Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat

HSC
Dragon Fanatic said:
Go the Mighty Dragons!!

2005 Year of the Dragon
Here Here!

I can feel it...this year is our year, although i had the same feeling the last 5 years.

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
~The Sharks will win their first Preimiership in 2005~

6. Adam Dykes
7. Brett Kimmorley

That speaks for itself!
Hahahahaha

Haha

Hahahahaha

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Brett Kimmorley is so over-rated. Or maybe he's just getting old.

Go the Doggies! We finally got the trophy to Belmore and hopefully it ain't going anywhere. Does anyone know if the World Club Challenge between the Doggies and Leeds is going to be televised?

Jiga

The Bulldogs are cheats, they went over the salary cap to make a great side, and IMO the benefit they got from cheating 2 years back aided their Premiership win in 2004 greatly! The sharks on the other hand dont cheat, maybe thats why we dont win. Its a cheaters world....Roosters, Bulldogs etc.

Dykes and Kimmorley will work great together, I see big things for da Shire club! Individually they aint anything special, but together, I expect an easy run this year towards our first Premiership win.

"Iluvtheknights", for the Knights on the other hand, they will struggle so much. They lost all their good players and didnt really buy anything good for 2005. Johns is your only hope, and well, he will be gone after 1 game from an injury n e way. Sharks play Knights in a trial match coming up, my prediction:

Sharks : 50
def
Knights : 2

:)

Jiga

But the fact is they retained players which they shouldnt NOT have been able to do, as a result giving them an unfair advantage. This year, as players like Price leave, I would agree they aernt cheating.

Not that it matters, the Sharks will hammer them anyway, they came close to beating a cheating Doggies side twice last year, now just imagine what will happen.....Sharks all da way!

Knights_chick

I don't care if your prediction is right. I don't really care about the trials, it is what they do when the comp actually begins.
The Sharks haven't got much talent at all. The Knights have better players than the Sharks ever would. Your 2 good players were originally Knights players, they being Brett Kimmorley and Greg Bird (even Bird has gone off, after that kneeing incident). Jason Stevens is a has been and should be sent off for his wedgies, they could cause alot of harm.
I admit that the Knights struggle against the Sharks. But, you never know this year. How do you know Joey is going to play one game and get injured? He might play the whole year or he may not even make the start of the season, that is just the risk you take.
I find it hard to see the Sharks winning the comp this year. In fact I see it hard for them winning a comp in the next few years.

Btw, how did we lose all our good players? Micheal Ennis is a tryer, but he is certainly not a hooker and the Dragons will struggle with him at that position. BK is too old and injury prone. Tahu is the only worry, but even he can be injury prone. Plus, we have players to fill in the positions that Parsons and O"Davis left.
Plus, we bought Kirk Reynoldson who is a hard worker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiga

The knights have nothing on the sharks. Apart from Joey, they ahv no decent players, Buderus is the MOST over-rated player in the entire NRL, Sullivan has it over him! For this year, we have players like Stevens, SUllivan, BK, Dykes, Peachey, Bailey, Hilder to mention few, these are all gun players. Greg Bird is nowhere near our best and with Dykes he may well lose his spot in 1st grade or be on the bench at best. We also got a few big players in our pack because the side had trouble last year getting into opposition territory, but once there, it was evident last year that they can easily finish a side off eg Roosters 2nd time. With Dykes this only makes the side even stronger in attack.

We have a great change in the next 2 years, this side was in a re-building phase past years, now its at a stage where the team has finally been put together. WIth a new coach in particular I expect big things.

Your lost players, Parson, Tahu and O'DAvis are about your only decent players (apart from Johns of course), they also had experience. You dont have players to fill in either, with players like Quinn etc. The knights are only going one way this year, and its down!

I think sharks play Panthers first match at home, expect the Panthers to be thrashed!!!!!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Why all this argument about the Knights and the Sharks?...I expect both of these teams to narrowly miss the eight again this year.

The premiership will once again belong to the blue and white side in 2005.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Id give the Knights more of a chance than the dogs, LOL. No price = No team
Pfft...Did you not watch the Grand Final last year? The Bulldogs won without Price.
Price is a big loss, but I expect that Andrew Ryan will lead us to great things again this year.

arod

the teams to beat this year are definitely the doggies and sydney..with or without price/freddy...however with that being said 2005 is definitely the year for NEWCASTLE!! my MIGHTY KNIGHTS will triumph this year and prove all those bloody critics wrong!!
and as for the sharkies beating the knights?? PUL-LEASE!!! we'll trample all over u..EASY!!! and calling buderus overrated?? if theres anyone whos overrated in this game its without doubt kimmorley!

Jiga

Kimmorley isnt over-rated, cos he is rated that highly! Buderus is over-rated!

The teams to watch will be Sydney Rorters (as they have bought the entire stock of decent players in the NRL under their salary cap.....) and the Sharks!

Knights_chick

I wouldn't say that Stevens is a plus in your side. He is a has been. So is Peachey. Dykes is a crap player and Sullivan is a half a game player. And last time I checked BK has signed with Manly, unless you are talking about one of your unknown Shark players.

How dare you say Buderus is over rated. You are an idiot. And to say that Sullivan is better than him is just stupid. Buderus starts and finished every game. He does the hard yards at the beginning and tackles his ass off in defence. Sullivan comes on after about 20 mins and only looks good because he is taking on tired forwards at the end of the halfs. He is nowhere near as good as Buderus, I wouldn't even say he is in the same breath as Buderus. I would put at least 4 hookers in front of Sullivan, them being- Buderus, Priddis, Smith and Wing.
Buderus is not over rated, you can see it by him winning the Dally M and Players Award, plus he has captained NSW and Australia.
The only reason Kimmorely kept on getting into the Aus team was because of injuries and the face that Chris Anderson loved him like a son.

Jiga

Stevens is a has been....lol. On avg hes up their with the best props in the comp. For eg, in 2004 he had more metres gained + hit-ups than Ryles :)

BK = Brett Kimmorley, I dont think hes signed with Manly ;)

Buderus is over-rated. Id have Wing over him anyday, and thats saying something! Of course Sullivan looks good because he takes on tired forwards, thats called smart coaching. The only thing Buderus has over him is defence, but Sullivans flare in attack makes up for that and then some. Sullivan also has SOME kicking skills as he use to be a 1/2 back. Stats wise, Sullivan has Buderus over everything (Offloads, Kicks, Try assists, line breaks, hit ups, metres gained, dummy half runs, mistackles) except in errors and tackles. That really is damning evidence.

I would put at least 4 hookers in front of Sullivan, them being- Buderus, Priddis, Smith and Wing.
This speaks for itself, Priddis and Smith, LOL.

As for BK and playing for Australia, he played for Australia recently under a new coach, Id have him as the #2 1/2 in the NRL, he'll be #1 as soon as Johns gets injured again and finally retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)