The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

T_Knight

HSC
Does anyone else have to time their breaks down to the minute? Like "you're due back at 3.42"! Its so demeaning
Nope. Sounds like your team manager is one of those micromanaging, power-tripping types who like to assert their "authority" at every available instance. For us on checkouts, breaks are just roughly taken when its around that time (written down into a grid beforehand). While breaks don't get timed, only exception is when a staff member is known for always being tardy or a slacker and never returns from their break after 15 or so minutes, they'll get announced over the PA to "return to service" or "return to register x". Its a little different for frontend since you're kind of stuck on the registers/self-serve area and can't just leave the floor anytime like other departments.

If you feel like their being too strict with breaks (meaning your not getting a properly rested), just take more toilet breaks or take it way easier when they're not around to balance it out.

djhol4

HSC
N/A
Has the worst customer experience ever the other night!!!!!!! Im supervising and its dead quiet, 10 minutes before closing and its me and one other girl on the express checkouts. So i start counting one of the registers and get to the point where ive counted all the coins and notes and i just had 4 coin bags to enter into the count.....then two people rock up with huge trolleys , two!! (we never get huge trolleys after 7pm!) one of the trolleys goes to one the other operators on and i kindly tell the other guy to start unloading his stuff on register 6 will i finish up on register 8. I input the final coin bags and send the money, it took me 60 seconds. I then walk over to register 6 and he looses his shit. I try to explain how the registers have to be counted before closing because we don't have enough time to count them all and goes on about how the customer is the most important person in the world, how they can just pay me over time to count after and how its a disgrace there are only two people on. I explain how these things are out of my control and he craps on about how i took ages to count and ignored him, and that i should stop giving him attitude.
At this point i tell him i m not going to talk to him any more because there no point making a scene, so i pack his bags in silence and he tells me i'm doing it with too much "attitude". Then i say i'm just packing his bags and he says "oh I thought you weren't talking to me" ( INCREDIBLY IMMATURE) He then accuses me of giving him attitude when he was paying with his card when all i was doing was standing in silence....(admittedly my face couldn't hide my frustration but i try my hardest)
He then DEMANDS to know my last name, so he can complain about me most likely, and i tell him we dont disclose person information and direct him to my name badge where my first name is displayed. I then politely say good bye and he calls us stupid kids and walks off....

Honestly this man clearly had a bad, and decided to take it out on the little people.....im sick of customers with an over inflated sense of entitlement and im sick of customers who think frontline employees are in control of management decision making

Last edited:

Xantios

HSC
N/A
So I ordered some new Woolies shirts online yesterday. They shipped them today, that's great. Does anyone know on average how long they should take to show up at our store? I only ask because through through various mishaps I managed to get holes or tears in THREE of my shirts in the space of two weeks!! The worst luck ever. Has anyone tried the chinos they're selling through Total Image either? I buy mine elsewhere and they're comfy, but rather more expensive than the ones that Total Image are selling.

yma

HSC
How much do you earn per hour at woolworths?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coffeeandsocks

HSC
Hi guys! I've just started work in the cash office (SSA) and was just wondering if anyone can help me out with Kronos and adjustments? I usually work night shifts but I've started doing some am shifts. After I've entered adjustments, and printed out the exception report, I then page all managers to come to do the adjustments. What do i do after that? Also, I was wondering, what does 'gap scan' mean? Thanks!

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys, need some help!

Applied for a bit under 3 months leave for exams + full time internship, got approved. Decided I want to travel straight after internship for a few weeks and wanted to put in a leave form effectively extending my leave an extra month (4 months total). Department managers suggested I not do this as HR might request me to resign given the duration (I'm part-time).

I can come back and work a couple weeks, and then take leave for travel, but was wondering if the '4 months is too much' is a justified comment? Would my job be safer if I came back from my 3 month leave for 2 weeks then took off again for a couple weeks? Our store's HR rep isn't the kindest of people so just wondering about my options.

Thanks guys!

yma

HSC
Which position? How old are you? Casual or permanent? Few different factors...
i don't know... I haven't applied, yet. I'm 18. I want to work there after my hsc finishes. Do you suggest to do casual or permanent?

Katebrunner

HSC
Hey guys, need some help!

Applied for a bit under 3 months leave for exams + full time internship, got approved. Decided I want to travel straight after internship for a few weeks and wanted to put in a leave form effectively extending my leave an extra month (4 months total). Department managers suggested I not do this as HR might request me to resign given the duration (I'm part-time).

I can come back and work a couple weeks, and then take leave for travel, but was wondering if the '4 months is too much' is a justified comment? Would my job be safer if I came back from my 3 month leave for 2 weeks then took off again for a couple weeks? Our store's HR rep isn't the kindest of people so just wondering about my options.

Thanks guys!
They can't ask you to resign, all they can do is deny the request for the additional month. So you might as well just put in for it and see what they say.

nanakid12

HSC
Anyone know when we're getting new Google workstations? Or if any stores already have them?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...951344090?nk=9b345624c8b51e67d1549283277f9118

This article was earlier in the year, but apparently they made the decision back in 2013. Our workstations are ancient.

i don't know... I haven't applied, yet. I'm 18. I want to work there after my hsc finishes. Do you suggest to do casual or permanent?

Depends on what sort of work you want.
Permanent, you get the perks of sick leave, annual leave, a second discount card for another family member, etc... plus a guaranteed minimum number of hours.

Casual, there is not as much job security, but you get paid a little more. It's a bit more flexible.

Woolies usually offer casual employment for entry level positions, then after a few months may offer you a permanent position.

caleb136

HSC
Hello out there to all Woolworthians

I have a question for you guys that I have always wondered, does anyone know what the busiest woolworths in the store is (sales wise) out here on the west coast the highest trading store does between 1.4-1.5M a week? do you guys know of anyone that does higher??

bouffant

HSC
N/A
our store takes ~ $2.8m/wk. pretty big busy store, no idea where we stand though.

T_Knight

HSC
our store takes ~ $2.8m/wk. pretty big busy store, no idea where we stand though.
Thats massive. You'd have to be top 3 in your state easy. One time, the store manager came to the checkouts and had the sales trading figures for the area and state in his hand. Think the biggest store was doing around $3.1mil/wk (so theres a reference number).

Our store wasn't even in the table lol. But thats good cause staff in busier stores have to do more alot more work, for the same pay).

Katebrunner

HSC
I think Warringah in northern sydney does a huge turnover. Townhall is really busy and has multiple levels but its the sort of store where people only buy a few things, like they don't have a carpark or full size trolleys

Last edited:

alxj

HSC
What are the chances of being able to transfer from my current Woolworths to another store interstate? I'm considering moving for uni, and I still need my job

BSammy

HSC
pretty good, i managed it. best bet is to contact your local HR and ask them who the best person to talk to is. just you might not get one that's super close to where you want to be.

BSammy

HSC
Is anyone else's registers super slow at the moment? All of our checkouts seem to take about 10-20 seconds to "process" the sale when we press ENTER to subtotal the transaction and proceed to the tender screen. It happens regardless of whether a reward card is scanned or not. It's more noticeable if it's an order with lots of products. 100+ item orders take a good 20 seconds at least.

Called IT who rebooted individual registers, got IT to perform a cold start on one register, and finally did a server reboot, but it hasn't improved anything They believe it to be a software problem I think... anyone else experiencing this? It is happening on all of them.

EDIT: I know 10-20 seconds isn't very long, but when your busy serving customers in a fast paced environment, it is a long time to wait.
Wasn't on reg today, but the computers were slow. took 12 minutes for a costing report to complete.

12 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)