NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
im with ohwhenthesaints on this one......once stevens gets tired....the halves and backs tear him to shreds around the ruck area.....i spose u can say that about most props but stevens just seems to pop out at me as one of the weaker ones....no where near top notch props such as o'meley:p.....hutch lost 30-40 kilo's with the dogs, needs to work alot on his defence in 1st grade, with a good off season, he'll be a force to be reckoned with next season

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lomu is a heaps good player - a busting ball runner... a bit underrated i reckon... was great for the roosters off the bench a couple of years back... does get injured alot though, which is a bit unfortunate.... funny how ppl dont really notice him.

stevens should really get off the footy show, which really breeds homosexual tendenies... if he wants to be a good prop again that is, if he sees him self singing "like a virgin" - rather disgracefully i might add - for the rest of his life then he can keep going the way he is....

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
ohwhenthesaints said:
Yeah I really see them struggling next year. I heard you were planning on using Jason Smith as halfback??? I reckon Carney has to be given a go there, heaps of talent from what I've seen of him. Withers is a good buy, he was great for us this season. Disappointing we decided to let him go, hopefully Willie Manu can bring some consistency to the Dragons......lol
the main reason they bought smith was to be a mentor of sorts to carney and the other boys coming through...
there is a lot of talent coming through the ranks and it should be good in a couple of years... at least i hope so.

HSC
Shifty, it's kind of weird actually agreeing with you but I guess it had to happen eventually haha. I knew Hutch lost some weight but I thought it was around 10-15kg, are you serious 30-40??? Did you catch much PL this season? How did Hutch go at the end of the year? And how is Trevor Thurling coming along, from what I've heard he's a bit of a prospect.

Constip8edSkunk I agree regarding Lomu. Would love to have him coming off the bench at Saints, the type of player we need. Hard runner who can break the line and has the ability to offload. We signed Willie Manu to fill this role, it will be intereseting to see how he goes, he's got alot of talent, but that doesn't help the rest of our players. How do you see your backline lining up next year??

And lol @ last part. I'm pretty sure Stevens signed a contract with channel 9 though, I remember hearing it a while ago, so look for him to become a regular on the Footy Show. At least he's got a bit of a sense of humour unlike Chief. God that show has gone down hill.

HSC
Mojoman said:
the main reason they bought smith was to be a mentor of sorts to carney and the other boys coming through...
there is a lot of talent coming through the ranks and it should be good in a couple of years... at least i hope so.
Ah ok fair enough, that makes sense I guess. Yeah there are a few good juniors coming along and I think Jermaine Ale from Roosters will be a top player. Definitely looking to the future... Lincoln won't do much next year but I;d say 2006 Woolford to either ESL or retire and Linc will have the full time hooking role. I'm gonna miss his big hits, sad to see him go.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Yeh he was weighing in at approx. 135kg and went down to 108kg i think, so i was exaggerating a bit....and thurling is looking like a very bright prospect, might be a regular bench starter with the departure of feeney and scott.

HSC
THE Australian rugby league team to play New Zealand in the opening Tri Series Test in Auckland on Saturday has been named:
Australia: Anthony Minichiello, Luke Rooney, Shaun Berrigan, Willie Tonga, Matt Sing, Darren Lockyer (capt), Craig Gower, Shane Webcke, Danny Buderus, Jason Ryles, Willie Mason, Nathan Hindmarsh, Tonie Carroll. Interchange: Craig Wing, Petero Civoniceva, Ben Kennedy, Andrew Ryan.
18th man: Shaun Timmins

Hahaha fucking hows that for bias? How the hell did the Broncos manage to get 5 in the side? I'd say Lockyer and Webcke deserve their spots, that is all.

Berrigan over Coops? Petrol Seventycentsalitre over Omeley? Carroll/Kennedy over Timmins? Minichello over any fullback who can catch?
Nice work Wayne

The most ridiculous decision would be leaving Omeley out. He's by far been the best prop all year and should have been the first prop picked. Kennedy and Berrigan have hardly played a game all year. Andrew Ryan deserves to start and Timmo on the bench. Kennedy, Petrol and Carroll do not deserve to be there, Omeley and Cooper do.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Are you fuckin serious????......watta joke....OWTS, does the coach get to pick his own side?

nerd2die4

HSC
there is a panel of selectors, that pick the side.

and yes stevens has signed a contract with channel nine, after the rock said stevens was the best interview he had in australia. and when i said 'stevens = best prop. ever' that was an exageration, i though that was obvious but you cant deny his ability as a prop.

nerd2die4

HSC
oh and about the Australian side thats going to take on NZ:

I think caroll/kennedy over timmins is fair, they are bigger more had hitting players. timmins is a ball player, and i think when you play NZ it is important we match them in strength and size. why dont you think caroll should be there ohwhenthesaints? in carolls last few games he was a standout out, hit the lline hard and made bone crunching tackles.

