The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
damn... should of been a better game, henry's speech at the end had a lot of truth to it as well, ref was retarded. however, go barca!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
The ref wasn't that bad... I think his key decisons were pro Arsenal - only sending Lehman off rather than sending Lehman off and letting the goal stand, and awarding a free kick for eboue's theatrics. Sure, it would have been a better game had it been 11 versus 11, had Henry not been so wasteful and had Lehman not been a dirty player, but it wasn't to be.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Henry missed a shot he would usually put away, shot in straight to the keeper with his right foot. Could of easily been 2 - 2 at full time.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Hail Hail Hero Henrik!!!

What a fucking champ. He should be declared the world greatest player ever or something like that by now. He made sure his last game for Barca meant something... Dont go back to Sweden yet Henrik, come back to Celtic for a year!!!

That ref was fucking useless however. Being Norwegian referees, what would have been the biggest game these guys officiated before this match? Lyn Oslo v Rosenborg? Despite the sending off tho, arse should have won. Henry should have potted two goals in the game, one in the third minute and that other goal to make it 2-0.

Oh, and I love ur av, waf.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Lehmann deserved the red and the goal should have stood. Andy Gray and Martin Tyler were fucking full of it. They were bagging the ref for most of the game until Arsenal scored. Then until the 76th minute they were praising them, until Eto'o scored. Queue more ref and Barca bashing. Fuck off you British cunts!

....and Henry.....speechless. Never have I seen such a sore loser. Henry to Barca in the offseason? I sincerely doubt it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
_dhj_ said:
The ref wasn't that bad... I think his key decisons were pro Arsenal - only sending Lehman off rather than sending Lehman off and letting the goal stand, and awarding a free kick for eboue's theatrics. Sure, it would have been a better game had it been 11 versus 11, had Henry not been so wasteful and had Lehman not been a dirty player, but it wasn't to be.
I've seen quite a lot of debate about the Lehmann situation, and there are 2 choicez.
1. Allow play to go on, award the goal, then a yellow card fo the kunt fo the professional foul. Since it became a goal, Barca were not denied of a clear scorin opportunity, and hence the last man can't be sent off due to the advantage rule, unless the foul waz so reckless itz deemed to be enough fo a red card.
2. Stop play and red card fo denyin the opposition a clear scorin opportunity.

Had Giuly missed then thingz would just get messy, and we shouldn't go there. :)

Komit said:
Andy Gray and Martin Tyler were fucking full of it.
Nah only Andy Gray, Martin just did hiz usual thang.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Andy Gray is always a champion of all non-Liverpool top English teams you'll find. I think it's because he's a Everton cunt. Martin Tyler is a champ, always very objective.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Martin Tyler is the best commentator in the game, always a professional. Of course Andy Gray, an English commentator was going to call things from and English perspective, who do you think he's calling the game for? He's hardly going to favour the

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Martin Tyler is the best commentator in the game, always a professional. Of course Andy Gray, an English commentator was going to call things from and English perspective, who do you think he's calling the game for? He's hardly going to favour the spanish club or he'd be out of a job. If you dont like that commentary, you can always watch it with Dickhead Derek Rae and Tommy Smyth...

And you got it absolutely right LMF. I would have chosen the first option, but its up to the referees discretion to award advantage, and he chose not to. It was definitely not the best decision to make, but it was one straight from the rule book. However, I thought many of his other calls were poor, such as bad tackles and the like.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yes.. sometimes I forget that objectivity isn't something I should bother spending too long looking for in punditry. Nevertheless, some commentors overstep the line between good fun and plain sore-loser-carrying-on. It's fine to be happy for your country or the club you support when they do well and to show your frustration when they're in trouble, but you don't need to undermine the opposition at every turn. It's something Andy Gray is guilty of.

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
gee henry was a bit sour at the end of the match. he's unlikely to switch to barca now after that tanty... it'd be funnier if he does though lol

- L1n -

HSC
Bad luck to Arsenal u gotta feel for em, Henry could of scored 2 goals in that game but he screwed it up, very unusual he normally would of put those away, but anyway i agree with Arsene eto's goal was offside, not the Lehman sent off one the 76 minute one. Either way eto should of got a goal in the match. Lehman wtf was he thinking Bring back Kahn for German number 1.

I hope Henry dosen't leave Arsenal if he leaves next season it's just gonna be Man UTD, Chelsea and Livo.

johnny_87

HSC
If Milan are in trouble and Shevchenko does indeed move to Chel$cum, we could sign Kaka, Diarra and another striker (Ronaldo-Ruud swap?) and beat the rentboys. :D

Wishful thinking I know but damn it'd be great to see the Chel$cum lose the title even with the players they have.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Milan gettin rid of both Sheva and Kaka...? Wow it must be the end of the world should that materialise. Great if they all come to United though.

Had Arsenal won the UCL, Henry would've definitely left the club. But now thingz seemed to change, the oddz are that he just might stick around.

^___^
HSC
we don't need kaka..well, not our number one priorty atm..

i say we just grab gravesen on the cheap..and use him for a yr or two :p
and waste the rest of the kitty on a striker like mido..i'm sure he will do fine for us

Jimmy_B

HSC
the choker signs for four more years at arsenal. bahaha, what a crybaby, he lost them the final not the ref who admittedly was pretty awful.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Too bad HeCtic ain't around no mo. Could've had some fun.

As the freeze frame showed, he was inches offside when Henrik Larsson played the one-two; but at full speed on the run no judge could fairly flag Eto'o. With Almunia exposed he finished admirably. (We should forgive, in the circumstances, Arsene Wenger's remarkable ability to see that offside from 50 yards.)
Loved thiz bit, from a brilliant article here.

And thiz had to be done.

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
No one here has mentioned it yet, but its something ive been reading about lately. If Juventus are found guilty of match fixng, then they should be relegated. And if tht happens, and Milan lose Sheva and Kaka, Italian domestic football will be in disarray.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
No one here has mentioned it yet, but its something ive been reading about lately. If Juventus are found guilty of match fixng, then they should be relegated. And if tht happens, and Milan lose Sheva and Kaka, Italian domestic football will be in disarray.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)