So how was Your first day in yr 11 09'ers! (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
1st day: Had peer support in the morning with the little year 7's, then maths extension 1, got homework on adv. trigonometry which I've almost completed, then english, we have to write a 500-750 word introduction letter which I've completed due tomorrow, then for biology, we just quickly went through the syllabus and look at the outcomes.

Lol anyone worser than mine?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You guys need your own "How was your school day?" thread ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
What do you actually do as a peer support leader since I am one. I am doing it tomorrow and somewhat confused what to do.

reinettewho??

HSC
N/A
first day was sooooooooooooooo boring
syllabus this HSC that assessment here and there
BORING
get to the learning bit !!!!

ohh and btw being a peer support leader is soo cool i dunno if its the same at your school but what i had to do was look after a bunch of yr 7's doing various tasks and group work activites (that somehow lift their self esteem and assertiveness) on some periods at school.
its really fun xcept after one month when they start turning into teeny boopers thinking there soo cool with there supre bag and converse

LOL
doctor who for life reINETTE

jet

Banned
HSC
Chem, Music :), Double MAths
Fine Day
Chem was sooooo jam packed

HSC
Razizi said:
1st day: Had peer support in the morning with the little year 7's, then maths extension 1, got homework on adv. trigonometry which I've almost completed, then english, we have to write a 500-750 word introduction letter which I've completed due tomorrow, then for biology, we just quickly went through the syllabus and look at the outcomes.

Lol anyone worser than mine?
... woah. O_O

bored of sc

HSC
Good :) Had lectures about stuff, you know the drill, uniform, study, timetables etc and also had lessons, english, maths, religion and music. English and music just went through course info while maths did HSC past paper easy questions (arithmetic and algebra) and religion started the topic, nature of religion. Pretty good so far haha.

dpospination

HSC
Kujah said:
How long are your periods?
at my school, periods are 45 mins each, and we have 7 in a day. but on sports days, we have 5 periods whcih are 34 mins each

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
2 assignments from Legal Studies on the first day.
The teacher gives the assignments to us, then gives us his maniacal grin, and says: "Welcome to Year 11".

sombespice

HSC
The first three days of year 11 were very bludgey. Teachers just explained things and ranted on the importance of sleep and breakfast :uhhuh: I didn't get any assignments or anything.

yvettemaree47

HSC
My very first day back at school was the swimming carnival :mad1:, but yesterday I started my lessons. I was a good day.
I couldn't ask for a better homeroom for the next 2 years... my homeroom is my adv. english class and our homeroom teacher is the english coordinator. And all my teachers seem to be fairly nice. I'm VERY happy with my chem teacher, he has taught senior chem for 5 years, but before that he was working in Industrial Chemistry, so he knows his stuff.

It seems as though it's going to be a good year until my assessments kick in.

benn07

HSC
Mine was pretty bad, i turned up late to all my classes and ended up getting the bad seats. And it was sooooo hot!
First thing i did after i received my timetable was go and change out of biology and into business studies, i still dont know if it was the right choice or not, i got to choose from pdhpe, ancient history and business studies.
weve already started work, ive got tonnes of homework, and we havent even got our school diaries cause the printers have screwed up.

dpospination

HSC
Aerath said:
2 assignments from Legal Studies on the first day.
The teacher gives the assignments to us, then gives us his maniacal grin, and says: "Welcome to Year 11".
are they 'assessments' that will contribute to the preliminary course?

wanted4911

HSC
man yesterday we had our first english lesson! i just hate teachers who try to scare you in year 11! for english we had the HT and she was telling us how difficult this course is and how demanding she is!compared to our EXT1 teacher his telling us thats its a quick course and EXT2 is the way to go! i mean some of it is a bit difficult but i can cope

except i hate it when he puts a difficult question and one guy gets the answer and i can't! lol :)

we had to prove that root 2 is an irrational number.

it was ok but alot of work on thursday and friday.

i just can't be bothered doing work today :) lol i will try doin it sunday

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Started on Tuesday, got diaries, timetables etc., as a new student at the school I had no idea about 99% of stuff, even now I still have no idea about 90% of it. Had Maths, Physics and Legal, intro lessons.

Then on Wednesday we went off on a three day excursion :D Boot-campish activities, university tours, that sort of thing. Pretty good.

Monday I'm going to actually have to find out what roll call group I'm in, then sort out times for Ext1 Maths, and figure out how the sport lessons work. Then I have to figure out what exactly I'll do in my 16 frees per fortnight...

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
wanted4911 said:
we had to prove that root 2 is an irrational number.
How do you do that? The only way I can think of is to press root 2 into your calculator then press the fraction button to show it can't be expressed as a fraction lol.

wanted4911

HSC
ahhliss said:
How do you do that? The only way I can think of is to press root 2 into your calculator then press the fraction button to show it can't be expressed as a fraction lol.
\

lolz yeah its a long story:hammer:

i mean first you have to assume its rational and if it is not than its irrationsal:p lol its a long story... we just have a teacher who get excited about this kinda of stuff.

the hardest we had to prove was root 5 which was a bit tricky

crazy stuff... i have physics english and maths h/w and didn't even start man! this sux lolz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)