Parramatta or Cambelltown? (1 Viewer)

Chrissiieee

HSC
Hai guise, quick question:
Would you guys say the Parra or Cambelltown campus is better?
In terms of facilities, uni life, aesthetics and any other criteria you can think of.

danke, danke.

Chrissiieee

HSC
Going to the Cambelltown campus would cut off around 30-45 mins public transport time one-way.
Although i think Parramatta is closer by car.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I've seen both campuses, but I've only ever studied at Parra at night. On face value, Campbelltown is prettier and has a nice bar. Parramatta is BUSY but it has Subway. Depending on your course, more units and subjects will be offered at one campus versus the other, or have better timetabling.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Honestly if you want to go to Parramatta simply because you can drive there, don't. The parking is terrible, and if it's quick to get a train to Campbelltown, do that instead.

dude01

HSC
Honestly if you want to go to Parramatta simply because you can drive there, don't. The parking is terrible, and if it's quick to get a train to Campbelltown, do that instead.
The parking at parra is bad, but still wayyy better than public transport imo..

If you get there before 9am (even 15 mins before) you should get a park any day. The worse time for parking is between 9am-1pm. After 1pm I always get parking as well...

If worse comes to worse you get sent to the north campus, which isn't that bad really, there's a free bus which leaves every 15 mins that goes back to the main campus.

To the OP: What area are you travelling from?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

If you get there before 9am (even 15 mins before) you should get a park any day. The worse time for parking is between 9am-1pm. After 1pm I always get parking as well...

If worse comes to worse you get sent to the north campus, which isn't that bad really, there's a free bus which leaves every 15 mins that goes back to the main campus.

But if travelling to Campbelltown by public transport isn't too time consuming, it's cheaper (and probably easier) to go Campbelltown.

badquinton304

HSC

Public transport to campbelltown is awesome because you are moving opposite rush hour. It almost never delays.

Chrissiieee

HSC
thanks for the replies guys
driving to parra sucks esp. in peak hour, and even worse is that they've closed off one student parking block and made it exclusivly staff only.

kara42

HSC
Haha I dunno, I was just being biased because I live near there.

Chrissiieee

HSC
if i go toctown campus
i propose an emo drive by day?
- eggs etc etc for the lulz?

allyoop

HSC
Uni Grad
I go to Ctown. It's pretty sick. Right now I'm sitting in the library typing this.
We have bar nights every once in awhile. A chess club, sport comps, wii comps, you name it.

Not to mention the table tennis out on the patio on days that don't rain.

Oh yes and there is never an issue with parking. And you can study by the lake if you like peace.

HSC
N/A
if i could choose and both of were equal distance, i would go to campbelltown

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)