the passion by mel gibson (1 Viewer)

Lady_Melian

stary nights
HSC
i saw it with my friends two days after it was released. It was the most emotional, moving film ive ever seen, and ive seen alot of movies. I cried through most of it (actually if u ask my friends theyd probably tell u i was bawling but thats beside the point!). I thought it was a fantastic depiction of what we are told happened. After watching it it really makes you think how lucky you are that we dont have to go through what he went through. I think it is just one of those great movies of our time that you should go and see, believer or not, and make a judgement yourself.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
from a christian point of view, i liked it, it was very confronting and intense but i think sometimes its good to have a visual picture of the events, rather than just reading it - it really makes it clear and the reality of what god did, for me because of his amazing love, is really hammered into you through the movie

however, i would have liked the resurection scene to have been longer than the whole 2 minutes... but hey, my personal view

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
well, i saw it last friday. and i liked it. Im a bit of an anti religion type, and for it to have an effect on me must b sayin somethin. tho i dont really think i was crying cos it was Jesus, just cos it was a person, i think id have reacted the same if it was anyone.

I started to cry in the bit after the lashings etc when they drop the cross near him and he just grabs it. and all the tbits with the Mary's and John was it? And that bit, "U'll deny me 3 times" :'( x 1million

I went with my Religion class, so we all walk out and all the girls had been bawling, and all the guys were like..."y u cryin u silly girls?" What gave me the shits was that EVERY SINGLE TIME jesus got his, or someone yelled my mate next to me would jump...and it was REALLY offputting

But overall the best thing bout it was Jesus.....What a Hottie!
lol j/k (it was juz a bonus) ; )

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
i saw it on friday

after i saw it, i guess it made me feel alot less cynical of the christian (more specifically catholic) faith.
However, even though i did wince when i saw some of the more graphic bits in it, i dind't cry at all, which kind of scared me seeing as most of the people who came out of the theatre were all misty eyed.

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
So who here that isn't christian thinks it's good? Because I want to know how much research I have to do on the subject before being able to understand it
Yeah, I'm Muslim and my dad said he's cool with me watching it so I'll probably go during the hols to check it out.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yeah, my friend (lebanese, muslim) saw it with her dad... and in the middle of it, he just burst into tears.

my friend (non christian) said it was a really moving experience....
i'm amazed at how much it's affected some people!

oh yeah, and i think the heart-attacks have risen to three people now o__O

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
i heard Mel Gibson has contracted Jesus to make his second coming just before it is released on DVD

Hottieflossy

i watched it a few weeks ago and i cried my eyes out...it even made my cousin cry which is a rarity cuz she can be quite un-emotional...it was really weird cuz you could hear people crying in the cinema..and there were even little kids watching that movie...

Hottieflossy

maybe mel gibson should have cast someone else as jesus cuz jim caviezel is too good looking and its weird watching jesus in that film and thinking hes a bit of alright

Generator

HSC
N/A
Some man was supposedly beaten thousands of years ago and he is now revered, yet thousands of people are beaten each year and nothing is done... What a world we live in.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
yeah people don't seem to realise that crucifixion was a pretty common form of death penalty in those times..

they seem to think Jesus's suffering was so much worse than anyone elses

felafel

i don't agree . . . jesus suffered and he didn't do anything wrong! criminals are criminals, and jesus? definitely not a criminal!

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
you are saying no innocent person has been wrongly punished or suffered before?

felafel

no, but jesus is definitely one example of somebody innocent who has had to suffer through something as horrible as a crucifixion

Last edited:

Jannio

This is so much fun!
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by felafel
what do you mean lies "to manipulate you..."?
you dont think ur being manipulated?

manipulated into believe something based on interpretation on interpretation

that movie is manipulating ur behaviour ...manipulating u to believe everything that movie says

manipulating you to spend 15 bucks to see it

manipulating u to think that the bible and what is contained in it is unquestionable ...

and sadly nothing is perfect everthing is fallable...once u start believing something is without approach you wont find the truth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)