The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

bensneddon

HSC
Oh, we used to have really old Telstra Commander phones, lol, now we have LG Aria... but we don't have cordless phones and they can't page over the PA.. as far as I know they can't.. :S I wish we had cordless phones... would be so good. Also a second phone in the cash office would be excellent. I saw 4 new computers sitting in the manager's office.. huzzah!
Try #9 on your phones and see if the PABX is connected to the PA :)

I'm pretty sure that stores built after the conception of the Project Phoenix concept have 2 phones in invoice (or maybe just the larger stores that have 2 people in their invoice office?)

Craven

HSC
Hm, will try tomorrow.. lol. We have 3 people in the office on Mondays.... and only 2 computers, it's a bit annoying. Someone will be doing systems, the other payroll and I will be trying to do final cash up... would have been good if they put a second phone in during the refurb, but ah well. OH, and we worked out why our cashvac is a piece of shit and keeps getting blocked.. since they had to put new piping in because of the new registers, etc. there's a section of piping that has to go over another pipe or beam or something and they stupidly decided to do it like this:

____|'''''''''|_____

no wonder capsules keep getting stuck up there... LOL

Tahnford

HSC
Try #9 on your phones and see if the PABX is connected to the PA :)

I'm pretty sure that stores built after the conception of the Project Phoenix concept have 2 phones in invoice (or maybe just the larger stores that have 2 people in their invoice office?)
We've always had 2 phones in our office, that being said though, pretty much anywhere you stand in my store, a phone is a stones throw away. On top of that there are also random push button mics for paging around the place, as well as 5 or 6 cordless phones available.

mlee72

HSC
They use enterprise grade DECT phones with enough base stations to cover the whole trading floor and the back-of-house areas. Most stores I've seen with them installed use the LG Aria systems. There is normally a phone for SM, STM-Fresh, STM-Longlife, SSM and the Longlife Manager. Like most of the new phone systems, you can page to all PA zones by calling #9 on the cordless phones.

There doesn't seem to be much equality to which stores get them. We are the biggest store (by trade) in our area group, and we don't have them. Having only 2 phones on the shop floor (1 at service desk and 1 in Liquor) really sucks!!!
What's the deal with those phones zones like #6 pages zone 1 ,#7 zone 2, #8 zone 3 and #9 all zones. What are these zones?? Only. 6 and 9 work!

HSC
And I am fairly certain Boxing Day (Saturday) will be normal rates. They did the same when a public holiday fell on the Saturday and the alternate holiday was on Monday .. can't remember what day that was though...
Australia Day 2007, I can't remember what this was paid as. I do know that we opened regular hours though.

I'm sorry, but there's a difference between Boxing Day and other public holidays. I aint going to work to be mauled if its going to be for regular rates.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Australia Day 2007, I can't remember what this was paid as. I do know that we opened regular hours though.

I'm sorry, but there's a difference between Boxing Day and other public holidays. I aint going to work to be mauled if its going to be for regular rates.
You're in WA right? but ur in a 'tourist precinct'?? Well i am quite sure for most stores in WA (ie non tourist stores) it is double time and a half this year on Boxing Day. however your store i guess is an exeception so im not sure :S

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Now I've been told that if you work on Boxing Day you do get penalty rates, and if you don't work it then you observe the public holiday on the Monday (which means you'll get penalty rates on the Mondy if you don't work the Saturday) But you can only get penalty rates on one of these two days, not both.

Otacon2009

HSC
On the subject of phones, I would jump for joy the day SCO operators could use mobile phones to directly call into the PA like what they do at Big W. Our store is set up where 14 checkouts seperate the Self Serves from the service desk. The closest microphone is 2 lanes away which may not sound far, but considering that the self serves are meant to be attended because of obvious security flaws, it would help.

DM Mike

HSC
As my old store, the code to pae from the portables was *40 165 so it can vary. At a few store around here its written on the unit that handles the PA system. Otherwise go into the settings of a landline phone with a page button and see what its set to ring to do it...

Although I hated the blasted things, at least if your contacted you know its generally a ok reason, but carying a portable everyone will ring you for every little thing..

Xmas trading is a much bigger fiasco here in SA because we dont have Boxing Day as the public holiday, we have Proclaimation Day on the 28th, so Woolies has declared a Non-Trade day for the 26th..

bdude

HSC
I must admit, I've let a few people go if they're a few cents short and I see them scrounging around in their pocket to put together a few dollars because I know it's not going to be picked up.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
My understanding is that Boxing Day is not a public holiday due to it being on Saturday, and the public holidays (and thus 250% rates) is the Monday. Our store is trying to get out of trading on Boxing Day, we did it last year and our sales were well down on average. However, Saturday is the biggest trading day of the week so I'm not sure if head office will let us?

I have that Saturday off anyway, but I am rostered on for 10 hours on Mondays... going to be a nice earner that day!

bensneddon

HSC
We just push #6 for phone paging? What's this #9 and #7 stuff?
On the LG Aria systems, #9 does an external page to All Zones. If I remember correctly, there are 3 external page zones (#6, #7, #8). Most stores I have seen only have #6 connected to their PA, however in larger stores, presumably they would use all the zones individually.

Would be great to have a separate zone for the front end :)

bensneddon

HSC
Do you need to do "EFT Log on" if you reset the EFT pinpad via the pinpad itself?
Sometimes. I just check if there is a W on the PINPad screen.

The PINPads sometimes also say "Connect to Terminal" Doing an EFT Logon normally fixes this.

someguyudunno

HSC
N/A
What's the deal with those phones zones like #6 pages zone 1 ,#7 zone 2, #8 zone 3 and #9 all zones. What are these zones?? Only. 6 and 9 work!
#6 - External Page Zone 1
#9 - External Page Zones
#5 - Internal Page (I.e what you speak comes out of the loud speaker on the phone)
#0 - External and Internal Zones

With the cordless phones, we have 6 of them and we also have about 12 or 13 handsets. We have a mix of the new Colour Screen DECT and Older Portables. Sometimes the line is set to ring to all teh phones in the store, even the portables.

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
No, the W, as in the logo, should mean that its fine.
Sorry babikakez, didn't explain myself well. I meant the W as in a small text W in the bottom right corner of the PINPad display, which indicates that WOW EFTPOS is offline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)