omg, failed car exam 6 times on auto (1 Viewer)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
CieL said:
lol for this dude, i'm jus afraid he'll be too scared to quish to tomato and end up coming to a complete standstill 4m past the line
yeah well, considering the piece of advice came from a professional driver, highway patrol cop, and the best police driver in the state, i'd say its pretty valuble stuff.

and if he cant stop smoootly before the line, then he isn't looking far enough ahead. same fort the thing where you dont know whether to put your foot down or brake suddenly when a light goes orange. If you were looking ahead, you'd see the set of lights and prepare to slow down way earlier

HSC
Riviet said:
I've heard that auto is quite hard, it takes much longer to learn, especially with the various gears and learing how and when to use them.
i dont get how its hard to learn gas, brake, gas, brake, gas, brake....,gas, brake......................................... :rolleyes:

santaslayer

HSC
I find it funny how you can still call yourself VanCarBus, since you STILL can't be behind the wheel of any of the the above veichles. :p

55psi

HSC
yeh one of my schoolmate has failed atleast 6 times, and he could still be going. Failing for various reasons, like... DRIVING TOO SLOW! muahaha aw well poor guy.

In your case, i think u should invest in getting a parachute for ur car, and all u have to do is push a button, and get an monkey to roll it back up for u once uve stopped. One question, are u asian?
You either get really good asian drivers, or really shit ones.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Shifting down in an auto doesn't ruin your transmission, thats what its there for!

Its really good for preserving your breaks too.
Uhmmmm no shifting the gears manually in an automatic really fucks your tranmission. My mate owns a mercedes and he thought he was cool using his auto like a manual and not long after he blew up his gear box because of it.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The only time you should shift down an auto (or at least turn overdrive off) is to ascend or descend hills.

Jiga

Uhmmmm no shifting the gears manually in an automatic really fucks your tranmission. My mate owns a mercedes and he thought he was cool using his auto like a manual and not long after he blew up his gear box because of it.
But was speeds was he doing it at? I remember reading the manual and it specificially says you shouldnt do it over certain speeds, maybe thats why his gearbox stugged up?

The only time you should shift down an auto (or at least turn overdrive off) is to ascend or descend hills.
Yeah thats what the manual says, but how does shifting down on a flat surface stuff your car yet on a inflined or declined surface not!? Obviously your not meant to, but why thats the case remains a mystery to me.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
"Yeah thats what the manual says, but how does shifting down on a flat surface stuff your car yet on a inflined or declined surface not!? Obviously your not meant to, but why thats the case remains a mystery to me."

Heh. Because down-shifts on inclines is not what you would call 'performance shifting'. Whereas I think the Mercedes fella was attempting just that. If you do it at lower RPMs, down shifting is not a problem. The problem is when you down shift from 3500-4000 and upwards. Then you run the risk of damaging the transmission permanently. Like you said, speed comes into the factor, and generally when you downshift when going up an incline you probably aren't doing more than 50 (before down shifting).

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
omg guess what guys>

i failed for the 7th time yesterday because I backed into a tree when i was reverse parking. at least i managed finally to break smoothly getting to traffic lights...that makes me feel better

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
VanCarBus said:
I backed into a tree when i was reverse parking.
How the hell do you do that?

Otherwise, congratulations on braking smoothly. Better luck next time.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
HSC
VanCarBus said:
omg guess what guys>

i failed for the 7th time yesterday because I backed into a tree when i was reverse parking. at least i managed finally to break smoothly getting to traffic lights...that makes me feel better
Is this a joke?.....seriously. Man your fucking retarded.

HSC
VanCarBus said:
omg guess what guys>

You're only wasting your money.

Either be sensible when you're driving, and get an instructor to teach you, or you can't expect to be given your license, because you are a dangerous driver.

A test isn't just an "obstacle" that you have to get through to be able to drive, it is a genuine test to see that you are ready to be on the road. Clearly you aren't.......

7 time?

Kabeio

k.
HSC
VanCarBus said:
omg guess what guys>

omfg and i thought my friend failing two times was bad

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
VanCarBus said:
what the fuck?

How can not see a fucking tree?

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
DaddyK said:
Is this a joke?.....seriously. Man your fucking retarded.
Maybe he's serious... but what kind of response is expecting here on BoS? "Congrats you can't drive for crap"?.

Seriously if you are only just learning basic pedal control in an automatic (keeping in mind that pedal control is pretty much the only way to control speed in an automatic without resorting to advanced steering techniques or handbrake).... then you really need more practice. Try challenging yourself by driving in areas unfamiliar to you with a lot of hills/valleys.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
seremify007 said:
Try challenging yourself by driving in areas unfamiliar to you with a lot of hills/valleys.
agreed. Somewhere like

Akuna bay

Lotsa corners and ups and downs through national park, on a tiny road.
(I went through at night once...thats was :eek:)

Royal National Park

Really awesome drive, nice corners.

Definetly goin back there in the manual when i get better.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
HSC
seremify007 said:
Maybe he's serious... but what kind of response is expecting here on BoS? "Congrats you can't drive for crap"?.

Seriously if you are only just learning basic pedal control in an automatic (keeping in mind that pedal control is pretty much the only way to control speed in an automatic without resorting to advanced steering techniques or handbrake).... then you really need more practice. Try challenging yourself by driving in areas unfamiliar to you with a lot of hills/valleys.
Your suggesting he take on unfamiliar roads with hills and such when he can't even prevent reversing into tree's? yeh, good advice.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry mate the pics aren't loading :(

Anyhow as for pedal control... I remember I had a lot of fun trying to maintain certain speeds using purely the accelerator (no brake) on hills/valleys.. of course you'll have to brake sometimes, but try to minimise it so you learn to adjust your ankle/foot ever so slightly. I admit I'm not pro at it yet, but I'm practising!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)