SBS Movie -The Closet (le placard) this Sunday, 8:30pm. (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
lol i see. french can be cut down so much, especially since they speak it so fast it sounds like half of it has been cut down. I say chepas a fair bit. I never actually picked up that was what your nick was. i feel dumb now... i thought of it phoentically (chep-as). now i'm sad.

chepas

HSC
Hehe. Maybe I should have registered with an é... but when I did it didn't let any weird symbols. I orignally wanted to register as I'm Fungry!, from CNNNN, but it wouldn't let me because of weird characters/spaces. Went for chépas, no, so, result is....

I tend to go 'shs-sé-pa'. I spose it renders my nick indecipherable to others. Someone in music forum thought I was going for "cheap-arse". Died laughing :D

chepas

HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
Everytime the presenter didn't like something because it was too abstract/kitsch/retro she'd describe it as "A bit hippy la laa".
Hehe. TV seems to have influences us all.... :scary:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
OMG! I was just going to post that I thought perhaps it was a shortened version of 'cheap arse'.. but then decided I didn't want to offend anyone...
;)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
lol would anyone have a nick like cheap arse? then again, i wouldn't put it past some of these people... like what sort of person makes up a name which is virgin^sexy?? seriously.... i'm not like that at all. I'm all reserved and quiet and a good girl! lol.

chepas

HSC
^ Yeah... and all the political pseudos like George W Bush etc, Saddam Hussein etc... I mean, great empathy task but...

Of course, to be quite and reserved, you have to be an _angel :D *Cue drum zinger-emphasiser, ba-dum chink*

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
hmmm hippy is gone.. yes i am a good girl, no i'm not a nerd, i'm not a party person, not outgoing. i have a very quiet nature, most of the time.

i hate political artworks. they're not original enough... sure you want to criticise politics or something, but find some other way to do it.

chepas

HSC
Yeah, same here I find! I hear the tales of the people who do like the party kind of stuff... not really for me.

For art, I spose there's got to be something that the artist wants to convey, whether that be for some emotion, or for some sort of political purpose (so often thought of as propaganda though :().. so.. Though in music it happens as well, lots of nationalist things particularly in C19th Europe, but I spose it's not as in your face as a politcal artwork would be.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yeah people tell me about parties and everyone getting drunk and making out with everyone else and passing out and i'm just like, you think that is fun??? I hate alcohol and i hate what it does to people. i stay away from it, though it's getting hard to avoid with everyone's 18ths.

i don't like political artwork cos it's too black and white. and it's often the same. Art is supposed to have depth, there should be different ways you can interpret things and it's supposed to express emotion. almost everyone hates politics... there's no real emotion to that..

chepas

HSC
Parties: Oui exactement ça!

Pol art: Yeah... ah k. Personal epiphany had today :D

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
parties aren't my style. I'm just happy going out with friends to the movies or shopping or them coming over and watching vids on our giant tv (and i meant giant.. it's like 156cm. biggest screen you can get that isn't a projector) or just doing nothing. nothing is fun. just sit and talk or go swimming or play games or whatever. relaxed.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
HA. I'm back. Whether or not that's a good thing is yet to be decided.

tomorrows_angel said:
i hate political artworks. they're not original enough... sure you want to criticise politics or something, but find some other way to do it.
I find that political art is alright as long as it's not in-your-face <insert political message here>. That's when I think it loses it's appeal. Art can be a good vehicle to convey a message but for me, I prefer the interpretive-abstraction stuff. I remember seeing some artworks in the NSW Gallery which were ABSOLUTELY hideous. All the guy had done was slap a few bible verses across his canvasses in black and white. It lacked all aesthetic appeal and his message was just too obtrusive.

Partayyyyyys. I like the relaxed slob at someone's house type- late afternoon, BBQ, few drinks, laid back. Not really into the whole let's-get-pissed-and-stoned-off-our-faces-this-weekend thang. Though, many of my friends are. In fact they did it the weekend before the trials and did not feel too good come Monday's english exam....

But, anything with a disco ball and party lights I'm there. ;)

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
course its a good thing you're back. people to talk to!
i've had my say on political art. i don't like it. end of story.
my group of friends are mainly nerdy bookish types, so they're like me in not going to parties and stuff. And the other ones... well they tell me about their experiences, but they know i'm not into that so it's all good.

chepas

HSC
Parties: That BBQ party is a good ideal. We did that for New Years last year, no one got hurt or anything, good bbq, lots of friends, good fun just hanging out. Something nice and harmless.

It's always good losing face when the party -
let's-get-pissed-and-stoned-off-our-faces-this-weekend
-party kindn of people ask me "What do you drink?" - cos I'm not a big drinker so have no strong opinions so I don't say well, anything... yay for not being in the 'cooler' crowd :D. Not that it bothers me in anway.

What I really would want to do but no-one else really cares, is just sort of go with a bunch of friends to a pub that has good music on, just do that sort of relaxed scene - but no one cares much for that, those of us who are 18 anyway... A good jazz club or something.

Tis always a good thing, to be back, Hip :p

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
chepas said:
Parties: That BBQ party is a good ideal. We did that for New Years last year, no one got hurt or anything, good bbq, lots of friends, good fun just hanging out. Something nice and harmless.

It's always good losing face when the party - -party kindn of people ask me "What do you drink?" - cos I'm not a big drinker so have no strong opinions so I don't say well, anything... yay for not being in the 'cooler' crowd :D. Not that it bothers me in anway.

What I really would want to do but no-one else really cares, is just sort of go with a bunch of friends to a pub that has good music on, just do that sort of relaxed scene - but no one cares much for that, those of us who are 18 anyway... A good jazz club or something.

Tis always a good thing, to be back, Hip :p
wow you were in a good mood chepas! well at least it seems that way. Yeah relaxed parties are the way to go. So your friends are all into drinking and heavy partying? you have no friends who will go out with you and be yourselves, have fun and do what you want to do instead of just what they want to do? i think you need to go out and meet more people.. more people who are more like you. Your friends should understand you and do what you like as much as they do what they like. my opinion anyway.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
wow you were in a good mood chepas! well at least it seems that way.
When was he in a bad mood?

tomorrows_angel said:
you have no friends who will go out with you and be yourselves, have fun and do what you want to do instead of just what they want to do? i think you need to go out and meet more people..
'Tis a bit presumptuous don't ya think?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
pourquoi j'ai vu cet (thread) seulement aujourd'hui??

i wish i had seen it earlier, i want to see some good movies

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
When was he in a bad mood?
i never said he was in a bad mood... but it seemed like he was in an ESPECIALLY good mood.

Hippy La-Laa said:
'Tis a bit presumptuous don't ya think?
no, not being presumptuous. just saying. The way he said it seemed sort of lonely. meh ignore me. Meeting new people is fun anyway!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
Gonna have to wait until after the Olympics coverage is over...
so they'll be back, yes, it will be great, do they play all good movies? usually the ones they play during the week can be dodgy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)