• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
There was no credit option today because I remember a customer getting annoyed about it.
Probably an area specific thing for a pinpad happening in their area or something? Who knows.

@nanakid I like how Woolworths tells you off via fb for asking questions lol. Seems pretty stupid though :\ You're a stakeholder in the company too so you should be able to

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Yea, probably. I hope they do reintroduce it though. As optomistic as that sounds...

And yea I know right! I was thinking of writing back... "I am a customer too, you know!" oh well.

britto89

HSC
Actually!!!, I used my debit card last night at a SCO and Credit came up as an option...

Didn't see if it worked though cause I'd already hit SAV (its an automatic reflex now...) and I was in a hurry cause the attendant was waiting to take the money out :p

Glitch or backflip?
Backflip hopefully. Its one less thing I will have to listen to customers complain about. Now I can just focus on answering the "where is my fuel docket" question.

nanakid12

HSC
Score, ekul! Hopefully they phase this back into all stores... maybe they're listening to our comments on this forum? (or more likely, the hundreds of thousands of people complaining on their facebook page). Thumbs up to Woolies if this is a backflip!

Now I can just focus on answering the "where is my fuel docket" question.
Why do people ask that? I've never had anyone ask me that...

nanakid12

HSC
Just went to my store... no Credit option :( ah well, hopefully soon.

And really? Maybe some sort of glitch? Or legislation preventing fuel dockets on liquor?? :/

britto89

HSC
And really? Maybe some sort of glitch? Or legislation preventing fuel dockets on liquor?? :/
Not a glitch it was phased out and we had temporary vouchers to issue which explained it being phased out. I don't think legislation changed I think it was todo with the BWS specials. It makes sense though and I was always surprised that liquor and fuel dockets were used in the same sentence so perhaps woolworths has dodged a future bullet or is just one step ahead of the legislation.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The credit option for debit cards seem to work on self serve but I tried again in liquor and it wasn't available. Maybe a self serve thing?
Who's excited about being able to put "BWS" on their resume? haha :p

EDIT: Not sure if you know, but as per the new liquor (bws) agreement, liquor employees will get paid less. ASM said it's for employees recruited after it comes into effect but I'm not sure if it will include existing employees or not.

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
Not sure if you know, but as per the new liquor (bws) agreement, liquor employees will get paid less. ASM said it's for employees recruited after it comes into effect but I'm not sure if it will include existing employees or not.
Which state? WA has the same pay rates in both agreements.

britto89

HSC
The "Woolworths Liquor Agreement" is a joke. Its contains meat employee stuff, tradespersons stuff, etc. Its an obvious copy and past rather than it being written specifically for liquor.

I can't see a pay difference in the agreements. If anything liquor employees should be paid more.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The "Woolworths Liquor Agreement" is a joke. Its contains meat employee stuff, tradespersons stuff, etc. Its an obvious copy and past rather than it being written specifically for liquor.
I too was puzzled why that was in there. The liquor agreement should be basic and cover a more limited range, not all the crap necessary for the supermarket division :s

the way to go

HSC
have many woollies liquor stores converted to BWS yet? mine hasn't, but looking forward to it, I'll get my RSA as soon as we do.

credit on debit?!?! :D I'd say it's to fully implement pay wave more than anything tbh, the time saved is enormous compared to any savings they'd make banning it.

BSammy

HSC
Re credit on debit cards

has it come back? whoa

Last edited:

the way to go

HSC
Whats this about Liquor converting to BWS?
it was supposed to happen as part of the relaunch, they're going to turn all the woollies liquids to BWS because it's a stronger brand and more liked apparently.

I really hope cred on deb is back, can't wait for my next shift to try haha

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Well, idk. We haven't had our pinpads upgraded yet, but credit was an option on my CommBank Mastercard (debit) in self serve but it wasn't available in liquor.
Seems to be all over the place..

nanakid12

HSC
Next time I go to the other Woolies in the city, I'll go through self-serve especially to try it out. Tomorrow hopefully. I'm with NAB. And that's cool (about no liquor), will the BWS still be connected to the store, like access directly from the store, or will it have to be seperate?

We also got our phones upgraded last night, woo. New phone numbers!!! And of course, without the portable, it ended up being busy as, me stuck on express, customers everywhere, this rude lady telling me to open more checkouts when she was already getting served. :evilfire:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The Woolies liquor stores will remain as they are, they will just be rebranded to BWS (e.g. the signage above the entrance/exits etc)

Xantios

HSC
N/A
The Woolies liquor stores will remain as they are, they will just be rebranded to BWS (e.g. the signage above the entrance/exits etc)
We just got new EFTPOS machines with PayPass/PayWave capabilities. Very convenient.

nanakid12

HSC
Ah okay :)

We just got new EFTPOS machines with PayPass/PayWave capabilities. Very convenient.
Lucky.

Also, iMathew, have you managed to get onto babikakez (Jess, whatever her name was) since BoS came back? Re-reading the old posts again and HA! Look like some good times.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)