the passion by mel gibson (1 Viewer)

sexy grl

hey guys
anyone seen any previews on mel gibsons new movie coming out next year the passion .i saw a trailer and its so damn graphical .r
there any fans out there?

Paisley

Banned
It's about the last six hours of Jesus's life... Jewish and Catholic lobby groups are planning to picket the film, apparently...

Having said that, I'm going to watch it anyway...

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
All Studies of Religion classes will flock to it I'm sure.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It's a crap idea, especially as it is all in Latin. But he is funding the project from his own pocket, so eh, why should I care?

mat

What's it about?

the passion is about the last 12 hours of jesus's life its so graphical the blood the extreme pain thats involved.
i saw a preview of it on ''passion-movie.com'' the trailer takes about 1.5hrs on dialup and like less than a minute on cable
ITS GREAT

Generator

HSC
N/A
Well, it would make more sense if it was in English, French, or Spanish, as they seem to be the most widely (not just most) spoken languages on this planet with regards to christian people...

Also it shows how regressive Gibson is. The church will go nowhere if people such as himself never let go of the distant past.

Last edited:

mat

The Passion

we've been hearing lots of stuff about mel gibson's new movie the passion

whats your say on the new controversial movie
is it anti-semistic?
is it an over exaggerated text ?
WATS YOUR SAY?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i heard about it as well! lol, i don't have any comments
i will have to see it first

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I've heard there are many mistakes in the film.. despite it trying to be highly accurate. I think I'll wait for it on DVD. :p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i dont think it is anti semitic...truth be told, if the wiesenthal institute maintains that the movie is anti semitic because it portrays the jews as bloodthirsty, then they have a very week case as it's not far from the truth. Jesus was passed up to Pilate on the recommendation of the Jews in the first place.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Hottieflossy
i'd like to see that movie..but how can it be anti-semitic if Jesus himself was a Jew? and im guessing mel gibson isnt against Jesus, is he now?
apparently he portrayed the Jews very badly. yet supposedly accurately e.g. violent death. when doing a movie of the passion, Jesus is not seen as a Jew as the Jews are shown as the ones who are against him.

Nomes

If it portrays as accurately as is possible (from what we know to be fact) the events that occurred, then I'm all for it.

As for being anti-Semitic, the Jews at that time did kill Jesus in a terribly painful way - so why try and disregard that fact in the name of political correctness?

And Jesus is actually played by James Caviezel, not Mel Gibson.

Kudos to Mel for going out on a limb and creating a film about the last 12 days of Jesus' life.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Nomes
And Jesus is actually played by James Caviezel, not Mel Gibson.
lol yeah i thought mel gibson only directed it, not starred in it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)