NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerd2die4

HSC
You need experience in the Australian team. I think thats why kimmorley was the second choice half back. because if something happened ( which it did), and another halfback needed to be put into the side, they need somebody that would lead the team under pressure. Kimmorley has played a heap of rep games, so he would fit the job perfectly.

ThePix

let me start by saying i go for newcastle... the one man team jokes at times r very warranted and i know we suck...anywayz

ok first off......international football is a completely different ball game to normal league... hence why poor preston campbell never gets in.......hence why toni carroll does get in (the bias does help his cause)

i think the only broncos that need to b there r webke and civoneceva, maybe lockyer but he hasnt overly impressed me like he did in the past.... kimmorley gets the spot bcoz keep in mind whoever did get that spot was going to b third rate halfback.....1. Johns 2. Gower..... ofcourse ull go wit someone whoz been there b4, its playing it safe.......and Gower is better than the others bcoz of the way he can slot into a side.....where as Johns succeeds individually....Gower much like Kimmorley (wen hes in form) can run a side like a mercurial drill sargent!

waterhouse's form this year started off with a bang and had flashy moments.....but was overall a fizzle... carroll is a dirty mean pissed off thug, australia needs some thugs to deal with the likes of morely and sonny bill

and Ryles was the form forward in the NRL.... he gets to any form of rep game and all he does is get smashed, look at the stats, Ryles does contribute significantly to a some game in tackling, hit ups and offloads, but the impact is minimal it seems, the hit ups arent effective n the offloads often go to ground he seems to lack confidence in the rep arena much like hindmarsh in his younger years, but look at him now

shaun berrigan..... well im speechless......hes terrible lol

the comments on the doggies props are spot on, great year, now lets c another

cooper is another one who in the NRL season shows flashes of such brilliance but needs to find his feet a bit more like rooney seems to b doing (im not saying rooney is a great player im saying hes a great finisher, which is what any winger should b)

and finally (ill shut up eventually) i feel that if somehow Stevens got in the train on squad, then i hav nothing to say bcoz Ryles is better than him even at half fitness lol... lastly whats all this Ryles mania?... when Luke Bailey is fit hes NSW's only answer to Webke!!!

Last edited:
HSC
Looks like O'meley could finally get his chance. Rylesy has injured his hamstring at a training session yesterday. He is in serious doubt for the next match against GB and may not play again in England, not sure on the extent of the injury yet.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Looks like O'meley could finally get his chance. Rylesy has injured his hamstring at a training session yesterday. He is in serious doubt for the next match against GB and may not play again in England, not sure on the extent of the injury yet.
whats the deal with him and injuries? does he like to get injured?

HSC
Seems like it. Fuck the tri-nations just get him home and give him a full pre season to get himself right. Always seems to be injured or returning from an injury, his shoulder is only just starting to return to full strength for fucks sake.

ThePix

Suney_J said:
whats the deal with him and injuries? does he like to get injured?
mmm tis a bit of a worry, a forward who cant stay isnt free isnt going to be remembered as a good one (eg i love my knights and big ben Kennedy but come on, u step on his toe and hes out for six weeks)

i think throwing him in the deep end for tri-nations which has proven to be prodominantly a physical forward driven contest was foolish with his lack of game time. Not fair on Ryles and not fair on those who have played the whole season.

I feel almost jipped to think we have been deprived of seeing what o'meley could do to the poms with his current form!

Bobcat

HSC
Dragons are by far the best team, even though they are underachievers.

Timmo is a sexy man.

Knights_chick

GO THE KNIGHTS!!!!
Had a terrible year with injuries, but we should come back better next year.
Danny Buderus is the sexiest and best player in the world!!!! Dally M proves what a year he had!!
And has everyone heard the news????? Joey's back.
KNIGHTS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!
RED"N"BLUE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boom Selecta

HSC
Shifty said:
knights wont make the 8 next year:p
I dont think that they wil make it. They are losing Kenedy, O'Davis, Parsons and Tahu.

BTW anyone else see next seasons draw

Bobcat

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
GO THE KNIGHTS!!!!
Had a terrible year with injuries, but we should come back better next year.
Danny Buderus is the sexiest and best player in the world!!!! Dally M proves what a year he had!!
And has everyone heard the news????? Joey's back.
KNIGHTS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!
RED"N"BLUE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No offense, but seriously the knights are pretty crap.
They are a one man team, and that was shown last year. Without Johns (andrew) you wouldnt make the 8 ever.
Goodluck this year, but u got false hopes, even with johns.

Coming from a dragons fan...who absolutely, with a passion hates the knights

Bobcat

HSC
Boom Selecta said:
I dont think that they wil make it. They are losing Kenedy, O'Davis, Parsons and Tahu.

BTW anyone else see next seasons draw
Yeh, there was something on the news, about how they wanted to cut the season shorter, cause its too long or something - as bloody if they will ever do that, the sport bring in too much money, for them just to cut it short.

Draws good draw though. Dragons Vs the Doggies in the first round, will be a good match

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
nah they should make the season shorter, its way too long, trust me, as a player you do get sick of it after a while, you need a break. the nrl wanted to make it shorter, but the clubs couldnt afford it, cos it would mean they would be losing revenue. but all the players want the season to be much shorter. and players starting preseason now!!! that bs, give them a rest at least.

Bobcat

HSC
i agree with giving them a bigger rest.

Specially those who do like rep footy, they only get like no break.

I wouldnt mind if the season was shorter, but i dont see it happening

nerd2die4

HSC
I would mind if the season did get shorter. I hate the off season, i dont know how i get through it.

Bobcat

HSC
nerd2die4 said:
I would mind if the season did get shorter. I hate the off season, i dont know how i get through it.
Well theres always the rep footy to watch.

Though if ur a sharks fan (by ur avartar thingy) u dont really have any players to watch, so it could sux for u.

ThePix

Bobcat said:
No offense, but seriously the knights are pretty crap.
They are a one man team, and that was shown last year. Without Johns (andrew) you wouldnt make the 8 ever.
Goodluck this year, but u got false hopes, even with johns.

Coming from a dragons fan...who absolutely, with a passion hates the knights
lol so your new found amazing scoop that newcastle struggle without johns should inspire us to go for another side ? also johns was not the only injury, when he first got injured we were being competitive and then even more injuries were added to johns

tahu, o'davis (as always), kennedy, simpson, seage, hughes, clint newton... so on and so fourth but im not going to defend em, just as i have shown we arent all a one man team ill admit we rely on one player heavily

and being a dragons fan you've gotta tender to your own backyard, a team of champions but never a champion team, and your track record without barrett is less than impressive, not as bad as newcastle but still highly unflattering, difference is, we've won a premiership in the last 5 years

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Dragons = Shit
Knights = Shitter
BULLDOGS = Premiers!!!:D

nerd2die4

HSC
Bobcat said:
Well theres always the rep footy to watch.

Though if ur a sharks fan (by ur avartar thingy) u dont really have any players to watch, so it could sux for u.
brett kimmorley?

there is no competition in rep footy. the britts are getting there, but they only look decent coz australia has been playing some dodgy footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)