Mutliple Choice Answers! (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
13: but if the overdraft meant it was just subtracted from the cash at bank why wouldnt they just use that then! it doesnt make much sense to write a cheque for more than is available just to be taken out of the cash at bank...
14: some points about swot..
* internal forces are unique to each business
* a threat can be defined as "An indication of impending danger or harm"
ie. threats havent affected the business yet but will if not properly managed! and they affect other businesses too.. while this rent thing is very internal and its already happened (so it cant be a threat)

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Alright, few things. I don't have the question sheet but blindguardian is prettymuch right.

Question 5 is A. Yes our currency changing is a global influence, because it changes based on global market fluctuations.

The answer for 9 is global branding. It's a poor question i think.

The one about the govt grant is Owners Equity Ratio.

The one about overdraft to buy printer is current liabilities rise with long term assets.

"q14. an increased in interest rate is a threat. i see this exact the same case as increased in rent.
it merely based on external & internal, not if it already occured or not."
NO.
A threat is a change in the market or forseen change that could have negative repercussions if not handled. This HAS had negative repercussions. This is not a threat this is a weakness because it's making the business weaker financially to put it in simple terms.

Question 11 is C.

Oh yeah, as for the interpersonal/decisional debate, bear in mind that Henri Fayol developed those things and specifcally referred to them as roles. Hence they're still known as roles and if that scenaro didn't fit under disturbance handler god knows where it fits.

Question 5 is mediation, not concilliation, so it's D. Mediation is a nuetral random third party, concilliation involves the AIRC or someone as a third party.

OK?

ae

HSC
hmmmmm,
no i will not agree with ur asnwers ;)
why does u, ur head teacher, and 3ex-biz who got 95++ guaranteed its a correct answer?

i can c where you coming from.

lets quite the argument, u cant be convinced, so cant i :)
lets blame it @ the bad wording of the qs

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol i still dont get why it wud be a weakness. there is an increase in rent and it is affecting thier performance, rent is associated to money - liability, in simplistic terms they have to deal with it or else they wont be able to pay it, hence it is a threat! tadaa lol

superbird

HSC
ok i know i said that this bitching is worthless but i couldnt help myself. BUT HOW IS Q11 C?
The company is leasing its veichles, therefore is a long-term cost for the business. But C suggests that the reason why it chose to lease is to minimise long-term costs so you're contradicting urself there.
I believe the answer A

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Is C the question about the car?
If so, it's C, someone else already gave a good exlplanatiuon from the extbook as to why earlier.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
omg 11 is .......blah i duno lol and 14 is d Ok!! wait im gana rite a letter to my business studies head teacher and ask him 2 confirm it so i get backup 2 ehhehehe. I dont get why wud you pick a over c?? they are both relavent but..........sumbody plz explain?

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Tell me what 14 was and i'll explain. I don't have the question sheet handy.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
qn: in a situatinal analysis of ABICS BuSINess Solutions cost OVERRUNS DUE TO INCREASED RENT were identified as a FACTOR AFFECTING PERFORMANCES.

How would this factor be correctly classified in the SwoT analYsis?
strenghth? weakness? opportunity? or threat?

its either strenght or threat. im 80% towards threat lol

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Ok
"Solutions cost OVERRUNS"
As opposed to "may overrun"
Meaning it's costing too much, more than it should and is a weakness of the business. The "Factor affecting performance" reiterates that, because it states it's already affecting the business.

If it said "Due to increased rent situation cost is predicted to overrun" then by all means it's a threat.
See where i'm coming from?
It's a stupid question because it relies to heavily on semantics instead of course knowledge i agree, but it's definately a weakness.

BlindGuardian

Thank you Stilla :)
Bah...i think me, business head teacher who has marked the HSC for the last 3 years and 3 ex biz who got +95 has a better chacne of bein rite than .......u + no1

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
My head teacher who's also a HSC marker and both the other Business studies teachers agree weakness, there's no ambigousty about it according to them.

I'm just pretty pleased with the whole thing because some were pretty tricky but it's looking like i managed 20/20, and i *Need* a band 6 in business to get the UAI i want, thanks to english.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
hmmm..........ok im gettin wat u guys mean now..........fyn i'll give in!! lol but i gotta admit, these business studies boox are pretty crap all of them state sumthing different so theyre skrewin me up on heapsa questionz....*shakes head*
stupid multi choice qns too..... hehehe
aaaaaaa k im gettin ova business! gota go study 4 maths now lol gudluk ppllle

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Yeah, i think most people are agreeing the MC questions could have been improved.
I have PE tomorrow, so i should start studying.
Good luck to you and everyone for tomorrow's exams and Maths.

Edit: Well, i did start studying, in the car the next afternoon before the exam. That's adequate for the HSC don't you think?

Last edited:

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
cro_angel said:
blind guardians answers are right.. sorry kids according to the chapman business studies in action book decision making is a role.. i dont want to accept it either but oh well
well in the SYLLABUS, decision-making is a SKILL!

Mintzberg's managerial roles are Interpersonal, Informational, Decisional..

Why would board of studies use decision-making and go against the syllabus..

Go (C)! :D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)