NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Shifty said:
cant wait to see SBW and Mason go at it!!
should be interestin

mizz_smee said:
are any of the aussie vs new zealand matches being played in syd?
if so are that at aussie or telstra stadium?

and Sonny Bill Williams is HOT!
i dont think any games are in Sydney, afterall it is a kangaroo tour.

nerd2die4

HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Nerd2die4,
There is a panel of selectors but you can't try and tell me that Wayne bennet didn't use his influence there! Do the panel pick the selectors pick the team or just the squad? Anyway, either way, obvious bias. It's just like Kimmorley always getting picked under Anderson and FFS Phil Bailey!!! (I know you're a Shark, but come on!)

it is definatley bias, but now wayne is part of the channel nine crew so he is safe. remember during last season wayne bennet had done his first interview on channel nine, after about 10 years of not talking to them? and now that he has the Australian job, he though it would be best to have channel nine on his side. if this was andersons team the media would be crying ' favroutism' and 'biased'.

nerd2die4

HSC
well that was a disgraceful game. if this was andersons team that drew with NZ everybody (media) would be questioning team selectins but this is bennets team, so instead it was a 'great game'.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
berigan did jack all... he should be dropped,

webke and especially ryles both got smashed...i doubt o meley wouldve done any better tho, mason was contained pretty well, i dun think hindmash ran even once, carrol was avg, but then aus played with 2 hookers and no lock for half of the match. the forwards really need to have a good look at themselves next match

nerd2die4

HSC
the forwards had their worst game, and i agree ryles had a shocker. I dont think either centres did anything because they weren't given the ball enough times. but i think gower and lockyer def. need to lift their performences and boost the teams confidence.

HSC
I actually thought it was a great game.

Agreed with most of what Constip8ed said. Haha I was yelling at Ryles the first 2 times he dropped the ball. He got smashed at the start, but kept taking it forward and ended up being described as one of Australia's best players. His defence around the middle probably had more to do with that than his attack though.

Berrigan and Carrol did fuck all. Only time I remember seeing Berrigan is offside from marker and Utai dragging his ass over the sideline from the scrum near the end. Hindmarsh only made 6 or 7 hitups but was doing a shitload of tackling. When Fitzgibbon comes back he can take up the defensive workload and Hindmarsh can help make some metres.

I reckon the game showed Webcke is past it. O'meley really deserves to be in the side. Ryles probably should be on the bench, he's still not quite up to the physical stuff that NZ dish out since coming back from injury. I thought NZ did well though, especially with their halves combination. I'd put Ryan into the backrow and have Mason off the bench as well. If Carroll stays in the team, he really needs to do something. Didn't put any hits on in defence and wasn't anywhere to be seen in attack. If Berrigan stays in the team, Bennet is an idiot.

It's too bad the care bears and Utai won't be playing for the whole tri-series, but with the addition of Lautuiti, Vanikolo, Paul, Hape etc from ESL NZ are still looking pretty strong.

Should be a good series. I actually enjoyed the match, I like international football and it's good to see close matches where both teams played reasonably well.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
remember the kiwis were also without their best forward rauhihi, who'll also be back...so with lautiti and co coming in their pack is gonna get even larfer lol. are puletua anf galavao gonna play fot the rest of the series?

... carrol willl prolly be dropped to make way for fitzgibbon, either to the bench replacing kennedy or out all together

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
both Timmins and Fitzgibbon have been added the squad, so 2 players will be omitted later this week, and im guessin carroll and kennedy will be those 2

neway about the game, i thought it was a great game to watch. it was very close and physical. Gower is an idiot for missing the best chance for a field goal and SBW was superb. im lookin forward to the next game, coz whoever is marking the Volcano (Sing or Rooney) should get hammered a few times

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
and whats up with Hindmarsh's bum crack? especially on the goal line when he had to keep bending over to tackle

legallytaouk

sorry bout the delay but...

GOOOOO THE DOOOGGGIIEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

THATS RIGHT.. STEP BAK... WE PREMEIRS OV 2004!!!!

OHHHHH YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH D GREATEST FUKN FEELING!!!!

