nintendo ds lite (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
when i'm at uni in class and i'm bored, we'll play on the little local wireless that's built into the ds. that might be once or twice a week.

on the interweb, maybe 3 or 4 times a week.

i only play animal crossing: wild world though

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah there are pirated ones.. that doesnt need the flash card like in malaysia..
and on EBay.. bit costly and looks shit... wont run on non-flashed DS tho..

ummm ive been giving mine a rest.. use to play MKDS and tetris Ds online... im not great at metroid... also.. need to get my work up to date at uni..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how do you play multiplayer? how close do you have to be to the other ppl, or is it network based (i.e. people from ure router)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
well there is two ways..
-one needs a router and the internet (broadband)..and connects to the nintendo world network.. here u use ure friends' codes to find ure mates... or random players...

-the other is an ad-hoc style/non-router/mini-LAN (i.e. the consoles connect directy with each other...head to head etc.. ) here it uses proximity

hope that makes sense..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh wow. i didnt realise you could play online! that is so incredibly awesome.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Got my DS Lite last Sunday and a couple of games (Brain Training + Advance Wars:DS) and I love it so far! Even though PSP has better graphics and so on... I can't help but think of it as a PS2 in handheld form- whereas DS has new games which I haven't played before? Although when and if GT4 comes out... and the fact that PSP games are cheaper (and that's not even taking into account the pirated ones), the PSP might become a very attractive proposition.

As for DS multiplayer... it's good that alot of games support the download feature (ie. send it to ppl who don't own it so you can still play games)... and if you want to go online but don't have a wireless router, you can just buy the $45 nintendo usb adaptor.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
Got my DS Lite last Sunday and a couple of games (Brain Training + Advance Wars:DS) and I love it so far! Even though PSP has better graphics and so on... I can't help but think of it as a PS2 in handheld form- whereas DS has new games which I haven't played before? Although when and if GT4 comes out... and the fact that PSP games are cheaper (and that's not even taking into account the pirated ones), the PSP might become a very attractive proposition.

As for DS multiplayer... it's good that alot of games support the download feature (ie. send it to ppl who don't own it so you can still play games)... and if you want to go online but don't have a wireless router, you can just buy the $45 nintendo usb adaptor.
what about pirated ds games :p
i was originally going with the psp, but too many problems with it, and shit battery life. not a single owner of a psp AND ds has recommended me the ds by far

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
stazi said:
what about pirated ds games :p
i was originally going with the psp, but too many problems with it, and shit battery life. not a single owner of a psp AND ds has recommended me the ds by far
LOL haven't tried pirated DS games yet- I heard it's too complicated and it doesn't work well (yet).

I also was originally going for PSP when I saw the graphics and the big name games appearing on it- but even though our humble DS doesn't look as good (graphics wise), the DS lite looks better, isn't so big/ugly/chunky, and the games are more enjoyable/different to play. At the moment, I'm obsessed with Advance Wars and Brain Training. It's so exciting playing games which are unlike anything else I've played before (nb. I know Advance Wars was on GBA- but I never owned a GBA).

The only thing which annoys me is the games aren't cheap- and GBA stuff is also still quite pricey. Gotta wait for Nintendo "platinum" or "players choice" or something like that to come out; or the next big sale.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL haven't tried pirated DS games yet- I heard it's too complicated and it doesn't work well (yet).

I also was originally going for PSP when I saw the graphics and the big name games appearing on it- but even though our humble DS doesn't look as good (graphics wise), the DS lite looks better, isn't so big/ugly/chunky, and the games are more enjoyable/different to play. At the moment, I'm obsessed with Advance Wars and Brain Training. It's so exciting playing games which are unlike anything else I've played before (nb. I know Advance Wars was on GBA- but I never owned a GBA).

The only thing which annoys me is the games aren't cheap- and GBA stuff is also still quite pricey. Gotta wait for Nintendo "platinum" or "players choice" or something like that to come out; or the next big sale.
ummm it works very well :p and is very easy. if you like i can put you in contact with people you can bring your DS to and they'll flash it for you (for free, or just buy them lunch as a good will gesture).
next you need to invest in a supercard (the best one) which will set you back about $60, and an SD card (get the 1gb version).

EDIT: by 'very well' i mean it's incredibly easy to use and has not a single problem

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
stazi, saw ya last night on george with your missus.

can someone explain to me this flash card thing? is it a memory card?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
zomg. that's so hawt. you shouldve said hi.

no the flash card is a cartridge you put in your gba slot on your ds. You also insert a memory card into it (SD is the best). It emulates your console booting a real cartridge, and then bypasses something to make it boot any games.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
oh right, so basically we can just download the game into the sd card? and play it as if it were any game?

would it work with playing online?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
1) download the game from torrents
2) open the game's zip file with the flash card's software
3) copy the output file to the sd card
4) play :D

and yes, apparently a lot of games work online. i havent played so not sure how it works.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
stazi said:
oh wow. i didnt realise you could play online! that is so incredibly awesome.
do u know wat u can do?

... DSorganiser
.. moonshell MP3 player..\
..BeUp MSN client for DS ..
kinda jsut weird stuff..

there are lots more uses than backup games..

here has how-to guides..
http://scdev.org/index.php

there are lot of decent flash cards.. just be careful.. cos there are as many dodgy ones :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)