NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S-K

Timmins - what the hell was he doing there? Bennett must love sideways running locks because he picked two of 'em

Carroll - not in form and not australian. Why is he there?

Ryles - Good for the Kiwis to belt and nothing else.

Gower - oh god...

Sing - do something

Bring in Ryan, Kimmorley, Cooper(on the wing), O'Meley and another backrower/prop onto the bench and the team would be great. It is hard to knock a side that beat a good side like the kiwis today but geez the side could be so much better...

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
ohwhenthesaints said:
Ryles on the bench, I thought he played well though I heard a few errors and getting smashed early again. 194m off 19 hitups and 20 tackles is a fair effort though. Berrigan caught out twice in defence which led to NZ tries, Cooper needs to be there. Andrew Ryan in for Carroll, Timmins can stay on the bench.
Ryles did make an effort, but he made 142metres not 194. Berrigan was caught out in defence as well as Sing, so maybe they're starting to be the Hodges/Walker of the Aussie team

S-K said:
Gower - oh god...
i still cant get over the break he made, coz he had Mason unmarked on the inside but he didnt pass!

ohwhenthesaints said:
Commentators were talking up Great Britain, but I dunno can't see them winning it.
they were also sayin how they wanted to lure Sonny Bill to play in the ESL, i was laughing when those idiots said that

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
some fresh folk:p....how do youse support, S-K and Jordan.J ?????

HSC
Jordan.J said:
Ryles did make an effort, but he made 142metres not 194.
My bad, 142. But still 40m more than any other forward (Webcke - 101m)
then compare to backrow (Hindmarsh - 44m and Fitzgibbon - 38m) as well as Tonie fucken Carroll (59m) and you see why he's getting smashed. Need someone to help him take the ball forward, and run with him to give him options and put the defence in 2 minds. Mason did well when he came on, made 90 odd metres and ran hard with aggression. Much better off the bench than starting. Same with Rylesy, should come on after 20 and play the rest of the game.

S-K said:
Ryles - Good for the Kiwis to belt and nothing else.
Read above, Ryles and Hindmarsh best Australian forwards, but Hindmarsh needs to pull up his pants and run the ball more.

Jordan.J said:
they were also sayin how they wanted to lure Sonny Bill to play in the ESL, i was laughing when those idiots said that
I think they actually said "Sonny Boy Williamson". Deadset retarded.

S-K said:
Bring in Ryan, Kimmorley, Cooper(on the wing), O'Meley and another backrower/prop onto the bench and the team would be great.
Cooper would be wasted on the wing. Sing hasn't seen much ball, doesn't really deserve to be dropped as there's no better replacement. Berrigan must go. Who is the other backrower/prop to come in? Look for Timmins to possibly be replacement 5/8, shouldn't happen though he doesn't pass. Definitely should be Scott Hill.

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
If Cooper finds his way into the Australian team on the wing when Berrigan is in centre then it's a sign that the side is well and truly retarded. The way he defended it might as well have been Hodges playing centre.

What's with Ryan getting dropped from everything? He gives 150% and it shows, no way Carroll or Timmins deserves a spot ahead of him.

I like OWTS's forward pack, i would probably have a different backline to offer but i uh, can't think of one.

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
i agree i think ryan deserves to start with hindmarsh in the 2nd row with fitzgibbon at lock instead of timmins - i dont think timmins deserves his spot on form this year - and scott hill should definitely be replacement 5/8th. tonga has really proven himself but berrigan doesnt seem to be as damaging - maybe give matt cooper a game in the centres or brent tate - tho tate relies a lot on lockyer

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
i dunno why Timmins has been given so much shit about his form this year, usually from people who haven't seen him play and just jump on the bandwagon. He had an orginary game or two but on the whole he's been a strong part of the team, even if he doesn't pass too much.

