Repeat the HSC: Yay or 'Nay' (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, True.
But if I did the full two years, I would change my Subs.
Something like:
Eng X2
Jap Cont.
Jap Ext
Modern
Hist Ext
Economics
Or something, how would these score you think if I averaged 80-85%
Mid 90's. But you'd have to make sure you don't burn out doing this. If it happened once, there's no reason why it couldn't happen again.

Mr_Sunlight

HSC
N/A
Yeah I agree; although I probably won't burn out... I hope, but that is my needed ATAR. So I dunno, just sourcing out my options.
Mid 90's. But you'd have to make sure you don't burn out doing this. If it happened once, there's no reason why it couldn't happen again.

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh, well if it means 2 years of school...
Have you looked into other ways you can get into the program you want, and are those requirements more or less achievable than redoing HSC?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Wouldn't Tafe, work experience or Transfering get you in your course alot quicker and be safer?

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
No don't do it!! Everyone I know who has done pathways or someway extended their time doing HSC regretted it! You are better off doing Newstep or a similar bridging course for at uni (where you do uni classes and get a new atar estimate). You will be bored doing HSC again and unmotivated and probably won't do much better. Plus at uni you have more time for work etc and can sample courses related to what you want to do (or even get credits for courses for when you actually get in).

Either that or smash the externals (you still have time, do the hard work now don't extend it over the course of another full year) and get into a lower course and swap in. It's very easy and if you're smart you can do one that will be related to your desired course and get some of the work out of the way.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I don't believe in 'burning out'. I think it's an excuse.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
yeah you can always transfer to the thing you wanna do after first year cant you?
Yep, easily. I know lot's of people who have done this with no problem. Just choose easy/interesting subjects and aim to do well. It's easier to do well in uni than it is in Highschool. A lot of people try because most of the time all you need to do is pass and they don't feel it's as important as HSC where there is so much pressure to get a band 6. If you're smart and look carefully at the subjects from degree to degree you can get lots of credits and cut out some of the work later. I think this is OP's quickest option to get into his desired course.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
I won't get a good enough ATAR though D;
You don't know if you don't try! Give it your best shot and you might suprise yourself. I know I did! What course are you trying to get into by the way?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Way to get 70's or possible 80.

-Study HARD HARD HARD.. DON'T GIVE UP DUDE.. despite your poor ranks and marks you can still improve!!!!.. get your ass of bos and the internet.

-ensure you ace the hsc lol..

Get into arts or something and transfer 1 year... CBF redoing the hsc.. why bother

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
To play devil's advocate - if you can't even last a year doing the HSC, what makes you think you can suddenly step up and handle the workload of Law or Medicine?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
UWS gives 10 bonus points just for applying :D so just go there if you get like an atar of around 60. boost up to 70, and you should be able to get into some course.

yours

HSC
hi! If I were you I would do as many languages as I could. They are fun and the more you do the easier they get (although continuers courses are more fun than extension courses as the literature can take your focus off the actual language learning.) Do whatever your school offers and then Open Highschool - there's beginners levels for like 10 different languages.

I don't know why more people don't use this opportunity. If I could do it all over again all my subjects would be languages. People PAY to learn them later in life when you can do them now FOR FREE. If not for any other reason, it makes economical sense. Also, the small class numbers make it practically like you're getting private tutoring lessons. People who just throw away this chance are crazy in my opinion, unless they really hate languages or they absolutely love their other subjects (maths, science, history, economics, whatever). In my experience all those other classes tend to have huge numbers and are never really as fun or personal (I did maths and science then quit because they were so boring).

This is just what I find to be the case. Don't be intimidated just do it for fun! =)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
UWS gives 10 bonus points just for applying :D so just go there if you get like an atar of around 60. boost up to 70, and you should be able to get into some course.
lol true thus... YOU only need 80.5-81 for law with band 5/6 in economics or business studies..

sounds pretty good!!

Good luck dude, just don't give up!! Never give up..

I was going to give up my hsc.. before trials.. but studying hard got me very good results..

remain optimistic!!

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yay!!!!!!

Nah but seriously this. Atm you should just think of moving on. How sure are you that you wanna do MBBS/Law?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)