NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
The only Aussies out were the injured ones - Ryles, Wing, Gower, Buderus etc etc. Scott Hill played no. 9...that was the weirdest decision they made IMO. Matty Bowen and Matt Cooper started at fullback and centre. Each team got a 9 man bench (except we couldn't fill it because of the injuries). The Kangaroos were waaaaayyyy too cocky. You could tell as soon as they walked out that they weren't expecting much, and they got really shocked and panicky.

The U.S.A were ok...they do the basics pretty well, but they need better halves if they're going to be competitive. Nate Smith is a great winger who could definitely make it in the NRL, as could the their fullback (I can't remember his name). There were a few good players actually. Give them a few years and they could give us a run for our money.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
DRAGONS = overrated, inconsistent, underperforming, overpaid, 2005 Premiers
Knights = more overrated and just shit basically
Bulldogs = 2004 Premiers, two-time ALLEGED gang rapists, and proven cheats
lol newcastle knights no chance without andrew johns

nerd2die4

HSC
The Aus. v. usa could be the most boring game i have ever watched. there was nothing in it. the Australians were def. cocky about it, but im glad they didnt try too hard becuase its ot worth an injury. and the game was played in quatres which slowed the game down. and i couldnt stand listening to that dickhead laurie dayley, what a wanker.

HSC
The USA game was pretty terrible. The Australians just didn't give a fuck, they took it heaps easy and that resulted in a shitload of dropped ball and a few injuries. The comeback at the end was extremely predictable.

USA weren't too bad but it will take alot longer than a few years until they are able to be competitive. Although if they could get some African Americans to start playing they could obviously become a force with their size, strength and speed. This could be possible as rugby league officials are apparently looking at college football players who aren't able to crack the NRL and looking to turn them into rugby league players.

Nate Smith is the winger Italian Hotshot was referring to, and could possibly challenge over here for an NRL spot after a few more years developing his game. He was probably USA's best player along with Peterson, who was decent out of position. There his another USA player who will be playing with the Bronco's feeder club the Toowoomba Clydesdales next year, but his name escapes me... perhaps someone could help out? Overall it was a very average game however good for the development of league in the states with all the publicity and also the fact that bulldogs got injured.

BTW I was going to go off at whoever it was that said Billy Slater but then decided it doesn't even deserve a response. Deadset, that's ridiculous.

HSC
nerd2die4 said:
but im glad they didnt try too hard becuase its ot worth an injury.
I thought that was actually the reason a few injuries did occur... and that Australia were lucky there wasn't more. Players not being switched on leads to injury more than players trying hard.

nerd2die4 said:
and i couldnt stand listening to that dickhead laurie dayley, what a wanker.
Whats wrong with Laurie? I think the Fox commentators are the best in the game, I quite like him and Warren Smith. They beat the channel 9 team, all of whom I despise except Sterlo, and how ridiculous were the English commentators? I found Laurie refreshing after listening to those idiots throughout the tri-nations.

Knights_chick

Ohwhenthesaints, you are the wanker.
I don't know what you carry on about, the Dragons have done nothing in the past couple of years.
Every team has their own star player and naturally they will struggle when that player is out. The Knights especially because we do have the best player in the world.

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
Ohwhenthesaints, you are the wanker.
I don't know what you carry on about, the Dragons have done nothing in the past couple of years.
Every team has their own star player and naturally they will struggle when that player is out. The Knights especially because we do have the best player in the world.
I'm wanking as we speak.

Sorry... where exactly was I carrying on about what the Dragons have done in the past couple of years???

The Knights really are shit though, don't like Newcastle. It's a shit trip up from Sydney to stand on a shit hill where you can't even see the fucking screen. Hoping for Joey to get injured again fairly soon so he can fuck off to Yawnion or retire or die or something. Would love to see the Knights without Buderus, he's all thats keeping you away from the spoon.

Starting Robbie O, Druggo and Drugcastle, Drugcastle chants for your pathetic fans probably made it worth the trip though.

Knights_chick

Well, Oki doki Stadium is pretty shit as well. There is one hill and silver seat with no back on them. I remember going there and it wasn't bad because I was in a bunch of Saints supporters and the Knights were in front all of the way, I think the final score was 42-8 or something. You could hear a pin drop. At least Energy Australia has bucket seats.
We won't get the wooden spoon. We still have some quality players left.

HSC
Notice I didn't say the stadium was shit? You've had you're upgrade and all thats great... but there's still no fucken atmosphere. The hills are great... standing in the army beats sitting down in bucket seats... even the corporate boxes with free food and drinks.

Seriously, can you actually read? I didn't say you were going to get the spoon either... Souths seem to be fighting hard for it again and look hard to beat. And I don't think you have many quality players left at all. Buderus obviously... he is one of the best in the world. Then Johns, who is arguably past it but will perform well next year if he somehow remains injury free. Apart from that, I don't rate many of your players at all. It will be up to the young guys like Snowden and Tilse to really step up and carry your older, more experienced and extremely overrated players (Gidley... HOW did he get rep jerseys).