S-K

ohwhenthesaints said:
Read above, Ryles and Hindmarsh best Australian forwards, but Hindmarsh needs to pull up his pants and run the ball more.
Ryles should not be there though. O'Meley is twice the player Ryles is. Ryles will have to retire soon or he will end up like Adam Ritson. Ryles is a myth. Luke Bailey is twice the player that Ryles is yet Ryles is the one everyone talks up.

ohwhenthesaints said:
Cooper would be wasted on the wing. Sing hasn't seen much ball, doesn't really deserve to be dropped as there's no better replacement. Berrigan must go. Who is the other backrower/prop to come in? Look for Timmins to possibly be replacement 5/8, shouldn't happen though he doesn't pass. Definitely should be Scott Hill.
Berrigan is class. Berrigan runs lines very well and always pops up. Lockyer out does hurt Berrigan though due to their combo but Berrigan should still be there as he and Tonga are Australias best centres when fully fit. Cooper is good but he isn't better than Berrigan or Tonga.

Sing didn't back himself with the line wide open, he went inside and bombed a try imo. He has had two games and has not done anything. Cooper on the wing gives the side the same rock hard defence but pace. Berrigan running a inside line with cooper in support would tear up any side. Tate is another bloke who could come onto the wing...

Stilla said:
i dunno why Timmins has been given so much shit about his form this year, usually from people who haven't seen him play and just jump on the bandwagon. He had an orginary game or two but on the whole he's been a strong part of the team, even if he doesn't pass too much.
Timmins is not the same player he used to be. He is solid but he isn't much more these days imo. He is lucky Crocker is hurt... Timmins does not offer the squad much imo as he will never be the starting lock with fitzy, carroll and ryan in the squad and the spot could of been given to a big bopper who can play back and front row - Waterhouse maybe(even though I don't rate him that high)

This is the side I'd go with for the poms using the players in the squad

1. Minichello
2. Cooper/Tate
3. Berrigan
4. Tonga
5. Rooney
6. Gower
7. Kimmorley
8. Webcke
9. Buderus
10. O'Meley
11. Hindmarsh
12. Mason
13. Hill

14. Wing (I'd love to see Bowen get a crack at the poms)
15. Civoniceva
16. Ryan
17. Ryles

then when Fitzy comes back either drop Gower(hasn't stood up at rep level and without lockyer I have my doubts to if he could run the side) or Hill.

But then again I've never won anything as a coach and look at what bennett has won lol.

HSC
S-K said:
Ryles should not be there though.
Right, so despite Ryles being Australia's best forwards both games he shouldn't be there? No doubt O'meley should have been the first prop picked, but the class of Ryles cannot be denied.
S-K said:
Ryles will have to retire soon
Yeah... he's come back from a career threatening shoulder injury, one which would have retired many players already. Will be the standout forward next year, needs a full off season to build his shoulder to where it was and get his confidence back.
S-K said:
Ryles is a myth
How?
S-K said:
Luke Bailey is twice the player that Ryles is yet Ryles is the one everyone talks up.
It's quite hard to compare, considering both play for the same club yet are injured so much they have hardly played together. Don't know how you can say "yet Ryles is the one talked up"... Bailey is an automatic selection in any rep side when fit, and most people I know rate him among the top 4 props in the world (O'meley, Bailey, Ryles, Webecke although he's getting on).

S-K said:
Berrigan is class. Berrigan runs lines very well and always pops up. Lockyer out does hurt Berrigan though due to their combo but Berrigan should still be there as he and Tonga are Australias best centres when fully fit. Cooper is good but he isn't better than Berrigan or Tonga.
Berrigan is decent, but doesn't deserve to be there. His form has been shit, and the first 2 matches he's done nothing. The amount of times he read the play wrong and got caught out in defence, forcing Sing to come out of the line was ridiculous. Gasnier is by far the best centre when fit, but that is 4 times a year. Cooper and Tonga are next, both still improving.

S-K said:
Sing didn't back himself with the line wide open, he went inside and bombed a try imo. He has had two games and has not done anything.
Berrigan has made him look shit. The attack hasn't gone their way much, but Berrigan hasn't given anything in attack. In defence he's made alot of mistakes reading the play, especially in Sunday's game, he was terrible.

S-K said:
Timmins is not the same player he used to be. He is solid but he isn't much more these days imo.
Agreed
S-K said:
He is lucky Crocker is hurt... Timmins does not offer the squad much imo as he will never be the starting lock with fitzy, carroll and ryan in the squad
Agreed, except Carroll is shit. Timmins definitely in front of Carroll.