though i do agree about o meley, he def. should be there. nobody beats shrek.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
wtf.... minichello is arguably a better catcher than any other fullbacks out there

i agree with the other stuff said though.... omeley shouldve played...civoneva not
timmins shouldve been in, kennedy not.
carrol definitely deserves his place though

tates injured right... theres a big gap there that prolly none of the others can make up for... cooper shouldve got there ahead of berrigan though

i guess they'll drop kennedy when fitzgibbon return... he's passed it

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
this is prolly the only Aus.game i want hodges in, coz i want sonny bill to smash the fuck outta him

HSC
Nerd2die4,
There is a panel of selectors but you can't try and tell me that Wayne bennet didn't use his influence there! Do the panel pick the selectors pick the team or just the squad? Anyway, either way, obvious bias. It's just like Kimmorley always getting picked under Anderson and FFS Phil Bailey!!! (I know you're a Shark, but come on!)

Shaun Timmins a ball player? I'll need to see him pass the ball before I will believe that!!! Has anyone seen him play lately? Gets the ball in the middle of the field and drifts across the whole field, cutting out centres and wingers. Every time he gets the ball you hear people in the crowd say "have a run for once Timmo"(sarcasm), and when he gets a pass away, we cheer. Admittedly he has not been in the best form of late, but he always steps up for rep games because he runs hard and straight. Btw, he was lock of the year.

I don't think Carroll or Kennedy should be there, maybe Carroll could grab a spot on the bench. Kennedy is past it, Carroll has played for NZ. Carroll could maybe grab a spot on the bench, but personally I would have Timmins, Waterhouse and Flannery ahead of them both. Carroll can hit hard, he's decent, but I do not know what he's doing in the side.

Constip8edSkunk,
I've just never been a fan of Minichello, I understand not many people share this view. He's usually safe at the back, the catching reference was more to the amount of inside balls I constantly see him drop after Robert Finch's son has put him in a gap. Runs the ball hard though and tough to tackle, I'll give him that. If i was picking a side though I'd have Bowen, Hornby and Hodgson over him. Not to mention Lockyer back in his rightful position.

Regarding Tate, I'm pretty sure he's not injured. Fitzgibbon was the only one listed as injured. Seems as though Tate is last choice centre. Tonga is struggling with an inury and Coops has been named on standby to replace him.

Suney_J,
Lol I'd like a team consisting of Slater, Walker, Hodges, Ryan Cross, Phil Bailey so I could watch 15 big maroi's take them apart. Can't wait for the Bulldogs v Broncos match next year! Will be awesome.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
biggest joke: O'meley missing out
2nd biggest joke: Kennedy in over timmins
3rd biggest joke: Hodges and Walker

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
bowen maybe... a touch and go decision cuz he's definitely in sublime form at the moment (suspect defence though)... hornby? - no, he's far from errorless either and has less impact.... hodgeson, lol....maybe just to see him getting hammered

lol as much as i'd like to have seen flannery in the side .... i reckon ppl should leave him alone for a while, his testicles needs rest for next season

im sure tates either ruled himself out or something ..esp with bennet as coach ...cuz he's miles ahead of all the other centres at the moment.. cept tonga, though i'd still pick tate over him anyday

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Shifty said:
3rd biggest joke: Hodges and Walker
Haha, nah mate thats the biggest joke!

i dont undersatnd why the broncos took hodges back. the broncos were doin ok in terms of losing thier dickhead players like hodges, walker, andrew gee but now their just goin backwards

Constip8edSkunk said:
im sure tates either ruled himself out or something ..esp with bennet as coach ...cuz he's miles ahead of all the other centres at the moment.. cept tonga, though i'd still pick tate over him anyday
:confused: im confused, u say tonga is in better form but you'll still pick tate over tonga? did i get that right or u meant something else?

but i do agree on flannery, he has to more concerned bout having kids than playin footy

Last edited:

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Suney_J,
Lol I'd like a team consisting of Slater, Walker, Hodges, Ryan Cross, Phil Bailey so I could watch 15 big maroi's take them apart. Can't wait for the Bulldogs v Broncos match next year! Will be awesome.
actually slater was originally picked for the squad but he ruled himself out coz he's injured, and i wasnt happy when he was picked coz i really believe he's an overrated player. sure he scored an excellent try in origin, but his first half in game 3 showed he's not suited for big matches (like hodges)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
nah im saying tate and tonga are way better than all the other available centers...hmmm it appears he's fit though... i dun get what bennet's thinking....

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
are any of the aussie vs new zealand matches being played in syd?
if so are that at aussie or telstra stadium?

and Sonny Bill Williams is HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)