The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Is anyone else's registers super slow at the moment? All of our checkouts seem to take about 10-20 seconds to "process" the sale when we press ENTER to subtotal the transaction and proceed to the tender screen. It happens regardless of whether a reward card is scanned or not. It's more noticeable if it's an order with lots of products. 100+ item orders take a good 20 seconds at least.

Called IT who rebooted individual registers, got IT to perform a cold start on one register, and finally did a server reboot, but it hasn't improved anything They believe it to be a software problem I think... anyone else experiencing this? It is happening on all of them.

EDIT: I know 10-20 seconds isn't very long, but when your busy serving customers in a fast paced environment, it is a long time to wait.
Yes! Since the start of last week they have been terrible!

nanakid12

HSC
Yes! Since the start of last week they have been terrible!
Yep, thats exactly when ours started too!

Obviously something to do with the software then... remember a few months ago when scanning a reward card at the start of the transaction instead of the end slowed everything down?

Beaniesnstuff

HSC
N/A
Hello, i've got a question to ask, so recently i went on a "study break" for about 8 months, im a casual worker and recently i went back to ask my manager if i could start working again. I listed my availabilities which are most days and he said "i might not be able to get you any hours" (manager is annoying), so my question is what can i do? i told him 2 weeks ago, and checked the rosters recently, and im not working for the next two weeks either, any suggestions would be helpful. Do i try and go for another job or?

nanakid12

HSC
If your casual, your pretty much at their mercy. They don't have to offer you shifts, except the one every three months to keep your job. The only time you would probably have an advantage as a casual is if there aren't many staff to work/call in and they were desperate for someone to work.

And ALL OUR REGISTERS ARE ACTING EVEN SLOWER!!!! Can't take this much more of it! One of our smoke shop registers is one of the slowest, and it is probably the most used of all of our registers.
It's really hot out in the server room, could that be affecting anything?

Katebrunner

HSC
The servers are supposed to be kept very cool. You better report it to IT because if they overheat it will cause big problems.

caleb136

HSC
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if service supervisors at your store had the black name badges that say Customer Service or just the normal white ones, the store manager just ordered me the black one but one of the other supervisors is kicking up a stink because she didn't get one, seriously, its a name badge....... haha, also if your department managers/duty managers had black ones as well because I noticed at some stores they did and at others they had just the white ones with their title in black writing

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Going to an interview for a part time replenishment role next week, any tips? The person told me the interview will go for 20-30 mins, from this i assume it's just a 1-on-1 interview not group activities?

Is it just the generic "why do you want to work for woolworths etc" stuff.

Cheers

T_Knight

HSC
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if service supervisors at your store had the black name badges that say Customer Service or just the normal white ones
At our store, store manager, ASM, department managers and duty managers all have the black name badge including CSM and service 2IC. Thing is, hardly any of them ever wear it lol. Really is a non-issue anyway cause you don't want crazies, derros, oldies etc to start knowing you on a first-name basis.

Going to an interview for a part time replenishment role next week, any tips? The person told me the interview will go for 20-30 mins, from this i assume it's just a 1-on-1 interview not group activities?

Is it just the generic "why do you want to work for woolworths etc" stuff.

Cheers
Pretty much that. Sounds like a 1-on-1 interview with the manager. You'll ace it as long as you sound confident & give detailed enough answers about being a reliable worker. All about safety first, being punctual, promptly assisting customers when they're in-store, having decent availability. Also be ready to talk a litle about your past jobs/work experience you had. If you're a little shy/nervous, just memorise a few responses beforehand soat least you've got something ready to talk about. Good luck … am sure you'll get it.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
At our store, store manager, ASM, department managers and duty managers all have the black name badge including CSM and service 2IC. Thing is, hardly any of them ever wear it lol. Really is a non-issue anyway cause you don't want crazies, derros, oldies etc to start knowing you on a first-name basis.

Pretty much that. Sounds like a 1-on-1 interview with the manager. You'll ace it as long as you sound confident & give detailed enough answers about being a reliable worker. All about safety first, being punctual, promptly assisting customers when they're in-store, having decent availability. Also be ready to talk a litle about your past jobs/work experience you had. If you're a little shy/nervous, just memorise a few responses beforehand soat least you've got something ready to talk about. Good luck … am sure you'll get it.
Cheers.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
inb4 ON's 5 minute interview with one question

T_Knight

HSC
So, rocked up at work today to find that Woolworths is apparently celebrating its 90th birthday lol. Did YOUR store celebrate the 'festivities' in any way, shape or form??

For us, bakery did their thing and whipped up a massive green cake which was nice. Then we did the whole customary staff team photo (so for a short while, there was absolutely no one on service haha). Other than that, just holding out for a free lunch coz i'm tight on money, too lazy to bring one and don't wanna spend. Anyways, that wraps it up thus far. My 15 is just about up, time to head back out. Fun fun fridays yeah!! /sarcasm

Katebrunner

HSC
So, rocked up at work today to find that Woolworths is apparently celebrating its 90th birthday lol. Did YOUR store celebrate the 'festivities' in any way, shape or form??

For us, bakery did their thing and whipped up a massive green cake which was nice. Then we did the whole customary staff team photo (so for a short while, there was absolutely no one on service haha). Other than that, just holding out for a free lunch coz i'm tight on money, too lazy to bring one and don't wanna spend. Anyways, that wraps it up thus far. My 15 is just about up, time to head back out. Fun fun fridays yeah!! /sarcasm
We didn't do anything :(

subtekjr

HSC
New hire at Woolworths and yeah, registers can be slow. We didn't do anything for the 90th Anno either.

Ertele

HSC
N/A
If you guys can help me, I am after a song that plays on woolworths radio. The tune sounds very much like the "Greensleeves", a soprano is signing it. Like that: http://youtu.be/LbBsZvcj9J0 only I am looking for a particular version - the one that plays in stores. If you know what I am talking about, any ideas who is signing it or what it's actually called? Thanks anyway

nanakid12

HSC
I have the MusicID app on my phone, I stand up on a chair in the lunchroom and hold it up to the speaker on the roof if I ever need to find out the name of a song.

Or, take note of the time and send them a message on facebook and what store your at ha.

How's everyone's Christmas going?? Grids tomorrow look pretty bloody full!! Unlike last week where we still had to cut :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)