Knights_chick

Ok, you didn't say the stadium was shit but you did say "shit hill where you can't even see the fucking screen", where in so may words means the stadium is crap.
I was just stating that the Knights WILL NOT get the spoon because some people on this forum seem to think they are close to winning it.

Thankyou for stating Buderus as being one of the world's best players. I have trouble telling Panthers fans that because they seem to think Luke Priddis is the best hooker in the world.

I admit that Matt Gidley is past his best. But, he is alot better than some players running around. When he was younger, he was a fantastic centre with a heap of ability and deserved his rep jumpers.

I think Snowden will make a great player in the future. I am not so sure if he is up to first grade yet. Tilse is certainly not.

I think Craig Hall and Anthony Quinn are up and coming wingers, Steve Simpson has played for Australia. Abraham and Newton are starting to play well and Reynoldson was a good buy.

How do you think the Saints will go next year? Hoping they finish in the top 4?

alien

HSC
who said dragons would make 2005 premiers? no way! they haven't got the consistency.

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
Ok, you didn't say the stadium was shit but you did say "shit hill where you can't even see the fucking screen", where in so may words means the stadium is crap.
I was just stating that the Knights WILL NOT get the spoon because some people on this forum seem to think they are close to winning it.
No worries

Iluvtheknights said:
Thankyou for stating Buderus as being one of the world's best players. I have trouble telling Panthers fans that because they seem to think Luke Priddis is the best hooker in the world.
Both very very good players. Priddis isn't that far away from Buderus, but its Danny's leadership skills and just the way he can hold a side together that make him one of the best. Always gives his all and cosistently performs well.

Iluvtheknights said:
How do you think the Saints will go next year? Hoping they finish in the top 4?
Haha hoping for 1st. As for how they'll go, as always we have the potential to 'beat anyone on our day', but there's alot of things that need improvement. Last year was an improvement on previous years but we're still underperforming. I don't think anyone will argue we have one of the best playing rosters and best sides on paper, however that means shit. It's been the case for years and for years we have underperformed.

Hoping for our injury curse to end, however I can't say I'm optimistic of this considering Gaz is already in doubt for the start of the season and Head is recovering from an illness, Ennis a shoulder problem, and then players like Rylesy and fucking Santa, who I think it's fair to say are somewhat injury prone. Santa needs to step up next year. He needs to stay injury free and play consistently well for the Dragons, which I don't know he is still capable of doing.

Next year is probably a make or break year for Saints. Without success (I'd say at least a top 4 finish and GF appearance) alot of heads are set to roll. There will be plenty of people lobbying for a clean out of the administration and even some players. Looking forward to it though... can't wait for the fucken season to start already!!!

Realistically... How do you think the Knights will go?

alien

HSC
wow. a dragons supporter who is reasonable. you are one of a kind mate. in a cool way.

EDIT THAT!!! well i just don't think the dragons have the consistency to pull an all year effort that's usually required for premiership victory. sure they have stints of 10 weeks of success (victory isn't the only success, good form etc.) but they always seem to fall badly afterwards

HSC
alien said:
wow. a dragons supporter who is reasonable. you are one of a kind mate. in a cool way.

EDIT THAT!!! well i just don't think the dragons have the consistency to pull an all year effort that's usually required for premiership victory. sure they have stints of 10 weeks of success (victory isn't the only success, good form etc.) but they always seem to fall badly afterwards
Haha nice edit. I wasn't talking about the consistency part, that is understandable and obvious. When was anyone saying "dragons would make 2005 premiers"????????

While you're there who do you support and how do you think they will go? (Sick at home and fucken bored)

Knights_chick

Realistically, I think the Knights will do well, and I am not saying that just because I am a supporter of them.
I knew this year we had no hope, I was just hoping to make the 8 which we almost did if some decisions went our way during some games. But, next year I think we have a chance, that is if we stay injury free. If Joey comes back anywhere near his best, well, who knows what can happen.
In 1996, we lost alot of players to Super League and we won in 1997, then in 2000 we lost probably the same amount as we have this year and won the comp in 2001. So, going on that we should win next year, lol:)
I really hoping for a top 4 finish, if not top 8. Then win the Grand Final, lol:)

Like you, I cannot wait for next season. I hate the Knights draw though. Absolutely crap!!!

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
I really hoping for a top 4 finish, if not top 8. Then win the Grand Final, lol:)
Good luck with that one. Season depends on Johns and Buderus, if both stay fit then a chance to do well. Still a fringe top 8 side IMO.

Iluvtheknights said:
Like you, I cannot wait for next season. I hate the Knights draw though. Absolutely crap!!!
What's wrong with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)