Regretting or Hating any subjects? (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
Schoey93: You'll probably see a bunch of Year 11 Abbotsleigh Geography students at Penrith Lakes on Monday (i think).

electricgreen: Bio does get much better in year 12, just persevere through this year and then you will learn all the interesting stuff (genetics, health..etc)!
Where is Abbotsleigh? It sounds familiar but obviously the place wasn't memorable enough to stay with me. I agree with you. The HSC Biology course trumps the preliminary course.

Schoey93

HSC
Changing my study pattern? That doesn't change the bore level of ancient nor biology.
Yes it does. Changing your study pattern means discontinuing one course and taking another in it's place.

E.g.
Biology -> Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
Ancient History -> Legal Studies

CecilyMare

HSC
How is that changing one's study pattern? That's called changing subjects.

I gotta get myself into 3u math before dropping biology. And then i'll drop ancient in yr 12, since the school makes us take 12+ units during the prelim stage, and because ancient is more bearable than bio.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Where is Abbotsleigh? It sounds familiar but obviously the place wasn't memorable enough to stay with me. I agree with you. The HSC Biology course trumps the preliminary course.
It's in Wahroonga.

Yes it does. Changing your study pattern means discontinuing one course and taking another in it's place.

E.g.
Biology -> Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
Ancient History -> Legal Studies
That's called changing subjects. Changing a study pattern is changing from homework at night to homework in the morning.

I gotta get myself into 3u math before dropping biology. And then i'll drop ancient in yr 12, since the school makes us take 12+ units during the prelim stage, and because ancient is more bearable than bio.
Well technically you can drop Bio till half yearly if you get into 3U Maths. And it's a BoS requirement to do minimum 12 in Terms 1, 2, 3 of Year 11.

Schoey93

HSC

A pattern of study, according to the Board, is a set of certain subjects.

E.g.
Students must study a prescribed pattern of study to be awarded an HSC.
(A quote similar to this probably appears in the booklet Studying for the Higher School Certificate and this matter was brought up on Tuesday at my school's Year 11 Assessment Information Evening.)

CecilyMare

HSC
A pattern of study, according to the Board, is a set of certain subjects.

E.g.
Students must study a prescribed pattern of study to be awarded an HSC.
(A quote similar to this probably appears in the booklet Studying for the Higher School Certificate and this matter was brought up on Tuesday at my school's Year 11 Assessment Information Evening.)
You talk too formally.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Bio is amazingly boring. Apparently it gets better next year though.
I hope...
Lol Bio is fluctuating for me ATM...2 lessons will be interesting, then 1 will be boring, then the next 2 will be interesting and so on lol...But yea Its a pretty awesome subject so far...we got a field trip as well :D and we haven't had much HW either...the content seems really easy...give it more time...upto relationships of different species atm :p

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Wahroonga -- upper north shore.

CecilyMare

HSC
I guess Biology would be a little more interesting if I had a different teacher, like the teacher I have for chem. Our bio teacher doesn't interact with anyone, she just lectures the class irreverently.

ilikebeeef

HSC
but then again spartans come up next year as an optional. i'll most likely end up dropping it by yr 12, and right now ancient is more like bio than my actual initial idea of ancient. how the sphinx is deteriorating, IT'S SO BORING!
How can Ancient be like Bio?

How the Sphinx is deteriorating? I thought you learn about Ancient societies. :\

CecilyMare

HSC
Yeah how stuff is eroding away etc, and how they uncovered it blah blah

Doesn't that sound like bio to you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)