So, whats the social life like at UNSW? (1 Viewer)

elfm

HSC
blackfriday said:
commerce guys dont play footy in the quad with their shirts off. they do hang iwth fine ass women. otherwise, they're all too busy bitching about qmb or something trivial. engo are the jocks at uni.
ok lol maybe it was a slight exaggeration :p

but yea I do see a lot of 3rd yr commerce guys n gals in the quad all the time... sitting around in circles playing spin the bottle or something! ;)

i wouldn't call engos the jocks. more like the drunks.

Bendent

HSC
elfm said:
The commerce guys are like the jocks of the uni. They hang out in the quad with their hot chicks and play footy all day with their shirts off.
when they graduate they are gonna be the babes.

HSC
elfm said:
The commerce guys are like the jocks of the uni. They hang out in the quad with their hot chicks and play footy all day with their shirts off.
lol i wouldnt say all of them... youve got the coop students rocking up to lectures with a suit

Mumma

HSC
The overall awesomeness of engineering students will soon triple when I start in February.

gman03

HSC
Mumma said:
The overall awesomeness of engineering students will soon triple when I start in February.
It wouldn't happen unless all of the eng students are gals

so-nee-a

HSC
lol when i received my offer for unsw... i probably had a split second of disappointment in not getting into usyd.. but hey. after all that blood, sweat and tears in making my damn timetable work... im just so not fcuked to change unis anymore.

besides, my friend who's going to usyd said she had a crush on the unsw campus so im all good :p:p

lmao... grr what's so wrong about bloody asians!??

j/kz (white-washed viet)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
MedNez said:
At least at UNSW we can sit on a computer and fiddle with our timetables ourselves ;)
<3 =D

i laugh at my friends from school who have to go to usyd to enrol. haha
while we unsw'ers can just sit back and enrol in the comfort of our air-conditioned homes =D

me and another guy (doin engineering i think) are the only guys going to unsw this year. haha,, 4 others are like going to USYD.

for your info,, im asian =p

Chris.

HSC
i got 90.2% and im doing economics...i knew i shouldve put commerce as 1st preference! i already enrolled for economics.
What are the chances of getting into commerce in the late round? and even if i do get an offer...will i be even abe to drop economics and enroll into commerce or will it be too late or i cant back out of eco?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
pretty sure u can enroll in commerce if u can get it late-round.

people just enroll in main round incase they don't get an offer.. although don't quote me on this. haha better go fishin around for more info. haha

Icestorm

HSC
N/A
I think the core units for econs and comm are the same in the first year anyways, so you can always transfer after one year.

So whats the popular 'asian' oriented societies to join up at UNSW?
*chinese lad coming over from Perth*

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
well if you're coming from a selective school then you won't notice the difference between school and uni i mean school is 80% asian and it sounds like UNSW is probably higher than that :p lol and just for the record i'm curry with about 100 asian friends =D

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
politik said:
That is the worst post in the history of the internet. It is plagued with inaccuracies.
-.-

yes i'm sure my life and personal experiences are full of inaccuracies

HSC
uni is way different, all my study techniques used in high school didn't work. you have too like be very intuitive

for instance, FINS1613 is probably the most under-resourced, under-spoon fed subject i've done. you are given no past papers, the "prac" MC questions you're given are about 10 times easier too the exam, and the tutorial questions are brief and too easy; when it comes to the exam the questions are longer, harder, and a combination of other shit.

so what do you do?? you go through the book, dig out discussion/prac questions that apply to the lecture notes, make sure they don't go to detailed and you work from there, oh and thats if youre fortunate enough to get the answers too the chapters btw. alot easier said then done mind you

in the hsc everybody just bought that Success one book, a revision book that follows a syllabus (that doesnt exist at uni btw), study the crap out of it and go into the exam + some luck and youll score some band 6's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)