Recording yourself (1 Viewer)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Has anyone tried recording themselves, reading out information for subjects on dictathingymajigs and listened to it while sleeping.

Im sure some of you sciencey people, may have heard your brain is very active during sleeping and therefore may absorb some of the information.

If so, has it worked?

interesting

HSC
N/A
doesn't your brain rest while its sleeping? i never tried it but it just seems weird.

HSC
Uni Grad
Did it for SC but I tried harder in year 10 than year 12 tbh.

green_girl15

HSC
I tried it and i couldn't sleep. But i found it really helpful to listen to it when your awake ie, on the bus, walking to the train station, eating lunch etc. Maybe try recording paragraphs and listen to it on repeat because it's harder with long essays. You never know till you try. :)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
doesn't your brain rest while its sleeping? i never tried it but it just seems weird.
Yeah it does seem wierd, but if it helps; i'd be all for it. Personally, i have never done it. And yeah, i heard from these documentaries that your brain picks up upon external stimulus' and can sometimes use these and process them. So if it were true, it would record your study notes, more efficiently than sitting down during the day, and revising.

enoilgam

HSC
I know someone who tried it and they reakon it didnt really work.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I tried it and i couldn't sleep. But i found it really helpful to listen to it when your awake ie, on the bus, walking to the train station, eating lunch etc. Maybe try recording paragraphs and listen to it on repeat because it's harder with long essays. You never know till you try. :)
Yeah, if i do it, it will be on my subjects like History. Hopefully, they live up to their reputation of being boring and sending you to sleep aye.

artosis

HSC
LOL
imagine if u were on a bus and a friend asked you what u were listening to. Awkward.

Gigacube

HSC
I have never listened to it while sleeping. Wouldn't it keep you awake?

Recording yourself works best if you're an Auditory learner.

yours

HSC
I've 'heard' that this doesn't actually work. I read it somewhere but I can't remember. It was like in the 'common myths regarding memorisation' part of a presentation I think. Maybe it was from Prue Salt??

It sounds bogus to me. Especially since most people probably got the idea off the Simpsons.

jamesfirst

HSC
LOL
imagine if u were on a bus and a friend asked you what u were listening to. Awkward.
I've always imagined if some creep was listening to some orgasm sound clips, and his/her friend says "Can I hear what you're listening to?"

AWKWARD :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)