SBS Movie -The Closet (le placard) this Sunday, 8:30pm. (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Argh cursèd Pay TV! Always have the good stuff :D

My old French teacher saw "Le papillon" at the French Film Festival and loved it. Am yet to see it.

Also, the Alliance Française (CF the thread) is getting in a lot of the French Film Festival movies from this year on DVD in its library, so if we're interested we can go down and rent them for a small fee (or for a large fee become a member and rent them for free...).

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
hehe i'll stick with foxtel. we only just got it a few months ago, we have foxtel digital with a little satelite on our roof, but there's usually 1 french movie on a day on world movies. There's another one on tonight called va savoir - it's supposed to be a romance and was nominated for the plme d'or. Just a bit worried about the fact that the synopsis also mentions animal attraction... :s

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
Just a bit worried about the fact that the synopsis also mentions animal attraction... :s
Kiiiiinky :p

Yeah, we also get cable, but just the dodgy economy package which doesn't include any movie channels. Just a heap of crap like 14 news channels, what seems like a billion sport channels..... Nothing interesting.

I've developed a bit of a taste for french films, so I'd like to see more.

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
lol. that movie is on right now. I'm taping it, i'll watch it after trials and four unit are over. It can't be that bad... actually i'm pretty sure it's innocent, since it's rated pg.. but then again.. these are the french. If they have control of the ratings... ooh there's an r rated movie on this week. apparently it was one of the most contraversial french films... i can't remember what it's about. hehe did anyone read about that french movie on the sbs a few weeks/months ago about some desperate single guy who gets fired and falls in love with an inflatable doll? man.. the french are really crazy...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
but then again.. these are the french...man.. the french are really crazy...
Yeah well the film this thread was started for was all about a guy who worked in a condom factory.... :rolleyes: Twas highly amusing :D

But that's what I like about french movies. They're *so* abstract/unusual and completely removed from American films. It's quite refreshing.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
ok that is random... i think we were sposed to go to the cinema in the city and see that movie but we never got around to organising it... maybe that's a good thing cos i don't think my teacher would have approved of that...

so you're triple posting now? that was just to get your post rate up to 100 wasn't it? lol..
bored is going really slowly tonight... maybe that's cos i'm on the computer with dial up net and i'm not used to it... oh well...
did anyone see huit femmes?? that was a really zany movie... though i guessed what was happening a long time before they were singing about it...

chepas

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
1) so you're triple posting now? that was just to get your post rate up to 100 wasn't it? lol..
1) LOL

CONGRATULATIONS ON 100 POSTS, HIPPY!

I shall do the same now :D Let's just not get discovered.

chepas

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
2)bored is going really slowly tonight... maybe that's cos i'm on the computer with dial up net and i'm not used to it... oh well...

3)did anyone see huit femmes?? that was a really zany movie... though i guessed what was happening a long time before they were singing about it...
2) Yeah. It usually goes reealy slow for me, and I am running broadband on a dinosaur. But it usually takes forever to load the first page then it gets better the more I roam around.

3) No. Another film on my ever growing French Films to See list. It's getting annoying cos I have so many of them on them :(

How about L'auberge espagnole? Was that any good?

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
*sees triple posts* OMG......:eek: How embarrassing!

tomorrows_angel said:
so you're triple posting now? that was just to get your post rate up to 100 wasn't it? lol..
It's my silly internet connection (even thought it's broadband) which refuses to refresh, consequently resulting in triple posts...... but having 100 posts is rather satisfying :D

tomorrows_angel said:
bored is going really slowly tonight... maybe that's cos i'm on the computer with dial up net and i'm not used to it... oh well...
Yeah. Methinks that too.

tomorrows_angel said:
did anyone see huit femmes?? that was a really zany movie... though i guessed what was happening a long time before they were singing about it...
Yup. I didn't think it was all that good. The singing/dancing musical thing didn't really seem appropriate. + It was rather boring.... and from what I can remember it had a really stupid ending.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
*sees triple posts* OMG......:eek: How embarrassing!
hehe... well the mods deleted the other two posts so you're now at 99 posts instead... funny though

