• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Oh the stresses of a year 11 student (1 Viewer)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Guys, I am seriously going through some pain right now.
Not only have I left my notes for the last minute, I never realised how much work there was!
I am doing, Maths and Math Ext, English Adv, Bio, Chem, CAFS and SOR2.
Please provide some ways to make notes for each one, and prepare for each one!
I am on the verge of breakdown, drunk like 6 coffees today, and the parents are absolutely no help, saying that i constantly dissapoint them anyway.

So, any help?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Not only have I left my notes for the last minute, I never realised how much work there was!
I am on the verge of breakdown, drunk like 6 coffees today, and the parents are absolutely no help, saying that i constantly dissapoint them anyway.

So, any help?
Ignore. Go study. Do your best. The future rests in your hand young warlock.

LonelyWolf

HSC

So, any help?
pppffftt lol

tambam

HSC
Wow, you're only in year 11.
The best advice from a year 12 student is, there is absolutely no reason to be stressing.
If you put things in perspective, year 11 actually counts for nothing in the scheme of things.

But i guess you want to feel prepared, so just look at the syllabus from each course, and go through your text book/class notes and write some sentences/paragraphs/dot points (depends what way helps you take in information)
This will work for sciences, and i think religion and whatever cafs is, if they're all content related courses.

For english, just have your essays prepared and memorised.
And maths, just go through all your class notes, and do a few questions for each topic.

But don't be stressed out! Its only year 11! For example, for physics yearly, i didn't listen in class all year, and read my textbook the night before and i was fine, and even if i hadn't done well, it wouldn't have counted for anything anyway.
Good luck :)

enoilgam

HSC
Yeh, there is no point in stressing about year 11 because it doesnt count for anything. However, in saying that, you still need to be putting in hard work in order to prepare yourself for year 12.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
If you seriously aren't trolling....TAFE
Year 12 will be the end of you.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Year 11 should be for trying methods of study.

Just do textbook work and you should be fine.

Blaake

HSC
Get other peoples notes and read them, then just put in a decent effort during the exams. Learn a lesson. Keep living.

Gigacube

HSC
If your exams are within 2 weeks then have a look at other peoples notes which you can find in the resources section. Do some past papers too so you gain an understanding of how to answer each question. You don't want to be writing notes & find that the test is the next day. Don't just look at one persons notes either.

Don't drink any more coffee. It will keep you awake at night & then you'll feel shitty tomorrow morning. Just do the best you can & learn from your mistakes.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Year 11 doesn't count for anything. However, what it is for; is making mistakes, so that you will realise and buck up come year 12. In saying that, if you were to do not as well in year 12, again don't stress, it isn't going to change the world. There are other ways, besides ATAR assuming you want one.

Also your teachers especially for Prelim, should or will give you some guidance as to what you should be studying for the exam, and therefore with this you can construct quick notes around these. So chin up mate, you'll be fine.

Haemolymph

Banned
HSC
Take a deep breath and go into a room somewhere alone. Put headphones in an listen to music to drown out your parents' idiocy and then get the books for the subject with the closest exam, get the syllabus and write notes for every dotpoint.
I also suggest doing the subject you are least confident in over the ones you are good at.

anne1010

HSC
I got like below 50% in my year 11 bio yearlys cuz i cbf, but on my first assessment in year 12, I got 92%. And since then, I keep killing bio.

seriously, you shouldn't even waste a single brain cell stressing for year 11.
this.
go out. dont pick up a book and screw school. then when year 12 comes around, buckle down and do your work.
enjoy these last weeks months before hsc starts.

kcqn93

HSC
Just take it easy. Make up for it next year!

jnney

lemon
HSC
What an excuse. It's not your parents' HSC, it's yours. Some people are going through some much worse situations and are managing well. It's your fault that you got yourself into this situation - be glad that you're still in year 11. Quit complaining and get to it.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Thread title should be: Oh the stresses of a year 11 student are insignificant to the stresses of a year 12 student where your results actually count.

funnytomato

HSC

So, any help?
if I were you, I wouldn't drink as much coffee

just keep a healthy lifestyle and organise your time properly
CONSISTENT effort >> stressing out and cramming before exams

also as many people pointed out, that you're only in Year 11 and it doesn't really matter as much

Infatuate

HSC
It's normal to feel stressed out in year 11. We all have moments when we realize just how much work we actually have... well I certainly did. When I was in year 11 I'd have these random mental/emotional breakdowns because I'd been procrastinating up until the day an assignment was due.
I'm trying my best to keep myself emotionally stable. :) It's not that hard, actually.
Just go through your notes slowly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)