Site Redesign Competition ($300 Prize!) (1 Viewer)

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
I toiled for just an hour and here are the results ^_^, I should also enter my annoying pdf that I sent you guys xD :

This is what an unregistered user would see:

This is what a registered person would see:

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Nothing different really, just a bit more modern looking. Not really sure what to put on the home page :/

Full size
David, would you be able to change the orange uts, macquarie, brain training games and makebook campus banner into one sliding or moving banner that would exist where the current macquarie banner is?

D94

HSC
N/A
David, would you be able to change the orange uts, macquarie, brain training games and makebook campus banner into one sliding or moving banner that would exist where the current macquarie banner is?
Yeah, that's possible with something like jQuery (ie. say every 2 seconds, it slides over to a new one) or a different banner each refresh with Javascript. A bit hard to show on a static image, but it can be done.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Yeah, that's possible with something like jQuery (ie. say every 2 seconds, it slides over to a new one) or a different banner each refresh with Javascript. A bit hard to show on a static image, but it can be done.
It most likely wouldn't be done either :p

Mayazcherquoi

HSC
@OP: This is coming from an experience web dev and programmer. Don't bother, it isn't worth the hassle. If you choose to, don't change it too much, or give users the option instead of forcing it upon them. All people care about is content, so stack up on that instead.

Boonyak

HSC
BoS, shout box is essential like a live chat, and sample essays for premium section which would lead to people purchasing it.

Boonyak

HSC
Shoutbox is essential for BoS, so people can get support etc. ( Make it a rule were people cant post questions etc that can be posted a section like maths, engnlish etc . only technical support or just fun chatting with others.)
A minimum character length for posts to prevent lame and boring posts
I think if you provide people with access to premium section were they can see sample essays if not sample just a brief description of what is contained in essays ( Page numbers content etc.) will lead to users wanting to purchase the premium feature.
A like button for posts and if not available a notification when quoted
Change the icon/symbol of threads when when read unread, linked etc to something more fancy like the little figure at the top near the bored of studies logo . Sorry i cant design so trying to be descriptive.
Make a feedback and suggestions section.
And a search bar for each section so we don't have to search for one thing through every section

If some of these have already been implemented or said in the thread im sorry cause i cbf reading this whole thread but i think these are very good things that can better than community and get more people joining thanks :).

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The competition is now over. Thanks for your submissions guys! Some really great ideas. We'll announce a winner shortly.

Suggestions are of course still welcome and will all be considered in the design process.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Although this is a great idea, i actually like the design of this website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)