private ( catholic ) vs. PUBLIC (1 Viewer)

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
whos changed from a private to a government school -or vice versa ??
ACADEMICALLY IM DOING BETTER , MUCH BETTER in a public school im topping my subz and blahblah .. teachers are nicer aint biased like those in my old skool, the workload isnt as much ( but thats not necessarily a good thing esp now that im yr 12 ) and fkkkkkk .. the school fees .. DAMN .. 2? 300 dollars a YEAR as opposed to a whoopin 1000 a term .. fkkk .. HMM ..

how bout you guys?

Lainee

HSC
I went from a private catholic primary school to a public high school. To be honest, I can't remember much about primary school. I know that it was much stricter in terms of classroom behaviour and religious development (obviously) but not as academically rigirous. It had alot of emphasis on building a well-rounded person, I think.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hatty
i swtiched from public primary school to private high school
and i do feel alot smarter
you feel smarter coz u go to a private skool?

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i think public is basiclly just as good as private. I think if ur going to private u should go the full way u know, dont just go to a private skool that cost 50,000 a year if ur gonna go pick one that cost 100,000's ( that was my prob i could find one that expensive) but u know if ur just going to go to a 50,000 one a year my motto is go public, closer, just as good, u can top it and lotsa friends

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
ummm what school costs hundreds of thousands? Kings is the most expensive in NSW this year as far as I know, and thats around $30 000????

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i know aye! i couldnt find one that cost enough for me to go to! coz i would feel scabby going to a budget private skool 4 some reson i dunno just would

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
How is $30 000 budget? You obviously don't work cos saying that is budget is seriously dellusional. If ya parents earn $100 000 a year thats 30% of their income on one year of school.....? I don't know anywhere in the WORLD that would be into the hundreds of thousands for one year, that would be absolutely ridiculous...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
but like whats the point of going to a 30,000 one a year? coz half the kids there probably do have parents only earning 100,000 a year and just sending them there for the sake of it u know, thats prob all they have thye probably dont get lotsa holidays n expensive things. so if u can find one that cost 100,000's or maybe dont take it that far just say like 100,000 how seriously cool would it be

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
um, no. people from those schools have the works.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i dont think they would coz then why do they go to a 30,000 a year skool? if they have lotsa money. coz even if there parents only ernt 40,000 a yr and were desparate they could send em there. no private skool kids i know go overseas every year and fly 1st class and live it up n stuff. they may go overseas every year but we r talking economy

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Um are you joking? I don't know whether to take this as a joke or serious. If its serious, then darling, you need to wake up to yourself.

No one sends their kid to a school making the decision purely on the basis of its price for a start. $30 000 IS NOT budget, its the best of the best. People who send their kids there are generally incredibly well off, or are making HUGE sacrifices to give their kids that type of education.

And whats this about kids who 'live it up'? What are you going on about....are you saying you'd like to pay $100 000 to go to a school with kids who fly first class overseas? Thats ALL you want out of your school? I seriously don't get it......?

Im just wondering if you realise the average Australian income is ~ $40 000 a year.....and you've practically just called people earning $100 000 a year POOR?? Im soooo confused?!

Im tellin ya now, NOWHERE in the world has a school that charges hundreds of thousands per year. I think you'll find that approx $50 000 is the most a private school anywhere asks, and that would be in England at a school like where Courtenay is at the moment.....

Deluded?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm i went to a catholic school for primary and now a catholic private school... i love it
public school people annoy me.. on my bus there are people from public schools and they never stand up for people... i just think thats rude- i shouldnt be generalising but usually they are with groups of people and it must be 'uncool' to show some compassion for people who actually pay to get the bus home..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
um, if i'm catching a bus after school, i'm paying. in fact, half the time the bastards charge me full fare. i'm under no obligation to stand just because someone slightly older paid, also.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
i'm under no obligation to stand just because someone slightly older paid, also.

No obligation, but it is common courtesy. I went to a government school but its run like a private school and we aren't allowed to sit on public transport in our uniform. I think it should be the same for all schools.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i like the was how catholic schools teach thoroughly in high school. their primary schools i've seen is a bit slow but if my kid didnt get into selective, then i'm sending them to catholic : (for discipline too :D:p)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
No obligation, but it is common courtesy. I went to a government school but its run like a private school and we aren't allowed to sit on public transport in our uniform. I think it should be the same for all schools.

no, really, why? if i catch a bus/train in the afternoon to get to an appointment or go out somewhere (i live within walking distance of my school), why should i have to stand up? granted, if it's an old/injured/pregnant/etc person, then whatever, of course i'll stand up. but for say, a 21 year old student - they can go screw themselves, i paid just as much as they did for this trip, and i happened to get there first.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't think I could have gone catholic or a religious private school, it'd shit me up the wall having religion thrust upon me all day, I find itd get in the way of proper study.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i went to a catholic school until year two. it was horrible and i hated it. i did much better at a government school. now i'm at a selective school. it's cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)