The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

bensneddon

HSC
I never knew that ;)
There you go! If I remember correctly, if there is an A on the bottom right of the PINPad display, AMEX is offline.

And... I'm guessing that if there is a G on the display, GCM to Blackhawk is offline, although I haven't seen this in any documentation yet... time to re-read the EFT stuff methinks :)

jamesishere

HSC
gah I got rejected by woolworths!!! They sent me a rejection email. I don't understand why!!! I applied for a specific job...service cashier for crying out loud!!! I've got experience working at a fruit shop and I thought my application was pretty good....man life sucks.
Anyway...any tips if I apply for another job/any idea why I didn't evem get a god damn interview?

HSC
gah I got rejected by woolworths!!! They sent me a rejection email. I don't understand why!!! I applied for a specific job...service cashier for crying out loud!!! I've got experience working at a fruit shop and I thought my application was pretty good....man life sucks.
Anyway...any tips if I apply for another job/any idea why I didn't evem get a god damn interview?
I guess you just have to keep trying. Unfortunately at this time of the year they just have so many applicants, some years stores will need heaps of staff and others not so much. For instance, my store has kept all of its easter staff, so we're not hiring massively.

But I do feel for you. My brother got rejected from four separate roles at Woolies. I had about the same level of experience as him, and got a job within three days of applying - so it can be really random.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I swear our store has been forgotten, we still havent gotten GCM stuff except the iTunes cards, called the supermarket helpdesk, and they are like "yeah, yeah, we'll get back to you" and still havent, we also never got our new Toll Bags. Hate how mailbags are only picked up twice a week now as well.

Are all stores phones connected to the PA? i've only ever been able to page other phones, but have never tried this #9 thing before.

as for register shorts

+/- $20 need an investigation form
+/- $50 needs to be reported to the SSS
Regular +/- $20's from the same operator need to be reported to Loss Prevention.

Also, friggin HATE uni exams, have no operators for next week. Craven, ekul, whatashotbyseve, ANYBODY come to my store

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Also, friggin HATE uni exams, have no operators for next week. Craven, ekul, whatashotbyseve, ANYBODY come to my store
Haha sorry mate, im off for exams too, have been for like 2 months now lol...

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Our store don`t have any of these phones. Our Front End consists of:

Service Desk: - Fixed Phone
- Microphone

Checkouts - Bells(About 3 for the entire front end) and lights.

Liquor - Microphone
- Fixed Phone.

I wish we had phones on each checkout, It would be SOO Much easier(especially on Saturdays!)

Craven

HSC
lol, sorry, holidays as of Friday!! :D but I will be in Sydney, lol.

So, if you're wondering what the difference between the plain and spot shirts are checkout the new brochure and fax/mail order forms coming to your lunch room... spot looks much better! I was going to take a picture but I took off and forgot! :p

Craven

HSC
Oh and the stripey shirt is for Service Manager, Service Supervisors, SSM, STM, SM, according to the brochure. But it could be dependent on your store. I don't think they want supervisors at our store to wear them... but I guess if we're wearing them we can do away with vests... despite the fact I don't have one (still 'on order' apparently, lol).

HSC
looks like pyjamas to me.

No one bar our csm wears the vest, so I doubt the rest of us will be wearing the management/supervision shirt.

IMO, a better idea to identify people as supervisors/managers would be to give them a separate name badge - ie

Townie
Customer Service Manager

or

Babikakez
Service Supervisor

etc

Last edited:

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Really? Can staff do random shift at ANY store without needing CSM's permission? I'm casual atm...if that matters

beefnoodle

HSC
I have over 86 job submissions this year, only 1 interview. How about you? Had an interview with manager last week. Called him Monday and told me that the store only need 1 person (nightfill) and they will decide if they need another by the end of the week.
I think you have to be persistent. Do the HR even notice?

Craven

HSC
Really? Can staff do random shift at ANY store without needing CSM's permission? I'm casual atm...if that matters
Sure can, as long as you have available hours. I've worked in other stores when they were desperate for a close supervisor.

Haha, they used to have a CSM badge, but haven't seen that in a long time. Okay, at our store whoever is on service has to wear a vest, but only 1 person at 1 time (if there are 2 people on service the most senior person wears the vest). Except, this doesn't work when none of us have vests, lol.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
So, if you're wondering what the difference between the plain and spot shirts are checkout the new brochure and fax/mail order forms coming to your lunch room... spot looks much better! I was going to take a picture but I took off and forgot! :p
So is there a big difference in spot/plain??
My shirt STILL hasn't been shipped btw, getting pretty annoyed now...

Craven

HSC
Yep, the spot is made up of two different colour spots.. I will take a picture of the brochure tomorrow incase people don't see it at their store :)
and they have new badges too, stainless steel ones (like BigW)

Edit:
well, from afar they will look pretty similar, but when you get up close you can tell the difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)