• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Questions about driving. (1 Viewer)

User5555555

HSC
I think AD was referring to checking your blindspot, not as in looking left and right such as when you are turning at a T intersection.

As you leave a multi-lane roundabout in the inner lane, you must perform a blindspot check. If just beyond the exit merges into a single lane, and the inner lane has to give way to the outer lane, then you must also perform a second blindspot check.

See Page 8: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/guide_driving_test.pdf

I was not talking about that. The lanes are separate from the start so you don't need to head check to the left at the start.

This is on the money. I have to drive through a roundabout like this everyday for uni and you have to buffer to merge lanes. Whenever you turn the steering in this situation and you have to buffer, a head check is vital to avoid a crash.
In that case, if it is a multi-laned roundabout, you need to check your left blindspot before entering. If the exit is a single lane (normal roundabout), you have to perform a second blindspot check. Personally, I've only ever encountered them once during my first driving lesson. Never seen or been to that place again after I did my Ps test.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

D94

HSC
N/A
SHIT!

So that's where I lost marks!!

I never indicated if I just went straight.
On single lane roundabouts, you can get away with it most of the time (unless it's like a large single lane roundabout), but you must indicate on multi lane roundabouts (the great majority of times, it is practical to do so).

Even when driving outside of the test, indicating left when exiting a multi lane roundabout is more than just the law; it is a courtesy to other drivers, to keep traffic flowing and generally avoid confusion.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
On single lane roundabouts, you can get away with it most of the time (unless it's like a large single lane roundabout), but you must indicate on multi lane roundabouts (the great majority of times, it is practical to do so).

Even when driving outside of the test, indicating left when exiting a multi lane roundabout is more than just the law; it is a courtesy to other drivers, to keep traffic flowing and generally avoid confusion.
This is true.

Though I never indicated out left on single land roundabouts until about now where I started to do so.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed. It's annoying when you're waiting for a gap in a busy roundabout because people don't indicate to let you know they're exiting before your entry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)