SBS Movie -The Closet (le placard) this Sunday, 8:30pm. (2 Viewers)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
iambored said:
so they'll be back, yes, it will be great, do they play all good movies? usually the ones they play during the week can be dodgy
no, they def do not play all good movies... but some of them are decent. If you have foxtel, world movies plays at least one french movie a day.

Has anyone seen CHildren of the Marshlands? that's on this week. We saw that in class at school.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
no, they def do not play all good movies... but some of them are decent. If you have foxtel, world movies plays at least one french movie a day.

Has anyone seen CHildren of the Marshlands? that's on this week. We saw that in class at school.
oh well, i'll keep waiting then, or hope i find the good movies when they are on

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
foxtel is good that way. there's lots of french movies i can watch. (admittedly, half of them are r rated... but you know what the french are like!) however, we only recently got foxtel, so with trials and everything i've only actually had the chance to watch one movie so far, but it was worth it! i loved that movie.

chepas

HSC
^^^^^^^^^^ #95 Good, true idea - but time is non existant now lol. Very soon, when the uni life comes and the world becomes bigger... didn't seem presumptuous to me though, hehe.

^^^^^ #100 They usually have a good/popular movie for their new "Sunday Showcase" movie thing on Sundays at 8.30, so I think it's just a case of 'Watch This Space', mais of course with the Olympics it's stopped. They've already shown 2 French films which really surprised me, seeing they only started it about a month and a bit ago (Le placard and Taxi, both very good.)

^^^ #102 Children of the Marshlands? WHat's it like? And is it just on Foxtel lol :D You're French class soudns like the place to be, all the movies watched and all!

^^^^^^ # 99 New people: I tend to be apprehensive in these sorta situations, which I hate (my apprehension, not the situations!). I've been like that since I was a kid, so I think this is one of the things i shall spend hours in therapy in in my 30s... :rolleyes:

^ #104 What kind of movies do they show on Foxtel, in the way of Franco ones?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
chepas said:
'Watch This Space', mais of course with the Olympics it's stopped.
hehe you're thinking in french...

chepas said:
^^^ #102 Children of the Marshlands? WHat's it like? And is it just on Foxtel lol :D You're French class soudns like the place to be, all the movies watched and all!
It's ok... the other people liked it more than me, i found it a little boring. We don't watch that many movies, though over the years since year 9 there have been a few...

chepas said:
^^^^^^ # 99 New people: I tend to be apprehensive in these sorta situations, which I hate (my apprehension, not the situations!). I've been like that since I was a kid, so I think this is one of the things i shall spend hours in therapy in in my 30s... :rolleyes:

^ #104 What kind of movies do they show on Foxtel, in the way of Franco ones?
yeah i know... i don't really like starting to talk to new people... i seem to run out of things to say. But as long as you're with someone it's ok!

and a lot of the movies they show have won awards, or been nominated for them, like the palme d'or or cannes and stuff.. there tends to be a lot of romantic movies though.

chepas

HSC
Yeah... romance is everything... mmm...

I always will remember this movie on SBS "Brève traversée" that seems to be dug out every time there's a gap in their programming, cos it was just so sinfully boring, but one of the times it was on I couldn't stop watching it cos it just seemed so sordid. This English woman in her early/mid 30s I think and this teenage guy meet on the boat that crosses between Calais and Dover, and have this deep and meaningful thingo, resulting in them consummating their 6 hour old relationship, then (spoiler. I'll type in white so just scroll over) when they land in Dover, the woman meets what one assumes is her husband and family, with a kid or two!!!! So this teenager is shattered, and so the movie left me with this big open-ended plot. Not a fan of unresolved endings, ce qui n'existe pas dans les films de Hollywood. Vive le film hollywoodien!. I just thought it was really thin, but it keeps being put on every two or three months! Strange. That and "Le prince du pacific", which still is on a tape, unwatched :rolleyes:. I swear I've got a few 4h tapes with French films in long play piling up to watch but never can be bothered to put them in and watch... hehe...

Now I'm rambling. Vaut mieux arrêter. [/arrêter]

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
chepas said:
I swear I've got a few 4h tapes with French films in long play piling up to watch but never can be bothered to put them in and watch...
The thing with french films (or any foreign film for that matter) I've found, is that you have to be able to be sitting down, concentrating on watching the film- reading the subtitles and such.

I tend to watch a lot of movies whilst doing other things like cooking or writing (not that the latter happens a lot).. But with french films you have to be consciously taking in the film.......

I rarely have the time or the concentration to sit through many foreign films. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)