band E4
(33.32%)
*Band E3
(48.29%)
*Band E2
(14.18%
*Band E1
(3.93%)

As can be seen more than 80% of the state got at least an E3

shaon0

HSC
I agree.

It'll just depends on the rest of the state but from what i gather, everyone most people got screwed over by the "different" style of questions asked.
Yeah, it kind of helped the people who didn't really do most of the past papers for HSC as it might have set a trend in the student's mind as to the format and question types in 3u. But as a whole, the test wasn't very difficult except for 6 and 7 which were quite challenging plus, the test was very long.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You know me well enough to say that I suck at binomial :)
I opened the page of that horrid question and immediately thought: Well, ain't I screwed? :mad1:
This was me... Question 6 I think it was... I think I'm looking at 2/12? if I'm lucky >_<

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
my physics teacher said they're putting in 20 multiple choice this year not 15... don't quote me on this though
That's total bullshit. :p I think changes occur within the -type- of questions asked, not the -format- of the exam.
Lol, you mean rote learning.
Anyway, I reckon this test was easy as hell, just question 6 and 7 were wickedly hard.
I still got raped though, mistakes everywhere.
I looked at my paper to write the student numbers on every page after they said pens down and guess what I see?
One of the first questions:
x - 3 > 0
x > 0
Wtf so glad I changed it to normal, damn I'm stupid :(
Cheater. :p

snakesena

HSC
This was a crap exam. Where was the easy circle geo.
q7 and q6 pretty bad. q5 that was good.
I’m idiotic for q4 (i got the probability wrong as i didn’t * by the () coefficient)
q 1 to 4 should be a piece of cake.

i think about 50/84. Could i just make it into e4 and what kind of a scaled mark do you think that would be /50
going back awhile, but yeah man I am soooooo with you! Where was the circle geo where u have to trace it into your book? I love tracing. Makes me feel like im in kindergarten again. And what about a 4 mark induction question??? And wth happened to 5 easy marks on exponential growth and decay??? Come on.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
How to hell do you rote learn maths? oO

Sorry, i practise with past papers when i study so i don't know how you would "memorise" answers in maths. It's not like most people would do papers and memorise the answers hoping for the same questions with only different values, or am i wrong? :/

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
How to hell do you rote learn maths? oO

Sorry, i practise with past papers when i study so i don't know how you would "memorise" answers in maths. It's not like most people would do papers and memorise the answers hoping for the same questions with only different values, or am i wrong? :/
Hmmm, I dunno. In my 4U Trial, I saw this question which I had done at tutor for Perms and Combs. I'm really shit at Perms and Combs, honestly, like, I have more chance guessing than actually doing it and hoping to get it right. Saw a similar question, which I remembered doing at tutor, I just read it briefly, and then put down the answer I had somewhat remembered from tutor.

I was only one of 5 or so to luckily get that correct. :p

But yeah, only question where I've 'remembered' the answer. Just happened to be the only perms and combs question I have ever got. Ever. :p

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hmmm, I dunno. In my 4U Trial, I saw this question which I had done at tutor for Perms and Combs. I'm really shit at Perms and Combs, honestly, like, I have more chance guessing than actually doing it and hoping to get it right. Saw a similar question, which I remembered doing at tutor, I just read it briefly, and then put down the answer I had somewhat remembered from tutor.

I was only one of 5 or so to luckily get that correct. :p

But yeah, only question where I've 'remembered' the answer. Just happened to be the only perms and combs question I have ever got. Ever. :p
Oh i see, interesting. If only i remember half of the questions i did as revision in the exam.... ><"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)