Mutliple Choice Answers! (1 Viewer)

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
Acid said:
For question 9... I put D. SOme ppl say its Global branding but I would disagree because Pepsi doesn't own Coke do they? I thought global branding only applied if it was the same company...
I put D as well.. but i know where i went wrong..
The question is saying that consumers around the world can tell the difference between coke and pepsi.. So the question asks why is this?

Correct answer (B) .. Because of global branding..

Where i went wrong is i thought the question said that: around the world people think coke is pepsi ..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ok according to reading through 11 pages of this thread i should have 17 out of 20 yay
1) C [x]
2) C
3) C
4) D
5) A
6) D
7) D
8) B
9) B
10) B
11) C [x]
12) C
13) B
14) B
15) D
16) B [x]
17) D
18) D
19) B
20) A

Last edited:

Becc

i think that 11 is the answer c - it makes sense, because they will be avioding the maintainence costs of the vehicles in the future.

BlindGuardian

Ahem...20/20 confirmed by teacher, past biz student (UAI 97), and textbook
Answers are:
1.a
2.c
3.c
4.d
5.a
6.d
7.d
8.b
9.b
10.b
11.a
12.c
13.b
14.b
15.d
16.c
17.d
18.d
19.b
20.a

ENJOY! :D

TRUZ

yaay! i got (a) for question 1 and 20 weeee! at least i know i got 2 ryt!!.....come on pplz....its oover....done..finished....does it really matter?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ok 17/20 damn
i just checked my textbook and the answer to a is decision making.. my textbook says decision making is a role
meh its still good.. low b6

superbird

HSC
i dispute Q14 of those answers (believe it should be threats), and still not sure about Q1. Meh nevermind. Congrats to that guy achieving 97 UAI

Farcanell

superbird said:
i dispute Q14 of those answers (believe it should be threats), and still not sure about Q1. Meh nevermind. Congrats to that guy achieving 97 UAI
From what I'd been told, opportunities and threats are supposed to only be external factors. God I hope thats the case anyway as I put down B...

superbird

HSC
but rent is an external factor. tho its difficult to determine from the question whether the increase in rent has already affected the business and therefore is no longer a threat.

BlindGuardian

it is not a threat its a weakness as it has already occured....a threat would be e.g. rent prices have been rising in the area as of late....it woudl then be a trheat as there is a chance of something bad happening

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
blind guardians answers are right.. sorry kids according to the chapman business studies in action book decision making is a role.. i dont want to accept it either but oh well

somborac

HSC
i think question 9 is D and question 11 c

the reason why think 9 is D because global branding is when the business uses the same strategy to promote its products brand world over, how ever product differentiation is where the business creates different products so it can have a competative adventage to its competitors.

Global Branding: world wide use of name, symbol oir logo to identify the product of one seller and differentiate them from those of competitor
Product differentiation: strategy which assumes the way the product is used and needs it satisfies are different between countries.

11 C because leasing is part of the working capital, therefore business would use leasing, long term finance, to minimise its cost in a long run and thus improve working capital.

somborac

HSC
on other hand question 14 i would argue is B because threats are same as weaknesses but in external environment, while wekanesses are in internal environment. and since renting and overdue fees are part of the internal business environment its B = weakness

paztaboy

HSC
hey blind guardian you sure your answers are definetaly right? coz if they are i got 20/20 and i don't believe that

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
somborac: its global branding because coca cola and pepsi cola are different brands.. when talking about differentiated marketing its 'customising the marketing plan to fit the economic, political and sociocultural characteristics of the target country'
an example of product differentiation is diet coke being called 'coke light' in japan because its very insulting to say 'would you like a diet coke' (implying the person is fat)
and global branding is used to identify products of one seller from its competitor.. so basically differentiation is more within one company itself
am i making sense?

BlindGuardian

Yes i'm sure my answers are right and yes you did get 20/20 and yes you should now go out and get drunk because of your achievment ;)
And somborac you can argue all you like, but the answers are right..
In refernce to Q9 wot the hell r u talkn bout? Coke and Pepsi are 2 completely different companies so i dun undastnad where u can get product differentiation from...
Q11 is a...dont argue. The question doesnt say anything about working capital so....no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)