ITS 2 WEEKS LATER... D FEELING IS STILL DERRRRRRR

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Ryan dropped, and O'meley still not selected and Mason sent to bench!!!!!!!!!1
THIS IS A FUKIN OUTRAGE!!!!......I hope New Zealand can smash the aussies.... whoever picks the teams needs to take Reg's advice and go and get fuked!....GO NEW ZEALAND!!!... Sonny Bill better carve up!

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
nerd2die4 said:
why write 'ov' when you can easily write 'of'?
Why be so critical when you can easily not to be critical... if you dont like what she's writing then dont read it... makes you look like a whinging nagging twat. Who cares how she writes...move on with ur life.....oops i meant 'your', dont kill me:p

HSC
Stilla said:
I figured i'd find you here.
If you're referring to me then yes, I prefer it to people trying to feel popular in non-school and to talking about exams I've just done with absolute idiots, most of whom are going to beat me.

HSC
Shifty said:
Why be so critical when you can easily not to be critical... if you dont like what she's writing then dont read it... makes you look like a whinging nagging twat. Who cares how she writes...move on with ur life.....oops i meant 'your', dont kill me:p
Would you have defended him/her/it if it wasn't a fellow Cheats supporter? Something that at least resembles proper English isn't that hard, and it's a hell of a lot easier to read.

Shifty said:
Ryan dropped, and O'meley still not selected and Mason sent to bench!!!!!!!!!1
THIS IS A FUKIN OUTRAGE!!!!......I hope New Zealand can smash the aussies.... whoever picks the teams needs to take Reg's advice and go and get fuked!....GO NEW ZEALAND!!!... Sonny Bill better carve up!
Haha yeah Bennet is doing well. Ryan should be starting, Timmins on the bench but not in front of Ryan. Carroll... what is he doing there? And Berrigan. Oh yeah, Broncos.

What would be your team? Mine...
1. Bowen
2. Rooney
3. Tonga
4. Coops
5. Minichello
6. Lockyer
7. Orford
8. Omeley
9. Buderus
10. Webcke
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. Fitzgibbon

14. Ryles
15. Mason
16. Timmins
17. Wing

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
did ne1 see the game?

i thought gower had a shocker! he is an idiot, the only good thing he did was put a a couple of grubbers in the in-goal, but other than that he played shit

and O'meley really needs to get into the side, coz the forwards didnt play that well in the first half. Mason played well when he came off the bench, but Civoniciva didnt have as much impact (he only made bout 5 metres per hit-up) and Tonga and Rooney are starting to play well together

For the Kiwis, you just cant go past Sonny Bill, he had a terrific first half, he was off-loading, making breaks. i was disappointed that the Volcano didnt get involved as much as Meli did, and i also think Robbie Paul should be in the starting side
Overall it was an entertaning game, but i still dont think the kangaroos are putting there best team on the field

there is a bit of concern about Lockyer and Fitzgibbon injuries, but we should know tomorrow the full extent of that

HSC
Yeah i saw the last hour. Tried to get up the for the 5am telecast and couldn't even get up at 10 to watch it.

Gower is shit. Orford should be there, but given Kimmorley is the other option Gower can stay.

O'meley needs to be there, should be starting. Ryles on the bench, I thought he played well though I heard a few errors and getting smashed early again. 194m off 19 hitups and 20 tackles is a fair effort though. Berrigan caught out twice in defence which led to NZ tries, Cooper needs to be there. Andrew Ryan in for Carroll, Timmins can stay on the bench.

Kiwis need Ali Lauititi back, he's playing the next game isn't he? Volcano was pretty average, his only game for the series. Shontayne Hape and Loleesi should be in their backline somewhere. Really struggling with halves... even chuck SBW there at 5/8 they have enough forwards. Don't have anyone with a decent kciking game, which fucked them up. Also Rauhihi looked injured.

Game was pretty good, Kiwis need a kicker badly. Goal kicker would be handy too. Australia were too good and a few soft tries at the end for the scoreline. Commentators were talking up Great Britain, but I dunno can't see them winning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)