• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
rosicky signs for arsenal :) ... that means no torres (as rosicky was huge target for athletico) ...
and why would campbell sign for a turkish club? they dont like black people over that way ...
They have Anelka there, maybe a place fo Arsenal rejectz..? In my CM06 Arsenal finished 17th in season 05/06, LoL...

Jimmy_B

HSC
spurs sign carlton cole for 2 mill. decent backup for us. if we keep deofe we'll have berbatov, keane, defoe and cole. looking good :)

also:

Kuyt to Newcastle

he should be going to a bigger club than that? surely?!?!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Kuyt obviously knows nothing about the Premier League. Having said that, he probably is very well suited and will make a good addition to the Liverpool ranks. I'm fairly confident he'll come.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i think his value will sky rocket after germany if he gets decent gametime, nederlands have an awesome attack ...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Crap Gunners did well getting Rosicky, they will have a team built with pace to burn.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
matt#1 said:
Has anyone heard the rumour that Ruud is on his way to Chelsea.
Rumour-mongering. Ruud has publicly shown his love for United for years now, particularly when Madrid were after him a few seasons ago. Yes, he's being linked with many top clubs, because he's a top-class player every team would want, but I doubt he'd be off to Chelsea, simply because of the allegiance he has sworn with the Reds. If Mourinho/Kenyon/Abramovich have any brains, playing the possible duo of Shevchenko and van Nistelrooy wouldn't work (or would they have any need for van Nistelrooy if they're successful with Shevchenko?) - they're too similar, and one needs to be in support whereas one always needs to be upfront.

I wouldn't support any transfer of RVN's to Chelsea, because all they need is a striker: we need every player, and a strong bastard of a midfielder to complete the picture.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
ryan11 said:
I wouldn't support any transfer of RVN's to Chelsea, because all they need is a striker: we need every player, and a strong bastard of a midfielder to complete the picture.
Whilst I agree with your comments about Ruud's loyalty to United...I have to disagree with your comment about us needing every player. Yes, we need a "strong bastard of a midfielder"...other than that I only think that we could possibly do with another offensive midfielder as well.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
- L1n - said:
i would say we need midfielders if Ruud dosen't leave. Ruud at chelsea would be every red devil supporters nightmare.
Your writing make Joyce seem like a picnic

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
ryan11 said:
Rumour-mongering. Ruud has publicly shown his love for United for years now, particularly when Madrid were after him a few seasons ago. Yes, he's being linked with many top clubs, because he's a top-class player every team would want, but I doubt he'd be off to Chelsea, simply because of the allegiance he has sworn with the Reds. If Mourinho/Kenyon/Abramovich have any brains, playing the possible duo of Shevchenko and van Nistelrooy wouldn't work (or would they have any need for van Nistelrooy if they're successful with Shevchenko?) - they're too similar, and one needs to be in support whereas one always needs to be upfront.

sheva can easily play the supporting role if he has to, put it simply he's better than ruud in support and just as good upfront poaching. sheva + inzaghi worked at milan so i dont see why sheva + ruud wouldnt work.... especially with the midfield chelscunts have. but god, i hope they dont go there. sheva wants to leave and goto UK because of family reasons, its going to be tough keeping him from chelsea :[. and ruud well... if he leaves I dont want to see him going to any other epl club... :[

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
matt#1 said:
Whilst I agree with your comments about Ruud's loyalty to United...I have to disagree with your comment about us needing every player. Yes, we need a "strong bastard of a midfielder"...other than that I only think that we could possibly do with another offensive midfielder as well.
I should've clarified: we need every play we have got at United, to put in their bit and form a challenge, not every player from the EPL or La Liga etc.++

Why not identify the central midfielder that we need as a "strong bastard"? Fletcher's gangly, Smudge does extremely well for a striker in a holding role and the O'Shea/Giggs combination isn't exactly permanent stuff. Gattuso and Diarra are the types United need just to hold things together. You also mention offensive midfielder: perhaps Giueseppe Rossi can play in that position, behind Rooney and Saha/RVN.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
greaaat goal. not just because its against greece, but also because of the excellent set play it was: good promise for the world cup.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hmm we're crossing poorly and seem to be having some control issues

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how serious is it (i.e. will he be avail for the holland game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)