Hippy La-Laa said:
Yup. I didn't think it was all that good. The singing/dancing musical thing didn't really seem appropriate. + It was rather boring.... and from what I can remember it had a really stupid ending.
Yeah i didn't like it at all. it was so strange... singing was extremeley inappropriate... i figured out that she was pregnant in the first 10 mins of the film... The only thing that i thought was good about it was the fact that the french was really easy to understand. The whole musical idea was just whacked. and i didn't like the characters especially the littlergirl with short hair. She pissed me off so much. Actually the whole movie pissed me off... lol

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
hehe... well the mods deleted the other two posts so you're now at 99 posts instead... funny though
Nah. I deleted them. But now with this post which about who deleted posts I shall reach my glorious 100 posts again :p

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i've got a fair few more to do before i get there... i used to post in non-school before i realised those posts don't count towards anything. I felt so stupid. Ah well... how do those people get thousands of posts up? Actually how did you get up to 700 Chepas? Oh damn i'm spamming... oh well.
Who's mod on here? Kini-mini? hmmm...
Ok i'll add something so it isn't spam... ummm... this is the movie thread... what's l'auberge espagnol? does that mean spanish inn? hehe when i saw it i thought it said aubergine... spanish aubergine. now that is random...

chepas

HSC
Oui de l'aubergine espagnole, ce que je mange tous les jours... :D

L'auberge espagnole is another one of those films everyone in the francophone realm is supposed to have seen, therefore there's this stigma attached to it...

MAUDITS J.O.!!!! Il n'y a pas de films de dimanche soir parce qu'ils diffusent toujours des évènements sportifs, quoi... Au moins que les J.O. ne durent que 2 semaines... on a toujours Roy et H.G., donc ça me rend heureux.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Yeah I know.... olympics is already so boring... Only two more days left and then trials are over! YAY!!! but then i have 4 unit and french. hmph. No fair. Plus i'm going to get 30% in the last two exams, cos that's what i got in the half yearly's and i had studied so much. Actually i'll probably get less than that cos i haven't studied this time... man i'm doomed...

chepas

HSC
I was really sorta "Ah screw the olympics" but now I'm into it. I'm concentrating less on school now too cos of them, :grr: Roy and HG are always good :D

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Nah i don't feel like i have to watch them... unlike the crappy soapies and series i usually watch which just become so addictive. I've watched the swimming, but i prefer talking on here or on msn... ooh it's raining! yay! i like rain... we need rain! ummm i'm doomed.. 3 unit maths and chem are so beyond me... they're like another language which i can't understand a bit of. Like me and chinese. I wouldn't have a clue what's going on... that's sad...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Roy and HG are good. They make The Olympics tolerable. I've noticed "Fatso" in you av recently. ;)

My father insists on making us watch the bloody cycling events so that we can 'appreciate the countryside'..... :rolleyes:
I've spent 5 hours 'appreciating the countryside' and it aint very stimulating. Cycling has to be one of the most boring events.

I do enjoy the swimming, like most poeple, but I also like watching synchronised diving and gymnastics.... there's something mesmerising about it that fascinates me.

chepas

HSC
Still got exams, tomorrow_? Good luck, in any case!

LOL @ watching the cycling for appreaciating the countryside. WHAT countryside? It's all urban chucked with a couple of shots of the Parthenon every couple of hour/s. I'm reminded of the old adage "I just read it for the articles...". :D

I like watching the Graeco-Roman wrestling :rolleyes:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
My father insists on making us watch the bloody cycling events so that we can 'appreciate the countryside'..... :rolleyes:
I've spent 5 hours 'appreciating the countryside' and it aint very stimulating. Cycling has to be one of the most boring events.
haha that's classic... yeah cycling is very boring. So is golf.Can you imagine if they had golf in the olympics and the telecasts for that at the detriment of other sports. To me, golf is like watching the grass grow. Actually, in the process of watching golf, i am watching the grass grow. Hmmm...

Chepas, yeah i still have exams. 3 unit maths and chem to go... both of which i'm going to fail REALLY BADLY... then 4 unit. I can't wait till french is over and there's a break. I want to go shopping. I haven't been shopping in soooo long. lol. I just want to have fun again instead of stressing over school. Actually i can't wait till chem is over cos i get to play with my new mp3 player, which i'm getting tomorrow. YAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)