• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
I agree, Richardson does look like a good prospect. He has a very powerful shot on him too. I don't really think that the wingers are our priority at the moment...nor is the defence. Firstly, we need a quality defensive midfield player in the Roy Keane mould. We will also need to invest in another quality striker if Van Nistelrooy leaves.
Yeh Richardson is good young talent, but i was thinking immediate effect aswell, i mean with Vicente he pretty much can take Giggs place right now, Likewise with Joaquin (if u switch Ronaldo to LW). But yeh Richardson should be pretty much Giggs replacement if Man UTD does decide not to spend on a LW, but u gotta look at it from a different perspective they gotta be like Chelsea 2 players at each position who r comparable in skills.

But ur right main priority right now is DMF, Diarra should be a good replacement, but let me say it now, NO ONE WILL REPLACE KEANE THE DUDE WAS A MACHINE FOR US IN THE LAST DECADE+. VN is a issue aswell is there anyone out there who can score so many goals so consistently like he has over the last 4 yrs, who is not a 29yr old like Sheva. I can only think of 2 potentials. Torres or Adriano they got potential, but signing Adriano will be almost impossible, Torres is more realistic. I was a Ibrahimovic fan, but the dude totally sucked this season for Juve, a ageing Delphi did better coming off the bench with less minutes. Tevez hmm could do but not for the amount Corithians wants to sell him for.

We need a attacking AMF as well, Scholes ain't getting any younger. Pablo Aimar FTW.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i'd love to see juve lose their trophies... moggi cried, lmao. sheva isnt going to come to man utd anyway. he's going to go where he wants to be, and I highly doubt it will be for the money, cuz berlusconi can match what ever abromovich throws at him.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
...It should be 1-1 though. The goal should have stood, as well as a red card being awarded. Lehmann definitely took down Eto'o on purpose.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Its a pity for Arsenal that Lehmann got sent off. They were the better side before that incident. The game is pretty evenly poised right now with Arsenal one goal up, but one man down. From what i've seen so far, Barca are far from unbeatable.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Desperate Arsenal kuntz, gay ref fixed that shit, clear advantage and don't pay it and instead sendz the kunt off to justify the decision...? What a load of bull. Propz to Eboue fo a beautiful dive.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Desperate Arsenal kuntz, gay ref fixed that shit, clear advantage and don't pay it and instead sendz the kunt off to justify the decision...? What a load of bull. Propz to Eboue fo a beautiful dive.
I agree. The advantage should have been paid...but Lehmann should also still have got a red card. ...and I'm not saying that because I don't like Arsenal. In fact, I would prefer to see no players get sent off. You just can't catch a guy's boot with your glove and trip him. Definite red card offense. Anyway...2nd half underway. I predict some Ronaldinho magic. He's been a bit withdrawn so far.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Arsenal will need to score again if they're going to win it in 90 mins, because I can't see Barca being kept out for another 45.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Arsenal will need to score again if they're going to win it in 90 mins, because I can't see Barca being kept out for another 45.
Especially with Almunia in goal:rofl: . Credit must go to him for his deflection off the Eto'o shot in the first half though. A certain goal if he didn't get a glove to it.

edit: even with one less player, Arsenal are still able to match it with Barca. Barca don't really even look like scoring. Lets see what happens in the final 15 minutes. I just don't want to see another final decided on penalties *touch wood*.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Eto'o scores for Barcelona. Just over 10 minutes left. Maybe it will go to extra time? After watching the FA Cup final on the weekend though...anything can happen in the little time that is left. Surely Ronaldinho is still to have his impact on the final...

goooaaaalll! Belletti scores for Barca. Great time to score your first goal for your club. 2-1 to Barca.

edit: That's the way it ends. Barca 2-1 Arsenal. Barca are the 2006 UEFA Champions League Champions!

Barca are deserving champions...but as much as I hate Arsenal...they can still be proud of their performance. I wonder what Henry's decision in relation to his future will be?

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well who wantz to dispute that Barca are deserved winnerz, I don't think many would. Arsenal have done well, very very well indeed. Credit must be due to where it deservez, could've even put the match beyond Barca had Henry converted the 1 on 1. But the defensive work have surely taken itz toll on him. Ref waz a kunt, no doubt.

Larsson waz the king, even Henry acknowledged that. He sounded pissed off at the end, well thatz expected I guess, even I waz pissed of at the ref. Shall we see him at Barca next season...?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Did anyone elz feel pissed off at Andy Gray...? He waz so full of it fo Arsenal. First Barca goal ain't offside, and he sayz yup I think hez offside. WTF, throw him in the pitz.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Disappointing that what could have been a wonderful contest was ruined by a stupid decision by Lehmann. Barca deserved to win under the circumstances.

EDIT: I think if Henry was sincere in his snide comments he made after the match he's not that impressed with Barca's playing style anyway, or perhaps that's just wishful thinking :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)