Snobberry at university (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
While this thread is pretty silly and douches exist everywhere...you 08ers were just as clueless
thankfully i wasn't one of 'em ;)

EDIT : i've noticed the trend of '08ers not whinging about HSC but whinging/shitting themsleves over uni.
whereas '09ers shit and whinge and moan about hsc but act like they know uni.

hahaha i wonder what 10'ers will display

Last edited:

ascentyx

HSC
I agree with the usyd comment. Obviously i can't stereotype the whole uni but from all the people i talk to they thought they were somehow better than me because i went to macq.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I'd been putting off reading this for a while, but took this opportunity to read it now that there's a partial translation out, it's looking to be great stuff. Great writing, pacing, characters, and of course, plot. It's pretty gripping.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I has a hippie-like person in a very old building. I had greasy long curls and was wearing a torn jean jacket. I was lying in a filthy old art classroom. My blood was spattered everyone like black paint alongside other paint smears. Rotten wood tables, brown glass jars holding decomposing paintbrushes, dustry wood floor.

I was having open heart surgery, somehow holding on to a small amount of groggy self-consciousness and body control. The Doctor, a war veteran from WWII, removed my heart using dirty tools. He hated having to wipe bloody scalpels on a paint smeared face towel.

My heart was taken out. I stopped breathing. My heart beat no longer. But there was no heart to replace mine!

I maintained a tiny bit of self-control. I laboriously clambered off the wooden desk, out of the classroom. Into the old hallways, I tried to peer into the opposite classroom. It had no door- the opening was patched with yellow paper. Someone was behind the door- someone who could help me.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
"Stand corrected" means you were originally mistaken, but the "however" suggested you actually meant the opposite?
Anyways, while you can't technically do that, you can always fake it. Just break up the line (cut short some of the sustained notes) and add some melody in between, and you'll have more or less the same effect. Here's two quick example I've done for Crisscross from CROSS†CHANNEL:
Tindeck Audio: crissflute.mp3
Tindeck Audio: crossflute.mp3
First one is just adds a few straight arpeggios, while the second one has a shuffled feel which makes it sound like another melody line (also the staccato helps it stand out as well)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Ken is the son of a friend or at least a rival, who might have tried to do the right thing, and Houzuki isn't sure whether becoming an emotionless and mechanic ruler is the right thing or not. And if it's really impossible to fight the system.

Houzuki wants to be proven right or wrong by that son. Houzuki accepted the system, but he might as well be fine with someone changing it.

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC
Oh look, another person who can't spell.

The OP is asking a question which might be better answered by asking "are there narrow-minded, arrogant people in the world", and the answer to that is just common sense. There was no need for this thread to begin with.
completely agreed

HSC

EDIT : i've noticed the trend of '08ers not whinging about HSC but whinging/shitting themsleves over uni.

i agree

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

10'ers will moan about the HSC and Uni but we'll act as though we know everything about jobs and employment.

Buv

HSC
If you want to avoid snobs, do not go to any of the following: USYD, UWS, MacQ, UTS, UNSW, ANU, ACU, Canberra, NCSL, CSU, LaTrobe, Monash, RMIT, Notre Dame, Melbourne etc.

yeah man i completely agree. You should just avoid all the good universities in NSW (Y)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Usyd Law and UNSW Law and med.

Spent an entire conference yelling 'New South are C*NTS!', with Monash and hundreds of other med kids since they went up to everyone and said 'where from NSW and better than you'. But, yeah I ended up getting some kids admitting that there program was sh*t and all over the place.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
From your experiences which university has the highest number of snobby people and in which courses do you usually find them in?

Thanks and sorry if a thread similar to this has been done before. I can't be bothered to search through all those threads from the search results that do not have the relevant thread title to this subject.
Don't go to Melb Uni (the one I went to). We could definitely do with one less of your kind. LMAO

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Why does spelling count on BoS? It's an internet forum, who cares?

We all know that most of the people on the net cannot spell for shit!

HSC
Uni Grad
Why does spelling count on BoS? It's an internet forum, who cares?

We all know that most of the people on the net cannot spell for shit!
+a million

We aren't writing a super serious english essay, as long as it makes sense and isn't riddled with errors, who gives a fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)