The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

lambsie

HSC
I usually say no and they jusst accept it
I wish they'd all just accept it instead of wanting to speak to a manager (wasn't even a proper duty manager on :D and if it was I'd pretty much be protected), it's just the principle of it, if it wasn't as busy I'd be fine. If they talk to my CSM I'm in crap....

Yolando

Banned
HSC
N/A
I wish they'd all just accept it instead of wanting to speak to a manager (wasn't even a proper duty manager on :D and if it was I'd pretty much be protected), it's just the principle of it, if it wasn't as busy I'd be fine. If they talk to my CSM I'm in crap....
I just say we aren't meant to do it, and they are like.."No harm in trying"

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Forgot to mention,and I don't know whether it was fixed yesterday as I didn't work, but did anyone else have EFT Preswipe just disappear on Thursday?

britto89

HSC
Forgot to mention,and I don't know whether it was fixed yesterday as I didn't work, but did anyone else have EFT Preswipe just disappear on Thursday?
I wish my EFT preswipe disappeared. it annoys me in liquor and has led to me seeing a customers PIN on more than one occasion because they've entered the 4 digits in as the amount they want as cash out and hence it shows up on the screen.

quick90

HSC
Now that you mention, One of my customers was saying something about it on thursday. I wasn't really listening, I usually just cancel it anyway...

the way to go

HSC
how do you guys keep up with all this stuff, just in store releases or what?

contactless is crap. I'd rather not have it anymore to be honest.

britto89

HSC
Lol guys, it was removed deliberately as part of the recent update. (12.07 i think?)
In preparation for contactless payment supposedly...
probably getting the software and stuff for the new EFTPOS machines installed on the registers so when they get switched over they can just reboot the POS and all should be good.

also, i had a read of the EBA book. they have done a backflip in relation to the rest pauses. when i first started it was a 10min pause and 2.5min of walking time each way and now its a 15min rest pause inclusive of walking time. also its good to see SSO and SSA's getting paid a bit more. i never understood why a SSA would get less than a supervisor considering the duties they perform in comparison.

thirdly, in relation to ECM. if the are able to dial 40(Store number)(Ext) can you dial the PA (which is just extension 999) from another store???

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I doubt it. I know you can't call the stores phone number and be transferred onto the PA so I assume it would have a similar restriction.
Also, with supervisors pay, we currently get grade 4, does this mean we're getting a pay reduction down to grade 3 wages? That's fucking bullshit.

In terms of 'appointed', does this mean all new supervisors or does it mean supervisors that are rostered non-FT after the commencement of this EBA?

So what I'm trying to ask is, will I continue to get grade 4? If an operator was promoted to supervisor after the commencement of this EBA, they would only get grade 3 while I continue to get grade 4?

nanakid12

HSC
I would say that you are right in that assumption iMathew, based on my two years of legal studies experience (most boring subject in the world, urgh) :p though, the word "appointed" is unclear, whether it means they are rostered as a supervisor, or if they are given the role after this new agreement comes into effect.

That's another reason to vote NO.

Lol guys, it was removed deliberately as part of the recent update. (12.07 i think?)
In preparation for contactless payment supposedly...
I'm quite excited about the removal of preswipe, if we're all getting it. People were still pre-swiping yesterday, so I take it that we haven't upgraded yet.

It'll be great that we're removing an element of the illusion of control that certain middle-aged woman seem to think they have. They're the sort of people who have to swipe their own Everyday Rewards card, and who ask for their Earn and Learn stickers before you have a chance to offer... you know the "demographic" that I mean?

thirdly, in relation to ECM. if the are able to dial 40(Store number)(Ext) can you dial the PA (which is just extension 999) from another store???
Yeah, I don't think so. Be nice to try though haha.

In other news, I am so glad that EARN AND LEARN IS OVER!! I received lots of praise from people for giving out about 500 stickers each customer for like a $4.00 purchase. We still had plenty of rolls left after we closed.

I bet tomorrow someone will ask for them though...

Last edited:

britto89

HSC
I was pretty sure supervisors were Grade 3 because they supervise Grade 2 staff and that Duty Managers were Grade 4 because they supervised Grade 3 staff. That is my simplified understanding of the old system.

Also can't say I've tried to transfer someone to the PA extension number. The release of ECM information though has explained why there is such a delay in the PA usage though since its all getting sent back to head office and back. i haven't investigated it but i doubt the new phone system actually plugs into the PA amp like the old one did. It might get delivered over the network to the computer that plays the music.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
In other news, I am so glad that EARN AND LEARN IS OVER!! I received lots of praise from people for giving out about 500 stickers each customer for like a $4.00 purchase. We still had plenty of rolls left after we closed.

I bet tomorrow someone will ask for them though...
Same here! Thank GOD! We were all joking that we wanted to have a bonfire and burn all the remaining stickers! lol

nanakid12

HSC
Also can't say I've tried to transfer someone to the PA extension number. The release of ECM information though has explained why there is such a delay in the PA usage though since its all getting sent back to head office and back. i haven't investigated it but i doubt the new phone system actually plugs into the PA amp like the old one did. It might get delivered over the network to the computer that plays the music.
The old phone system didn't plug into the PA amp, at least not in my store. It was also delivered through the same computer as the music. I could tell, because if someone was talking on the #6 PA, then if someone started talking on one of the silver mics, it would drown them out. This is what happens with the current system also.

Also, i didn't know about it being sent to head office and back. I thought because that VoIP protocols are always pretty slow.

Same here! Thank GOD! We were all joking that we wanted to have a bonfire and burn all the remaining stickers! lol
Hahahahaha!

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I was pretty sure supervisors were Grade 3 because they supervise Grade 2 staff and that Duty Managers were Grade 4 because they supervised Grade 3 staff. That is my simplified understanding of the old system.
Supervisors, duty managers and SSA's all get grade 4 currently.

the way to go

HSC
can someone clear up the pay increase percentage change, from what i read here, its gone down, but my SDA person told us it had gone up, and i dont believe him haha

supervisor pay grade depends on the state
NSW: 3
QLD: 3
WA: 4
SA/NT: depending on # of staff
Vic/Tas: not specified

britto89

HSC
The old phone system didn't plug into the PA amp, at least not in my store. It was also delivered through the same computer as the music. I could tell, because if someone was talking on the #6 PA, then if someone started talking on one of the silver mics, it would drown them out. This is what happens with the current system also.

Also, i didn't know about it being sent to head office and back. I thought because that VoIP protocols are always pretty slow.
pretty sure you'll find it did because we used to be able to adjust the volume of the PA in relation to the volume of the music using the dials on the PA amp and i can currently see the old cord where it used to hook into the old phone system.

@iMatthew - What state are you? Because in NSW and QLD supervisors are Grade 3.

bensneddon

HSC
can someone clear up the pay increase percentage change, from what i read here, its gone down, but my SDA person told us it had gone up, and i dont believe him haha

supervisor pay grade depends on the state
NSW: 3
QLD: 3
WA: 4
SA/NT: depending on # of staff
Vic/Tas: not specified
In my store (and all that I know of in WA), Supervisors do not get paid Grade 4 unless they are actually the non-salaried CSTM, as there is a clause about wage control, rostering and staffing.

Supervisors get paid Grade 2 with an in-charge allowance related to how many people they are in-charge of (e.g. 10+ is 11.2%)

So for WA stores, the new agreement is actually a reclassification of service supervisors

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Vic supervisors do get grade 4, same as DM and SSA/SSO (full 20yo adult wage regardless of age), but the new agreement is confusing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)