• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Good day today. So cruisy, got everything done just on time. Felt so awesome, cause it never happens to the other supervisors, but I got an easy weekend I guess.

BSammy

HSC
yeah what the fuck. i was so disorgansisd tonight. but we got everything done. i really don't know how. i blame the girls i had on for being efficient and helpful

somegronk

HSC
Is it possible to be on a 3/4 day salary? I have heard of someone being on a 3 day salary package, but I imagine it is very rare.
I work as an SSA and Duty Manager. The SM told me that the regular mon-fri duty manager will be leaving, and he asked if I was interested in all/some of his shifts. The reason I ask about the salary is because the person I was told about worked 3 days a week and their salary outweighed the hourly rate, and they were still entitled to a bonus. Thoughts? Thanks guys.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Correct. It's cheaper for them to keep you on wages, especially if it's only a few days.
My old weekend duty manager was on a salary and did Fri/Sat/Sun nights.

the way to go

HSC
can i ask how everyone's stores handle loose stock?
our system isnt exactly efficient at the moment and we're looking for an alternative...

britto89

HSC
can i ask how everyone's stores handle loose stock?
our system isnt exactly efficient at the moment and we're looking for an alternative...
loose stock collected from aisles, shop floor, etc makes its way out the back where the damaged/thelf stuff is sorted out, stuff is reduced if it can be and is put in a trolley and taken up the front for frontend to put on the shelf when they are quiet.

stock that is left at the registers is simply added to the trolley frontend already have up there just gets added to whatever frontend already has.

BSammy

HSC
Yeah, similar at our store.

I remember reading somewhere that stock trolleys shouldn't be out near front end or left on the shop floor due to safety reasons.

This may have been during my Retail Cert course, I can't really remember.

the way to go

HSC
Yeah, similar at our store.

I remember reading somewhere that stock trolleys shouldn't be out near front end or left on the shop floor due to safety reasons.

This may have been during my Retail Cert course, I can't really remember.
well then we're REALLY doing it wrong... :S

BSammy

HSC
Don't worry, no one knows about that, and those that do don't seem to care. I haven't seen it written anywhere else but during the Cert III course.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
How is a trolley of our misc stock different to any of the other several hundred customer trolleys that pass through the front end?

Last edited:

rudkip

HSC
N/A
The Move 4 Life training has stopped. What does everyone think about that? Was it really a 90 minute training? People thought it was good?

BSammy

HSC
How is a trolley of our misc stock different to any of the other several hundred customer trolleys that pass through the front end?
I think it's more to do with the fact that it might be there for a long time, and they don't have a real proper designated place to be, so it will almost always be in the way of something.

CLEARWAYS ARE SAFEWAYS!

Shrug, I dunno.

Indoz

HSC
has anyone on here tried to transfer to another store, and if so, how long did it take?

the way to go

HSC
its not, but its just sitting there for the taking by anyone with the guts to do it.

move4life: i dont think it was 90 mins (did mine last year), but also dont recall it being terribly helpful either...

and nope, havnt tried transferring, i love my store too much :)

nanakid12

HSC
^ Ha!

Also, is this lady fo' real realz?
http://www.facebook.com/woolworths/posts/379758102096327

I better check when I work tomorrow...

The Move 4 Life training has stopped. What does everyone think about that? Was it really a 90 minute training? People thought it was good?
Move 4 life? I can't even remember that... was that the DVD with like Module 1, Module 2, etc... there was that chick talking, had all the possible answers, 15 seconds to answer them, and there was an audience in the background?

Or was that the exercises we did back in 2009 and never did since...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)