private ( catholic ) vs. PUBLIC (1 Viewer)

sneaker

Originally posted by glycerine
care to back up that statement without mentioning the taxi driver incident?
Didn't you hear him this morning defending himself after the tell-all from his ex-wife?

overwhelming

Private schools get the best teachers. Have you ever been to a public school??

omg, the teachers are thicker than a doormat and lazier than a hibernating bear.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i went 2 a public skool , prolly one of the worst in sydney ....but i ended up getting a uai of 95.85!~ woohooo
i think it all depends on YOU!!

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by overwhelming
Private schools get the best teachers. Have you ever been to a public school??

omg, the teachers are thicker than a doormat and lazier than a hibernating bear.
Thats Bs
I use to go to A private school , everyone thought they were rich cunts ,acted all hard , and didnt do their work
did the teachers care ?? no thats why i left the school
i was paying 5 k a year for nothin just wasting my time to go to a private school. getting respect by going to an expensive school

its all bs i goto a public school and people think im dumb cause i may not goto to one of those 1337 schools
pfft **ck em im smarter then em
jsut cause u goto a private school dosent meen u get a better education , its how much effort you put in

after all you could goto a 1 million dollar per term school and bludge all year and the teachers wouldnt be able to do the work for you cause its you who puts in the work

bah im illiterate atm im off to sleep

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea im with you, the main problem with private schools is everyone thinks they're rich, and act hard because of that.

I've been to both schools, and yea people in private think they're smarter and often that's not the case. The teachers are exactly the same, just that more sorta... hopeless, distracting students go to public schools.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
not necessarily, the students are selective, not the teachers

Lainee

HSC
In selective schools, there are teachers that suck and teachers that rock like any other school. If there's any difference, it in that with a much more dedicated and intelligent class they may be motivated to put in extra work just because. :) I often have extra-culricula activities after school, and I see some teachers researching/photocopying up until 5pm when the school has to lock up. The same for before school as well. And when I get material to study off in class, I realise how much time they must have spent putting it together or pulling it from somewhere for the class.

That said, there are also lazy teachers who give out the same handouts year after year, let the class do the work and walk out to go God-knows-where.

It's the same story as any other school I would presume, but perhaps it's the ratio of bad:good teachers that differs.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Lainee

That said, there are also lazy teachers who give out the same handouts year after year
Ummm all teachers do that, its called a program.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
academically, i don't think there's that much of a difference. It just depends on those who are willing to put in the effort. I go to a public school and there have been a number of students who received a uai of over 99 in the past few years...
however, at my school, the facilities are pretty poor, but that's basically due to lack of government-funding. The district I live in comprises of mainly low to middle income families so the school can't raise fees etc..
And yes, there is graffiti in the toilets, on the desks, on the chairs and basically anything that can be written on but most teachers are nice and encourage students to do their best.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Did everyone miss my comment about being sheltered? And protected?

What's with all this 'nice public schools in the city' shit? What are you scared of when at a public school? Do you really think that the toilet paper will rape you just because its 1ply not 2ply?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
i went to a catholic primary school and learnt basically nothing i reckon... my sis goes to a public primary school and she has so many sporting opportunities (unlike my primary school), 90 ppl in her class compared to 19 in my class in primary school, and i reckon she learns heaps more than i used to in primary school.
but for a high school, it should either be selective or private, not public (well unless it was one of those nice public schools in the city). and i go to a catholic high school.
ummm how can she learn better with 90 people in her class? doesnt that just mean they get less 1 on 1 attention?
i personally think that in the catholic/private schools there is a more positive learning environment (unless its a selective school)
like at public schools alot of my friends arent showing up alot of the time, jigging etc so they dont have the motivation to do well, but at our schools there are always teachers available for help and they try to help you get motivated

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Ummm all teachers do that, its called a program.
:eek: Heheh, bad example from me. When I was writing that post I had in mind my maths teacher who has not updated his handouts since he wrote them 10 years ago.

<<lauren>>

i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but what is the fear associated with public schools?? many people seem to be mentioning things along the lines of 'i dont think i could handle a public school' as if its a trial or torture to be endured??

maybe it's just because i like in a country area *feeling people looking down their noses now...country nsw AND public school* but the public schools in my area achieve significantly higher results than the private and catholic schools. the private schools, while they have the facilities, do not seem to cater to above-average students very well either. however, the public schools in the area produce many excellent results, though obviously these results do not show on school rankings as when the results are averaged, they do not appear very prestigious, as the results start at the students who are attending only to receive their centrelink payments. however, for $50 a year, some of us do get our moneys worth.

also, just a question for...basically everyone else here, are the discriminations between areas in sydney really that bad?? are there genuine snobby and 'rebellion against authority' type attitudes, or is this just how it is presented?

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well, i personally think all these "O, there is no respect in public schools, it's simply too rough for me" types are spoilt, rich snobs who need to live in the real world.

i went to a public school that wasn't in the best area for 4 years of primary school. i spent significant amounts from ages 4-12 of time in a high school most of you wouldn't last two minutes in with your current attitude. the only difference between that school and mine (a selective one) is that we don't have 'average' or below average kids. granted, we're also better behaved but that doesn't mean most people couldn't go to a normal public school and deal. it's just this idea that most public schools are filled with rough people running wild, and that's not the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)