Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Examine

same
HSC
I wasn't sure about 20, it depends on how you interpret the word "applies" - because the executive arm of government also refers to the governor general so by applies if it means make it into law then yeah...

And for 12 I did C because a forfeiture of an asset doesn't really rehabilitate you, it's more of a punishment, so I guess it's retribution.

(Also, what did you guys do for 17?)
I (obviously from my paper) got D. I picked d on the fact that I interpreted peers as jury, and via the transition of indictable to summary (District court->Local court) there is the removal of juries from the transition. As for the right for lawyers I was thinking about it but i didn't pick it because I remembered this article
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/legal-aid-now-just-a-bandaid-20130516-2jp8j.html
>Implying legal aid/lawyer was available for local courts before budget cuts

I'm keen on seeing other people's perspectives

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I'm not sure but I think your 17 may be wrong. No one has an automatic right to legal representation (established in Dietrich v the Queen)
In indictable offences, Dietrich v The Queen established that a case may be held until the defendant can seek legal representation. (I have no idea though, I was pretty confident about MC and now I feel shit lel)

I (obviously from my paper) got D. I picked d on the fact that I interpreted peers as jury, and via the transition of indictable to summary (District court->Local court) there is the removal of juries from the transition. As for the right for lawyers I was thinking about it but i didn't pick it because I remembered this article

Depends on where they draw the line for marking I guess

Candidate

HSC
I wasn't sure about 20, it depends on how you interpret the word "applies" - because the executive arm of government also refers to the governor general so by applies if it means make it into law then yeah...

And for 12 I did C because a forfeiture of an asset doesn't really rehabilitate you, it's more of a punishment, so I guess it's retribution.

(Also, what did you guys do for 17?)
I did D for 17.

Renegader

HSC

Damn, I think you're right. That's some crazy multiple choice examining you've done there.

Examine

same
HSC
Damn, I think you're right. That's some crazy multiple choice examining you've done there.
Hahahahahahaah

I think i'm sitting on 17-19/20 atm, 18 is confirmed wrong lol (need to lern more about my parliamentzzz)

Last edited:

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
I said 11D....role of the victim in circle sentencing?

Oh god, if I got 11, 12, 17, 18, 20 wrong just laters ATAR laters Band 6

YuMaNuMa

HSC
dw

exam wasn't that easy

I know lots of kids who screwed it from other schools

this guy called me and said he accidently talked about discretion in general, and forgot to see sentencing and punishment

it'll align well
A bit off topic but would you be right if you talked about police discretion (ie. police issuing fines, warning, etc). It's not directly under sentencing and punishment but seems to relate.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
A bit off topic but would you be right if you talked about police discretion (ie. police issuing fines, warning, etc). It's not directly under sentencing and punishment but seems to relate.
not really

you can talk about how discretion rectifies discretion

e.g. case about wrongful search due to discretion, is referenced in the discretion of the judge's sentence

I heard people doing it like that

just focus on court cases and their sentences

for that section, I'll get like 13/15

SuperMike96

HSC

This was my interpretation as well. Hope it's correct!

lolwot

HSC
WHAT

tell me the answer was nsw court of criminal appeal

lol please

omg
yeah court of criminal appeal is right

i just always choose drug court in exams because it sounds right lol

but hopefully i'll get 17/18

Candidate

HSC
I did the Drug Court because it said 'review' and not 'appeal', and i figured an appeal would go to the Supreme Court anyway.

Doesn't matter, I fucked up both peace rights and education.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)