14.b
15.d
16.c
17.d
18.d
19.b
20.a

ENJOY! :D
convince me that your Q13 and 14 is the right one.
cause i tend to argue otherwise.

BlindGuardian

Ok 13 is b because you know the non-current assets will increase rite?? well so will current liabilities becayse the business obtained an overdraft which ads to accounts payable therefore current liabilities...happy?
Q 14. i already explained....it cant be a threat if it has already occured. I gave the example before that if it said "there has recently been an increase in rent prices in the area" then that would be a threat as it is possible it will happen and have a negative effect. Because the rent prices had already increased it muct be a weakness....still arguing?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ae said:
13: when u use an overdraft it appears on the balance sheet as 'current liabilities' and that is how much you owe to the bank.. it is then levelled out by the printing machine going into the 'non current assets' so in turn.. the assets and liabilities/owners equity side increase in amount
14: threats havent happened yet.. and the increased rent is internal (as in they can choose where they want to locate their business) and it has already happened

ae

HSC
BlindGuardian said:
Ok 13 is b because you know the non-current assets will increase rite?? well so will current liabilities becayse the business obtained an overdraft which ads to accounts payable therefore current liabilities...happy?
Q 14. i already explained....it cant be a threat if it has already occured. I gave the example before that if it said "there has recently been an increase in rent prices in the area" then that would be a threat as it is possible it will happen and have a negative effect. Because the rent prices had already increased it muct be a weakness....still arguing?
13. overdraft can ONLY be taken when there is no cash left in the bank. but there is still $30k in the bank, meaning it cant go to current liabiltiies.
EDIT: you tell me any bank that allow overdraft to be taken while there still some cash on the bank, then you win, otherwise ur argument is false. while a biz can still borrow $$$ from bank with cash in the bnak, it is not called an overdraft.
14. competitions are threats, but they already opened. same as the a new product introduce into a market by a comp, it ALREADY introduce but it is also a threat. so ur argument tat increased rent is a weakness cause it already occured contradict.

ranie

HSC
multiple

ae said:

r u sure dats the corect answers for da HSC?
i got:
10. B
14.D

did anybody get that??

ae

HSC
ranie said:
r u sure dats the corect answers for da HSC?
i got:
10. B
14.D

did anybody get that??
tat wat i got...

superbird

HSC
i think debating about the right answers is just gonna make people more upset and angry. regardless of what we think is right we have no control other what the markers think otherwise

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
superbird said:
i think debating about the right answers is just gonna make people more upset and angry. regardless of what we think is right we have no control other what the markers think otherwise
hehehehe are u guys still on dis?? well i still rekon 10 iz b and 14 iz d, but anyway even if they are wrong or right they are gana get scaled for people, up or down...hopeFuly up :eek:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
question 13: ive never read anywhere that you can only use the overdraft facility if u dont have cash at bank.. all the balance sheets that i have seen have cash and make use of an overdraft.. its like ur saying that a business cant have cash while having liabilities?
the account that they use the overdraft facility isnt necessarily the same account as the cash at bank so how would it automatically be deducted from the cash at bank? and anyway if it was deducted.. why would they use an overdraft when they can just use the cash that they have
question 10: i have no idea someone else can fight that one
question 14: in relation to what someone said before.. although the new market and competitors are a threat they still have the ability to take away profits/market share.. while the rent has already been taken away and they cant really do anything about it (while you do have the ability to minimise threats)

debating is fun because im bored and have 3 days to study for maths so meh

BlindGuardian

plz just listen to cro_angel...and me lol
how many times do questions 13 and 14 have to be explained???
and i put 10. b anyway so i dunno wot ur complaining about
BAH!!!

somborac

HSC
BlindGuardian said:
Coke and Pepsi are 2 completely different companies so i dun undastnad where u can get product differentiation from...
Q11 is a...dont argue. The question doesnt say anything about working capital so....no
serious...i thought pepsi was owned by Coca-Cola company, but then again, i never drink either.

The reason why i argue 11 is C, is coz leasing minimises long term costs overall. Check with the book. under financial strategies...long term debt.

BlindGuardian

plz dude trust me with 11. uve misinterpreted the question, i see where u're cumn from but its beating around the bush and not really wot the question is asking.
And yes Coke and Pepsi are different companies. Bitter rivals in fact
Coke owns products such as Fanta, Liftm Sprite
I think Pepsi owns cadbury-schweppes meaning they own Sunkist, etc.

ae

HSC
cro_angel said:
question 13: ive never read anywhere that you can only use the overdraft facility if u dont have cash at bank.. all the balance sheets that i have seen have cash and make use of an overdraft.. its like ur saying that a business cant have cash while having liabilities?
the account that they use the overdraft facility isnt necessarily the same account as the cash at bank so how would it automatically be deducted from the cash at bank? and anyway if it was deducted.. why would they use an overdraft when they can just use the cash that they have
question 10: i have no idea someone else can fight that one
question 14: in relation to what someone said before.. although the new market and competitors are a threat they still have the ability to take away profits/market share.. while the rent has already been taken away and they cant really do anything about it (while you do have the ability to minimise threats)

debating is fun because im bored and have 3 days to study for maths so meh
arguing is quite fun.
i do believe that the answers can go both ways, but im leaning towards my answers anyway.
q13. as far as i understand it, overdraft is an agreement of a biz with a bank, allowing the biz to able to go below zero within limit.
assuming the biz only involve with one bank, by its definition, an overdraft only turn into current liabilities when the biz borrow below zero, but the printing machinery cost $30k max, and biz has $30k in the bank. so it will merely use this cash as an overdraft to pay for the machinery.

q14. an increased in interest rate is a threat. i see this exact the same case as increased in rent.
it merely based on external & internal, not if it already occured or not.

ae

HSC
BlindGuardian said:
plz just listen to cro_angel...and me lol
how many times do questions 13 and 14 have to be explained???
and i put 10. b anyway so i dunno wot ur complaining about
BAH!!!
hahah, i would love to, if i ve put 13. B 14.B
but i didnt.....

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol i put c for question 11 aswell....damn these questions have multiple answers!!! i can see why people would say a) but i can also see why i said c, i still rekon c is correct.

BlindGuardian

"use this cash as an overdraft to pay for the machinery"??? WTF!!! that doesnt even make sense....i don't think you know the correct meaning of an overdraft....if u think wot ure sayin is true bout not bein able to get an overdraft then in essence ur sayin that question is wrong...which it is not.

BlindGuardian

omg ae ive confirmed the answers with the social science head teacher, textbook, and now 3 past biz students who all received UAI's of above 95 and got band 6 in business....quit ur bitching and accept that u're wrong :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)