Regretting or Hating any subjects? (1 Viewer)

fh1993

HSC
i regret choosing chemistry, dropping it for engineering studies:spin:

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Regretting and disliking Studies of Religion. The coursework seems interesting enough, it's just the teacher and the class I can't really stand.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
legal studies, although i'm 1st place... which isn't saying much anyway with the level of competition im up against

ilikebeeef

HSC
In terms of courses-

I regret:
  1. choosing Eco in Year 11, should have chosen Accounting instead.
  2. choosing English Extension in Year 11.
Right now, I'm not liking:
  • Bio, although I do not regret choosing it in the first place

In terms of classes at school, I don't like all of them except English Adv and Bio, surprising yes I know (but then, it's prolly because I learn ahead for the other subjects in my own time, hence school = boring).

So on the first week back, im already dreading Biology & Economics.
Yeah same here, except I dropped Eco after Year 11. And I'm in Year 12.

I don't know whether to hate Biology yet. The first prac we had included making up our own functions for all those different parts of the microscope, and I was so lost I just ended up walking around asking everyone for what they put for this part etc.

I also realised that I'm not particularly interested in most of the ancient history syllabus. the only thing i really ever looked forward to was the homosexuality amongst the spartans.
Lol, that made you choose Ancient? And dw, I was lost in Year 11 bio too. But I still did well for some reason. Maybe cos it was so easy.

lol at all the year 11s enjoying their subjects, i give you 2 months before you turn suicidal
Lol.

English!!! I have never liked English, but am actually quite good at it (so i am told, i think they're lying).

I am doing Extension for some ridiculous reason. First lesson of Ext. and the teacher asked us all to tell him why we want to do Ext. that's a very good question.
I am dreading the amount of time i think it will take.
That doesn't sound too good, because EX1 does take up a lot of time.

Maths Ext. 1 looks hard, but i enjoy maths so it should be good, but i expect i will have to pay more attention and do more practice, i'm used to... well to put it simply; just going off my natural talent. I'm not sure about the teacher, he's apparently quite good but seems a little hard to learn from and often refuses to try and explain it in any other way, he also seems rude to people who don't get it or write down something wrong. The maths teacher we had for the last 3 years was great, quirky, but great, he often treated us all like idiots, which annoyed me then, but it wasn't too bad in retrospect.
Maths requires more hard work than natural talent in the HSC.

I hear a lot of complaints about Biology from friends and you guys, my Chem and Physics teacher says it gets much, much better in year 12, (well I'm almost positive it was Bio he was talking about, i cant quite remember).
Yes, the Year 12 Bio course is more interesting than Year 11.

I hate economics.

The subject is dull. The teacher is dull.
Agreed.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Wow... Ruse? ;)

For me, I'm *so* dropping Physics, but I'll have to wait until next year (term 3 but w/e) since the only class I can trade into is Buisness and I dun wunna do that, silly timetable -.-
No, I got an offer for Ruse but rejected it because I want to meet non-Asian people in my life too LOL.

That, and many other reasons.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Wow... Ruse? ;)

For me, I'm *so* dropping Physics, but I'll have to wait until next year (term 3 but w/e) since the only class I can trade into is Buisness and I dun wunna do that, silly timetable -.-
Incidentally, sorry for the double post, but I'll just like to say HSC Physics>HSC Business Studies imo, but it's ultimately your decision.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't really start hating subjects til it was too late to change.

Biggest mistakes were Business Studies and Indonesian... and Extension Maths.

Name_Taken

HSC
Incidentally, sorry for the double post, but I'll just like to say HSC Physics>HSC Business Studies imo, but it's ultimately your decision.
Haha yeah I agree, I'm staying with physics :)

And loool @ Ruse, I've heard the stupidly competitive culture gets to people >.>

CecilyMare

HSC
Biology sucks SO much. We're learning all these functions of random parts of a cell eg chloroplast, golgi body etc and it's so boring, i don't know how anyone can even read their hell long descriptions they have for each part.

Schoey93

HSC
Bio is amazingly boring. Apparently it gets better next year though.
I hope...
How 'good' it gets depends on your personal interests. In the HSC year, the core study in Biology involves homoeostasis, genetics, health and disease. You have the option of studying either communication, biotechnology, genetics (extension), evolution or introductory biochemistry.

I like Biology. My class is studying 'A Local Ecosystem'. On Monday we go to Penrith Lakes Environment Education Centre to complete a field study of a local aquatic ecosystem!

Last edited:

CecilyMare

HSC
Lol, that made you choose Ancient? And dw, I was lost in Year 11 bio too. But I still did well for some reason. Maybe cos it was so easy.
That doesn't sound too good, because EX1 does take up a lot of time.
but then again spartans come up next year as an optional. i'll most likely end up dropping it by yr 12, and right now ancient is more like bio than my actual initial idea of ancient. how the sphinx is deteriorating, IT'S SO BORING!

Schoey93

HSC
but then again spartans come up next year as an optional. i'll most likely end up dropping it by yr 12, and right now ancient is more like bio than my actual initial idea of ancient. how the sphinx is deteriorating, IT'S SO BORING!
I don't study Ancient History. I decided to live in the present! Yay! Have you considered changing your study pattern?

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
How 'good' it gets depends on your personal interests. In the HSC year, the core study in Biology involves homoeostasis, genetics, health and disease. You have the option of studying either communication, biotechnology, genetics (extension), evolution or introductory biochemistry.

I like Biology. My class is studying 'A Local Ecosystem'. On Monday we go to Penrith Lakes Environment Education Centre to complete a field study of a local aquatic ecosystem!
Bio is amazingly boring. Apparently it gets better next year though.
I hope...
Schoey93: You'll probably see a bunch of Year 11 Abbotsleigh Geography students at Penrith Lakes on Monday (i think).

electricgreen: Bio does get much better in year 12, just persevere through this year and then you will learn all the interesting stuff (genetics, health..etc)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)