Mutliple Choice Answers! (1 Viewer)

roslyn

no it wasn't me... i personally could not cope with getting a mark i know i didn't deserve.. and i don't go to a catholic school.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
icebreaka said:
well in the SYLLABUS, decision-making is a SKILL!

Mintzberg's managerial roles are Interpersonal, Informational, Decisional..

Why would board of studies use decision-making and go against the syllabus..

Go (C)! :D:D
well according to the syllabus the skill is actually 'complex problem solving and decision making' so even that wouldnt technically be the skill
decision making is the role because under interpersonal comes the role of figurehead, leader and liaison.. while under decisional comes the roles of entrepreneur, disturbance handler, resource allocator and negotiator
i put c and its wrong.. decisional is the same as decision making just like participative and democratic are the same leadership style..

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
For question 14;

In a situational analysis of ABIC's Business Solutions, cost overruns due to increased rent were idenitfied as a factor affecting performance -

I interpreted this as being an externality that influenced the businesses operations, thus it was a threat to its profitabilty because of increased fixed costs. I dont know how it would be a weakness of the business because it was not an internal factor that could be changed by ABIC.

However, its also a bit grey with the 'threat' stuff too, because its already influenced and affected the business.

Even in looking back on the question, I still think D was the best answer.

a_person86

HSC
Question 13

Although I put B for this answer, the correct answer is C.

Ive done a certificate II in accounting, and although an overdraft is a current liability, it is a deduction from the cheque account. It is specifically asking the changes on the balance sheet, therefore cash in the bank would decrease. Im was really pissed off with myself i didnt pick up on it!

Looks like the Business Studies head teacher and that ex-business studies student that got 95 UAI wouldve gotten that wrong!

Becc

ummm.. how is question 14 a threat?
the business should have planned ahead for any rent changes
they didn't, it was a weakness.

i read in some textbook that 1a is a role.

and i still dispute 11, i think that leasing vehicles would reduce the costs.
i don't care what all the teachers and what have you say.
thats my oppinion. full stop.

nova

HSC
a_person86 said:
Although I put B for this answer, the correct answer is C.

Ive done a certificate II in accounting, and although an overdraft is a current liability, it is a deduction from the cheque account. It is specifically asking the changes on the balance sheet, therefore cash in the bank would decrease. Im was really pissed off with myself i didnt pick up on it!

Looks like the Business Studies head teacher and that ex-business studies student that got 95 UAI wouldve gotten that wrong!
It might be correct according to your certificate whatever in accounting, but as per the HSC syllabus and all three textbooks, B is the correct answer.

The HSC doesn't take accounting into as great a detail as your accounting course obviously would have.

Becc said:
and i still dispute 11, i think that leasing vehicles would reduce the costs.
i don't care what all the teachers and what have you say.
thats my oppinion. full stop.
Think about it logically. Leasing might cost them $2000/month for their fleet and they NEVER own the vehicles. So this process goes on as long as the business does, lets say 20 yrs. After 20yrs they've paid $480 000. If they purchased their cars, after 20yrs they could still have the same cars, and they would only have been set back maybe $50-$100k.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
nova you took the words out of my mouth..
i was about to say this is hsc business studies not accounting at tafe.. obviously they would do things differently which is why there are often problems with interpreting financial statements because there often isnt one way of doing everything
there are no textbooks which say that an overdraft is a deduction from a cheque account.. it just says they are a 'cheap form of short term borrowing which enables a business to overcome temporary cash shortages' (30k could have been a shortage..) and 'banks require that regular payments are made and may charge account keeping fees, establishment fees and interest'
so its just like a short term loan with a different way to access it [writing a cheque for more than u have available].. so it would have to do something to current liabilities not cash

nova

HSC
a_person86 said:
Well i hope your right Nova, cause i put B as well!
By business studies teacher aswell as the social sciences head teacher both said that was the answer aswell.

PS, here are my answers:
1. C - people are split between A and C
2. C
3. C
4. D
5. A
6. D
7. D
8. B
9. B
10. B
11. A
12. C
13. B
14. D
15. D - this is definitly right, mediation is neutral/mutuall agreed 3rd party, concilliation is AIRC appointed 3rd party
16. C - tricky one, what gave it away was the fact it was financed by govt export grant.
17. D
18. D
19. B
20. A

From what's been said, I could have got anything from 17-20. However i'm going towards 18/19 (I think i got question 1. wrong)

nik_noodle

HSC
maka said:
id say 1 is C as decision making is a skill of management as the roles are

1 informational
2 interpersonal
3 decisional- the decisional role includes the skill of decision making

but INTERPERSONAL involves management reconciling conflicts of interests within the business and employers hence INTERPERSONAL
narh its gotta be decision making...the skill the manager used was negociaing...interpersonal includes leader, liason and figurehead...none of them were being exerted in that

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
arr however... it asks what did he do to IMPLEMENT the negotiation... it could be seen that leader was the skill that gave him the power to do that, i did pick up on that in the test... but went with decision as it was my first choice.

maka

HSC
Students learn about:
the nature of management
• the importance of effective management
management roles
– interpersonal, informational, decisional
skills of management
– people skills, strategic thinking, vision, flexibility and adaptability to change,
self-managing, teamwork, complex problem-solving and decision-making,
ethical and high personal standards

HENCE 1 has to be C as INTERPERSONAL is a ROLE AS STATED BY BOS AND A decision making is a SKILL..... note if BOS go by syllabus

I reckon you'll see a few questions with multiple answers if everyone rekons the same and its not clearly distinguishable

13 is B as it says that they are using an overdraft and it must increase CL
14 is D- as increased rent is external
16- weird i put A
17- i put C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)