The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

lambsie

HSC
Does anyone know when these supposed paid votes for the new EBA are? Wouldn't mind some extra cash and the chance to vote No to more of their crap...

I've pretty much had it with these bastards, 2 down sick and the top of the schedule wrote 'Do not replace any sick shifts'. 7-10 with one operator (me) while getting the supervisor to cover breaks for deli and liquor since we got complaints that we can't completely close these departments.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know if it is possible to cash out annual leave? The new proposed agreement has such a clause for in excess of eight weeks annual leave, but there's nothing about it in the 2009 agreement. I've got seven weeks of leave saved up and being able to cash out one week worth of leave would be handy as I've got some potential medical costs coming up.

britto89

HSC
Does anyone know if it is possible to cash out annual leave? The new proposed agreement has such a clause for in excess of eight weeks annual leave, but there's nothing about it in the 2009 agreement. I've got seven weeks of leave saved up and being able to cash out one week worth of leave would be handy as I've got some potential medical costs coming up.
Sadly you cannot currently cash out leave. Also, i think with the new EBA there is a clause stating that you can only cash out holidays if you have more than 8 weeks.

Your best bet at the moment is to just make sure you get paid for any days you have off work due to the medical costs by either using sick pay (but if you run out of sick pay using annual leave as well).

Clank_

HSC
Does anyone have any tips on the group interview? I got a call for an interview at Big W today and I am by no means a 'bubbly' or social person so I'm a bit terrified to be honest. Any help would be appreciated!
Make sure to contribute as much as you can and try to take the lead in your group if possible.

Does anyone know when these supposed paid votes for the new EBA are? Wouldn't mind some extra cash and the chance to vote No to more of their crap...
Uh.. paid votes?

the new phone numbers DO have their ID blocked.
Pretty stupid imo.

Unikwa

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
If the new EBA goes through, then yes, Annual Leave can be cashed out in excess of 8 weeks (ie any annual leave you have in excess of 8 weeks is convertable).

Unikwa

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
You get paid for the time you spend at the current EBA spruiking meetings (ie usually goes for 1/2 hour and you get paid for that time - even if you come in on own time)

nanakid12

HSC
Woohoo, new people on BoS! :D I love it. Also, I might stop posting as often (just to be in line with company policy) if I get promoted to Service 2ic... I find out next week! I hear they're replacing a number of 2ics in our area lately, bizarre :3

So is everyone voting NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! for the agreement?

someones eye falls out while your serving a customer
Hahaha! The image that spruiked was priceless.

vanessaslam

HSC
Would you say that they generally hire most of the people that attend the group assessments? I'm really hoping that this pulls through because I don't want to go back to fast food ever again. Ever.

Unikwa

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
They took all but 2 of the 20 odd that attended our group interview 12 months ago. I don't know how most of them made it through but I guess it takes time for people's true selves to shine through....

britto89

HSC
So my store got the latest upgrade in the couple of days since i last worked. i am soo happy preswipe is finially gone and i was able to make myself a supervisor barcode today just for fun. i like the new function on the desktop to get EJ access for further back in time as well as the Email link which could indicate a store email account delivered via Google.

bensneddon

HSC
So store managers all got given their new iPads at the conference yesterday. The idea is to allow store managers to spend more time on the shop floor, instead of being tied to their computers. They have also all been given an @woolworths.com.au email address eg. 1141bankstown @woolworths.com.au

Exciting times! Good to see Woolworths introducing new technology into stores.

the way to go

HSC

britto89

HSC
So store managers all got given their new iPads at the conference yesterday. The idea is to allow store managers to spend more time on the shop floor, instead of being tied to their computers. They have also all been given an @woolworths.com.au email address eg. 1141bankstown @woolworths.com.au

Exciting times! Good to see Woolworths introducing new technology into stores.
Yeah, the new store email is most likely delivered by Google apps hence the Email link on the desktop in the latest store release which actually launches Google Chrome at the gmail login page. I had a bit of a play today and it also allows access to Google Docs which could come in handy for typing up stuff instead of having to fight your way through MediaManager.

I assume the iPad will have access to the browser based apps (like WLP and corecomms) but might also use citrix to deliver desktop apps to the device. who know's, guess we'll have to wait and see.

nanakid12

HSC
How do you print out the supervisor barcodes? That'll be handy for when I go on my break, and have to leave an operator in charge....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)