• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

So, whats the social life like at UNSW? (1 Viewer)

drmix

HSC
N/A
3 DAYS! LOL w00t.... 2 if u wake up at like 6 and go home at like 8 or skip ur lectures:p wat a life

Ricky09

HSC
drmix said:
3 DAYS! LOL w00t.... 2 if u wake up at like 6 and go home at like 8 or skip ur lectures:p wat a life
That is a good life. Even though it takes me 2 hours each way to get to UNSW.

Ricky09

HSC
drmix said:
where r u from? or plannin to stay
Central Coast. From my house to UNSW it will be between 1 hour 40 minutes to 2 hours. That includes car to station, train to central and bus to uni. But, it should be right, have a few mates going to sydney uni's so trains should be atleast semi fun.

drmix

HSC
N/A
Ricky09 said:
Central Coast. From my house to UNSW it will be between 1 hour 40 minutes to 2 hours. That includes car to station, train to central and bus to uni. But, it should be right, have a few mates going to sydney uni's so trains should be atleast semi fun.
hectic =)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Chris. said:
i noticed that the non asians and the hot chicks (well 2 or 3 only) are all interested in the art faculty. Nothing wrong with any of this ofcourse....
on the otherhand the commerce/eco faculty which i will be in next year seem to have nobody interested at all
Ahh, Hong Kong University- Sydney campus... otherwise known as UNSW.

To generalise, and this applies to all unis, 1st generation Asians (or should that be asian parents), are obviously going to be more risk adverse. Hence they don't enrol in degrees worth little more than a dunny roll (i.e B Arts, B Social Science), but rather Medicine, Commerce, Law, Engineering, et al.

This applies doubly with International Students from HK/China, though with these students their main interest is to finish their Accounting degree and apply for permanent residency.

UNSW folk are quite laid back, but the uni is the most sterile campus I've ever seen. Reminds me of Canberra. But hanging out in Randwick (the Ritz!), Coogee and Maroubra is a lot of fun.

Conspirocy

HSC
I've found the social life pretty good at unsw. I'm in commerce too.

Basically in 1st year I recomend you spread ur schedule out, unless you live ages away. If you know people in your course, thats great ur off to a head start. Otherwise best advice I ever got at uni from the guy from my info day, just go up and speak to anyone - people are in the exact same boat as you.

If your into being actively involved there are heaps of societies you can get involved in if you have a particular interest, most people arent into that. I was but i'm greek so like i had a choice.

Library law will me a major hangout in ur first year...then u kinda get shifted all over the uni...people will tell you that roundhouse is all good and that, which it is ---> but if your a lazy commerce student like most of us, you will not want to bother with the treck down to the bottom of the uni. This is stupid but you might be bothered to treck further to the regent for a cheap steak.

Also people have mentioned randwick, maroubra, and coogee you always have people heading down there. Plus quick trip to bondi junction as well if you have a massive break and can be bothered.

Nah uni's a fresh start and if you make the most of it you will have a great time, meet great people, and have great times with the mates you already have from school.

I didn't pick usyd for most of the reasons you said...but fair go im sure people have a good time there too.

Chris.

HSC
i dont know what my timetable is gona be like for eco...it takes me about 1 and a half hours to get there..and no1 from my school is going to unsw

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i posted this before but go to my.unsw.edu.au/classutil and look up acct1501, econ1101, econ1102 for s1

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Chris. said:
i dont know what my timetable is gona be like for eco...it takes me about 1 and a half hours to get there..and no1 from my school is going to unsw
It took me (still takes me) the same time as you to get to uni. From my experience, tutorials are an excellent way to make friends for the semester (possibly longer) and at the first few lectures at least the people are really nice as everyone is trying to make new friends. No one wants to be a loner all through uni.

HSC
Ricky09 said:
Haha. Yeah through year 12 i always thought i wanted to go to USYD, but after visiting it, i hated it. Good to hear there is some talent in commerce though. Out of curiosty, how many days will first year commerce be?
depends how good you are :p, i managed too squeeze S1 2006 into 2 days but those days went from 9-5 .. S2 2006 was 4 days :)() and S1 2007 2 days again yay

Chris.

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
Hopefully I will get into commerce at UNSW. I'm an Aussie.
you will. and lol u just had to point out that your aussie to stand out of all the asians. i should be doing commerce when i transfer from eco after 6 months

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you're not going to find many metalheads at unsw besides a few sepultura fans from maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)