• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_87

HSC
Every good Juve player would be sold, and who knows what will happen with Milan? Fines or points reductions perhaps?

With the news that Henry is staying at Arsenal, I expect that if Ruud leaves. he will go to either:

1) Milan - Chel$cum to sign Shevchenko and Ruud to replace him?
2) Inter - Adriano to Real, Ronaldo to Man U, Ruud to Inter?
3) Madrid - Straight swap with Ronaldo?

I seriously think we could end up signing Diarra, Ronaldo, Kerlon (although he wouldn't come to us for 2-3 years due to work permits) and perhaps another player, with Silvestre definitely leaving, as well as Ruud, and maybe O'Shea and/or Fletcher.

(a little hopeful although not impossible)

johnny_87

HSC
I also forgot, depending on the speed of the judicial process, we could end up receiving around $25m from Chel$cum for John Obi Mikel. Or we could get say $5m and Duff (who won't play much at all next year unless Robben leaves).

Meanwhile, Juve's value has fallen a massive 40% since the allegations were made on May 9.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-5829687,00.html

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
No one here has mentioned it yet, but its something ive been reading about lately. If Juventus are found guilty of match fixng, then they should be relegated. And if tht happens, and Milan lose Sheva and Kaka, Italian domestic football will be in disarray.
It already iz. Presidentz have resigned, not just the Juve board but also the Italian federation. You know somethinz wron when the police and politicianz get invovled. Thiz scandle haz a lot to do wit why Sheva wantz to leave, and it would be a great loss not just to Milan, but Italian football. It lookz mo and mo likely wit Drogba sayin that he wantz to leave England.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hard to imagine Juventus being relegated. It's probably more likely that they'll be docked like 3-9 points for the last couple of seasons and next couple of seasons, which'd just about fuck them over for the title as well.

And LOL at Arsenal, counting their chickens before they'd hatched.

Last edited:

johnny_87

HSC
If the allegations are true, and they aren't relegated, they should suffer the following consequences:

1) This season's and last season's title being stripped
2) Points penalties for the next 5 seasons
3) Massive fines
4) European bans

What they have done needs to be punished very heavily. Any players involved should also receive large fines and bans.

Jimmy_B

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Too bad HeCtic ain't around no mo. Could've had some fun.
yeah, he really went to town with you mancs after that cup final eh? the final this year was the first time i've seen him cry for years. poor bloke. maybe one day he'll get over it? :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
ROFL at that sign! I wonder how authentic it really is .. or whether some guy just got the sign specially made.

Anyyyyway, tonight is the big match!!

Leeds vs Watford in the CCC Playoff Final! Who's going to make it back into the Premier League?

Here we go with Leeds United
We're gonna give the boys a hand
Stand up and sing for Leeds United
They are the greatest in the land
Every day, we're all gonna say
We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!
Everywhere, we're gonna be there
Marchin' on together
We're gonna see you win
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We've been through it all together
And we've had our ups and downs
We're gonna stay with you forever
At least until the world stops going 'round
Every day, we're all gonna say
Everywhere, we're gonna be there
Marchin' on together
We're gonna see you win
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We are so proud
We shout it out loud

GO YOU WHITES!!!!!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Nah the sign must have been up there, I heard the ESPN commentators say that there was a parade planned for Arsenal if they won

Jimmy_B

HSC
the fenerbache website reckons they're signing gay sol? for 12 million euro's as well? it'd be the greatest bit of transfer business the scum have ever done.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
the fenerbache website reckons they're signing gay sol? for 12 million euro's as well? it'd be the greatest bit of transfer business the scum have ever done.
Morientes has been linked with Fener as well...apparently for 15mil! :eek:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Has anyone heard the rumour that Ruud is on his way to Chelsea. I would be gutted if he went there because all Chelsea is missing is a world-class finisher. Ruud is certainly in that category and would make them virtually unstoppable. If he was to leave...i would rather see him go to another country, eg- Italy or Spain. I couldn't bear to see him score against us.
The deal is rumoured to be worth about 15 mill plus they will offer Gudjohnsen in exchange. In my opinion...Man Utd's only weaknesses are the lack of defensive and attacking midfielders. Gudjohnsen is a decent player and can play in both offensive midfield and striking positions. In addition to buying a decent DM like Diarra...this would probably solve our only weaknesses (our lack of quality DM and AM players, that I mentioned previously). In addition to Gudjohnsen, we would still have enough quality strikers even without Ruud.... namely, Rooney, Saha and Smith. I still dont know if it is worth losing such a quality player like Ruud though.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
AcStyle* said:
Morientes has been linked with Fener as well...apparently for 15mil!
I find that really, really hard to believe. He wouldn't go there even if it were true though. I get the feeling he still harbours ambitions for Euro 2008, so he won't want to go to a league that no one will pay attention to. Fantastic bit of business if it came through though.

Arsenal looking to sign Rosicky, which I guess means the end for Pires. Again, shrewd move by Wenger.

For some unknown reason I got thinking about Matt Le Tissier today. Probably because I have 300 words to write in my 2500 word essay due at 5:00 today and can't seem to motivate myself to just finish it and hand it in. Incredible player really, retired a little before this thread got started, so he's never been talked about here.. but he isn't given too much of a mention anymore by anyone except Saints fans. Not exactly having followed football all my life, I didn't know too much about him myself. After seeing this compilation, though, I've become convinced that he is probably the least talked about super-talent (or at least, quickest forgotten) of English football history. An average of almost a goal every 2 games from MIDFIELD in a club like Southampton shows just what an absolute freak he was. All the respect in the world to him for having stuck with Saints for his entire career, but obviously, now that a few years have passed since his retirement, history doesn't reward players for their loyalty, no matter how good they were.

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for that compilation Benny, of perhaps the most exciting ever Englishman in football. The guy has scored some of the msot amazing goals Englan has ever seen, and was the sole reason during the 90's as to why Southampton were not relegated. Watch this, and buy the 10 best goals in the EPL DVD, and has a Le Tissier appreciation moment. Its so totally worth it.

Jimmy_B

HSC
berbatov for 11mill or rosicky for 7mill?

i reckon we've done the better business so far :) rosicky is a twig, he'll be battered in the premiership :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well I hope Fergie can listen to the fanz and allow Ruud to stay. Personally I don't think he'll ever go to Chelsea, he lovez United, just like Henry lovez Arsenal. It would break my heart too to watch him score against us...

I don't know why we went in fo Berbatov, maybe just to add to our ugly strikerz department.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
rosicky signs for arsenal :) ... that means no torres (as rosicky was huge target for athletico) ...
and why would campbell sign for a turkish club? they dont like black people over that way ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)