S-K said:
But then again I've never won anything as a coach
Oh ok

Dragonschik

Ryles is the number one forward in the game, he should be there no doubt. I think there is a conflict of interest regarding Bennett and the Broncos, who the hell would have Berrigan in the Australian side bar someone who is affiliated with him. Matt Cooper should be in the side, infront of Berrigan.

Dragonschik

nerd2die4 said:
not biased at all
Well what don't you agree on, do you agree with Carroll and Berrigan in the side?? I don't know anyone who beleives Cooper should not be there, and thats not saints supporters.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Dragonschik said:
Ryles is the number one forward in the game, he should be there no doubt. I think there is a conflict of interest regarding Bennett and the Broncos, who the hell would have Berrigan in the Australian side bar someone who is affiliated with him. Matt Cooper should be in the side, infront of Berrigan.
LOL....Ryles is the number one forward in the game. By you coming out and saying that shows how biased, or ill-informed you are, or maybe you dont know much about footy.....because if you followed the game closely enough, you would realise that on current form, the number one forward in the game is a close tussle between Ogre and Rauhihi, and sorry to break your bandwagon sounding heart.....but Ryles wont even get a mention as being the number one forward in the game, not this year hun.....

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i have to agree, from the last few weeks of the nrl season and the finals, rauhihi and omeley were better than ryles, and were the standouts throughout the year...but then ryles only just came back from a long layoff though

HSC
Shifty said:
LOL....Ryles is the number one forward in the game. By you coming out and saying that shows how biased, or ill-informed you are, or maybe you dont know much about footy.....because if you followed the game closely enough, you would realise that on current form, the number one forward in the game is a close tussle between Ogre and Rauhihi,.....
In my opinion, Ryles at his best is the best forward in the world. The problem is, due to injuries we haven't often seen him at his best. He's shown glimpses of his brilliance but hasn't been able to put it together over a whole season yet. Definitely on form this year Rauhihi and O'meley have been in front, but that's because Ryles was severly underdone this year. Came back earlier than he should have because we needed him with Bailey out as well. Definitely has the size, power, speed, and most importantly skill to establish himself as the best forwards in the world.

Shifty said:
and sorry to break your bandwagon sounding heart.....but Ryles wont even get a mention as being the number one forward in the game, not this year hun.....
You're right, not this year. If we're talking on form then Rauhihi and O'meley have been the best. But Ryles also got it done this year in SOO and he's getting it done in the tri-nations (granted O'meley hasn't gotten the chance he deserves). O'meley and Rauhihi were the form prop forwards of the year, but they have to show they can do it again, and do it when their teams aren't on a roll, to even get close to being the best forwards in the world. Give Ryles a full off season and watch him go next year, if him and Bull both play a full season next year (yes IF, Rylesy already looked injured this morning in the test) they will establish themselves as 2 of the top forwards in the game, without a doubt.

HSC
nerd2die4 said:
not biased at all
This from the scum fan who thought Jason Stevens should be on the kangaroo tour?

nerd2die4 said:
why is that funny. if stevens didnt play this year, the sharks would have come last. makes a billion metres every game, offloads at every chance he gets, tackles like a machine and his hitups hurt the defenders. you cant get better than stevo. and im pretty disapointed he was snubbed by aus. selectors, he has been consistantly outstanding for the sharks.

nerd2die4

HSC
umm that post was about the train on squad which is diff to the team they have now. they get all the good players from each team to train and then they select a team. i beleive stevens should have atleast made the train on squad.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Can I just ask why the hell Carroll is on the team? IMO, Waterhouse should be lock and Cooper should take the place of Berrigan. I know that Bennett is going with the tried and true, but for goodness sakes...could it be anymore biased? Berrigan played what, 2 games before the end of the season? Don't even get me started on Carroll - how can you make the switch from Kiwi to Aussie? I don't get it.

I also cannot believe Kimmorley got picked in the 25 over Matt Orford. Even Sherwin is better than Kimmorley (and that has nothing to do with me being a Bulldogs fan). Gower hasn't been playing that well either, but I guess that's because he was injured. We'll need to play a lot better to beat the Poms this time around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)